ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CCTV taken from Linda Lane suggests that there was little traffic at that time of day, so the car that drove Xana home at 1:45 was also on the footage.

" ... he turned over surveillance video showing a white car zoom by around the time of the murders. ...

Kayle Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin were stabbed to death inside 1122 King Road Nov. 13 between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m. ...

Francetich described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage. ...

Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later. He suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings."

Google Maps
Further their interest in the car:

“MOSCOW, Idaho – Detectives are interested in speaking with the occupant(s) of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, with an unknown license plate. Tips and leads have led investigators to look for additional information about a vehicle being in the immediate area of the King Street residence during the early morning hours of November 13th.”

It would be great if everyone in Moscow with surveillance would have pulled it immediately and reviewed it. However, that is unrealistic. Believe it or not, not everyone has a sleuth like mind and the thought of helping solve a mystery really doesn't occur to most people! (I know, shocking.)
IKR?! Even when LE specifically states "no matter how small or minor you think it is.....". It blows me away every single time.

Only in a perfect world, I guess.

I have no idea. But many of the Elantra owners could be eliminated, at least initially, very quickly. There is a zero percent chance IMO the suspect is a say 40yo or older female
IMO I don't think dismissing or eliminating anything in a case this big would be smart to do......even the ones that an average Joe might think there is a zero percent chance. That's just me though.

I suspect the White Elantra was picked up on more than one Cam. It was also seen IMO 10-15 mins before or after 3:00 am on Taylor Ave. I think the time is off and they gave a range of 2:45 to 3:15 am. Taylor is not the immediate area of the house, so I think it was caught on another CAM at or close to the Murder house.

MOO.

Yes bc didn’t the little grey bungalow next door have a camera?

Further their interest in the car:

“MOSCOW, Idaho – Detectives are interested in speaking with the occupant(s) of a white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra, with an unknown license plate. Tips and leads have led investigators to look for additional information about a vehicle being in the immediate area of the King Street residence during the early morning hours of November 13th.”
The fact that the owner has not come forward to clear his or her name heightens interest in the vehicle with unknown licence plates.

Well, No.

The Camera is pointed to Taylor Ave and the car went Westbound on Taylor between 2:45 - 3:15 am.

The Car wasn’t on Linda Lane.
Thank you. I was just coming back, having thought things over. Taylor connects to the highway, so the unsub could have come from anywhere. But now I am convinced none of the victims were followed home by anyone. At least not on that night.

I just remembered the picture of the TV screen displaying that there was no network connection. I wonder if the perp disabled that to ensure nothing was recorded or downloaded.
Was it for sure a t.v? I remember seeing a computer monitor thru a window showing a similar message because LE took the computer's tower and/or hard drive.

I cannot even begin trying to remember which news story that was to link it (I'm sorry) so I would understand if this comment gets deleted.

Thank you. I was just coming back, having thought things over. Taylor connects to the highway, so the unsub could have come from anywhere. But now I am convinced none of the victims were followed home by anyone. At least not on that night.
The camera footage is take from a home with a camera facing Taylor Avenue around 2:45 AM. The car was westbound - towards the murders. Taylor Avenue is the same road as Styner Ave and White Ave (where the car was westbound at 3:45 AM).

It sounds like the white vehicle was near the murders, heading towards the murders around 2:45-3:15 AM. At 3:45, the vehicle was again heading towards the murders, but it sounds like the vehicle turned onto Troy or Hwy 8 and then turned onto a side-street.

1671166589904.png

1671166928746.png

The fact that the owner has not come forward to clear his or her name heightens interest in the vehicle with unknown licence plates.
Exactly I have said numerous times that it’s very odd that the person in the white Hyundai has not come Ford.

Someone suggested that the person may have not known. The person and or persons in the white Hyundai know that they are being called to come forward. That person is free to their opinion and I am free to mine. They are mistaken for that view.

It’s 2022, every newspaper, tv station, social media site, message board, and the internet in general has been talking about this case non stop. So unless they live under a rock than they know they anre being called upon and are purposely avoiding. Either because they are the killer or killers or they know who the killer and or killers are and want to protect them. JMO

Was it for sure a t.v? I remember seeing a computer monitor thru a window showing a similar message because LE took the computer's tower and/or hard drive.

I cannot even begin trying to remember which news story that was to link it (I'm sorry) so I would understand if this comment gets deleted.
There is a huge photo collection, compiled by poster @cujenn81, linked on the first page of each thread. I was just looking through it earlier this evening. The photos of the monitor you are speaking of can he found there. BTW, photos of almost anything related to this case that have been released can be found there. HTH

Is the video showing the car the same video that shows all the people arriving home?
The video show the car M and K were in coming back from the food truck and then an hour later shows the white Hyundai. There is no video of E and X coming home that we know of. All we know is that M, K, E and X were home by 1:45am.

The vape guy says Kaylee had a lot of problems with stalkers and guys following her.

Is that common for young women?

I know she is particularly attractive and based on Instagram wears quite revealing clothes.
I don't mean that in a "victim blaming" way.
I think women should wear what they want and men should treat them with respect regardless.

My female friends get male attention in bars and out at night, but I wouldn't call it stalking
It’s been a long time since I was that age, but in my experience, very common. I think the worst of it for me was around 14-25.

Image 1 - Approximate view of security footage from Linda Lane which captured the dark sedan (likely the private driver who dropped M and K off) passing around 1:45am and driving away again soon after. Then the white car between 2:45am and 3am.
<<snipped for focus>>

It has already been determined that M&K were still at the food truck at 1:45, per the time stamp on the twitch video. They didn't get dropped off at home until around 1:56a.m.

Exactly I have said numerous times that it’s very odd that the person in the white Hyundai has not come Ford.

Someone suggested that the person may have not known. The person and or persons in the white Hyundai know that they are being called to come forward. That person is free to their opinion and I am free to mine. They are mistaken for that view.

It’s 2022, every newspaper, tv station, social media site, message board, and the internet in general has been talking about this case non stop. So unless they live under a rock than they know they anre being called upon and are purposely avoiding. Either because they are the killer or killers or they know who the killer and or killers are and want to protect them. JMO
It's possible that a similar-car owner who stopped driving in the last few years parked the vehicle due to age, and a caretaker has the keys. Someone like that may not know that police are asking about similar cars, nor would someone like that know whether the person they reported it to made the call. It could be a vehicle that has not be registered in the last few years. There are lots of possibilities ... 22,000s.

Or LE misidentified the make, model, or year of the car. Who knows?

If we rule out - K & M being followed home - because there is this car involved and is there 1 hour after they are home.

If we rule out someone staking out and waiting in street near by - again because the car came past 1 hour after K & M get home.

Could whoever was in the white car - have seen the messages between K & M to J and drove over in his place. I don't know if that is possible?? or dropped someone off at 1122 king??? MOO

Young - and actually even older - people often talk freely about themselves to clerks at businesses they frequent often. I know this because I own a business that has many return customers and they tell me a lot of personal info/stories. Plus I ask a lot of questions because it’s interesting and I care about my customers. I’m chatty. Just like this guy.
Perhaps LE could check this store’s video security if they have it - and being a vape store I would think they do - perhaps this ‘stalker’ may have followed her there to the vape store on one or more occasions?
K was a social butterfly. Very outgoing from what we know. She probably made friends very easily. I can see that she would carry on a conversation with the vape store employee if she frequented that store regularly.

Wasn't the employee being interviewed by the reporter?

The owner of the white Elantra probably has it in a garage and are vacuuming it very meticulously, wiping it down to remove fingerprints. Removing the seats if possible, to clean under and around them. I remember reading a book about Ted Bundy and how LE knew he was guilty, but did not have enough evidence, and had sit and watch him clean his VW bug of all evidence. He knew they were watching and that they could do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon