ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we know so far about white car, time and direction.

View attachment 387913

And when he leaves, he goes Taylor to Walenta

MOO.

Perp thinks if Police are coming, they’d come in via Taylor, the same way he came. He doesn’t know if the people on the first floor called the Police, or not.

MOO.

Last edited:
I get a weird vibe from this interview… not sure if it’s just this guy trying to get his 15 minutes or what. Seems strange that the girls would bring a stalker issue up to this essential stranger and odd that he brings up the Corner Club where it’s widely known they were that night. Anyone else?
I think vape store guy sounds credible and really sounds to me. But, I have never vaped, so maybe I am not correct.

Regarding Jack and the Box bag on the table and the receipt with a victim name on it and someone’s postulation that one of the cars seen on security video was UberEats or DoorDash delivering food…

I order DD at least 3x a week in different cities and my name is on the receipt/bag about 50% of the time, but not always. It tends to be chain restaurants that add customer names to receipts but not always. Panera adds names to both DoorDash AND pick up orders as well. I do not know what Jack in the Box normally does- If I am in an area with Jack in the Box- I will DoorDash it and let you know!

I am trying to picture a timeline based on the assumption that this is the car investigators are interested in.
White Car seen sometime between 2.45am-3.15am heading west
Final call KG made 2:52am
White car seen near gas station (5 (?)mins away). 3.45am - presumably heading away from the premises.
Both the ‘arrival time’ and ‘departure time’ of the car (3.15am-/ 3.45am) would match with being at the house ‘between 3am-4am). This is likely the same car. I feel like an arrest could be made before Christmas
One month after crimes and LE searching for this car? Sounds like killer may not get caught this 2022 year. No college student should ever live in housing that does not have decent security system in place.

I’m VERY behind on this discussion, and could be wrong on this, but IIRC (it’s been a long time), I can think of two cases where the vehicle caught on surveillance footage, with images distributed far and wide, did not lead to the apprehension of the perps, despite the vehicles being parked right there in the driveway fairly close to the crime scenes, moo. These cases include Jessica Heeringa’s abduction and murder from the gas station where she worked and one of the Northern Colorado highway shooters, who’s vehicle sketch and make model was released, iirc, jmo. There was even a NOCO Task Force comprised of various very high level agencies, some so high they didn’t even name them.

I’m thinking/hoping this will turn out to be better, knock on wood.

Also, the NBC Nightly News reporter said LE told her the vehicle description associated in this case was the result of multiple tips called into LE. I’m hoping this isn’t like the purple PT cruiser, ETC. in Abby’s and Libby’s case.

My point, I’m hoping this is a good lead, but not putting all my eggs in this basket if you know what I mean.

Car also caught dark sedan at 1:45 AM coming to the house, then leaving. Believed to be a "sorority safety" ride that dropped K&M off. Fits perfectly with the current timeline.
"At 1:56 a.m., a neighbor’s surveillance camera showed Ms. Mogen and Ms. Goncalves returning to the house, Ms. Goncalves’s older sister said."

I get a weird vibe from this interview… not sure if it’s just this guy trying to get his 15 minutes or what. Seems strange that the girls would bring a stalker issue up to this essential stranger and odd that he brings up the Corner Club where it’s widely known they were that night. Anyone else?
The only vibe I get is that he wants to be relevant.

Honestly I have to think we have that here in the US. Maybe and I’m guessing here, that that’s not working out for the G family. But particularly in a mass homicide there would be basic resources? They have that in hospitals for ICU pts so I’d be dumbfounded if that wasn’t provided. Anyone know how that works?
Every county is different but here’s the government services offered to victims in Latah County.
City of Moscow Victim Assistance
Besides LE returning your possessions if they aren’t needed for the investigation, its focus is on assisting during trial when many victims are witnesses for the state.
There may be some private groups that offer more comprehensive assistance, like mental health counseling or support groups but I’ve only found that in Idaho for DV, SA and child abuse. Because the population is so small, if it exists, you probably need to go to a city like Boise. Jmo
Most people’s health insurance would cover counseling/therapy though, both private or government Medicaid/Medicare.

Was it for sure a t.v? I remember seeing a computer monitor thru a window showing a similar message because LE took the computer's tower and/or hard drive.

I cannot even begin trying to remember which news story that was to link it (I'm sorry) so I would understand if this comment gets deleted.
I believe it was Cox and I’m thinking it was her computer imo.

K was a social butterfly. Very outgoing from what we know. She probably made friends very easily. I can see that she would carry on a conversation with the vape store employee if she frequented that store regularly.

Wasn't the employee being interviewed by the reporter?

The owner of the white Elantra probably has it in a garage and are vacuuming it very meticulously, wiping it down to remove fingerprints. Removing the seats if possible, to clean under and around them. I remember reading a book about Ted Bundy and how LE knew he was guilty, but did not have enough evidence, and had sit and watch him clean his VW bug of all evidence. He knew they were watching and that they could do nothing.
Is it possible the driver of the car is in hiding in hopes of healing some wounds that may have been inflicted during the struggle with the victims?

I am trying to picture a timeline based on the assumption that this is the car investigators are interested in.
White Car seen sometime between 2.45am-3.15am heading west
Final call KG made 2:52am
White car seen near gas station (5 (?)mins away). 3.45am - presumably heading away from the premises.
Both the ‘arrival time’ and ‘departure time’ of the car (3.15am-/ 3.45am) would match with being at the house ‘between 3am-4am). This is likely the same car. I feel like an arrest could be made before Christmas
As I understand it, the car caught on gas station video is on highway 8 going towards the house at 3:45 as it turns left off of highway 8. A post back a few pages has a map showing the possible route of the car from highway 8, to the left turn that takes you up to Taylor.

The owner of a property near the home where four University of Idaho students were slaughtered last month told Fox News Digital he turned over surveillance video showing a white car zoom by around the time of the murders.

Moscow, Idaho, detectives reached out to landlord KF Nov. 14 and asked for surveillance footage recorded from a camera perched on top of his six-unit rental building on Linda Lane, which is .3 miles from the murder scene.

"I downloaded it and gave them access to everything from 2 a.m. through noon on that Sunday the 13th,"

The car, which F described as both "white" and "light colored" traveled west on Taylor Road sometime between 2:45 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., he said. Only a side view of the car is visible in the footage.

It's unclear if the white car in the footage is the same Hyundai Elantra investigators are trying to track down.

The link in quoted post reports:

"Francetich said he also noticed what looked like a sedan traveling west toward 1122 King Road at around 1:45 a.m. then head back toward the highway a few minutes later.
View from Linda Lane toward Taylor Road in Moscow, Idaho, Dec. 15, 2022.

View from Linda Lane toward Taylor Road in Moscow, Idaho, Dec. 15, 2022. (Derek Shook for Fox News Digital)
He suspects this may have been the "third-party driver" who dropped Goncalves and Mogen off before the slayings."

I'm not clear if this report is stating that there were 2 sedans in the area, the 3rd party car dropping the girls off AND a possible killer or witness in another sedan. If the girls used an Uber, I would think that LE would have contacted every taxi-like company in the area to see who dropped the girls off. The companies keep records and LE would have interviewed the driver. If it was a friend, then I think the friend driver would have contacted LE already.
Nice to note that all cameras in the area were hunted down for footage and that this had taken place immediately after the crime. That's what I'm used to seeing LE do. They usually bring things like this to the media after they've exhausted most avenues to find the info they need but require more eyes from the public. BTW, I hope LE is also checking all rental car places too. Someone may have wanted a rental for the weekend or to drive home.

We can do this. We must find the car they're describing. LE is usually very thorough and detailed about putting info out. We need to focus on the car described by them, IMO. I'm feeling hopeful. Thanks.

"The general public doesn’t have any idea the scope of this investigation, the number of people involved. Not just here in Moscow.”

I think this will end up being much bigger than anything we may have envisioned.
This makes me think it could be connected to some type of illegal activity. Not shaming the victims or accusing them of anything but what else could this mean? Curious to know how some of you interpret this

<modsnip> This is not a criticism of LE whatsoever, not sure why people think it is...

I'm genuine wondering why gas stations on main artery roads/highways weren't first checked is all at beginning and might give a clue what LE were maybe thinking at first (perp was on foot maybe they thought) or if thinking non-relevant. I'm curious the train of thought at the beginning as things seems to have changed (maybe I'm wrong, thinking out loud and MOO)

The gas station is close to the house, only minutes about 15 mins away. Looks like 2-3 close by and other businesses. I'm hoping all businesses everywhere are checking their videos more now after the car release image.

View attachment 387835
There is another gas station, a Chevron, further east along White Avenue, (at 1418 E White Ave) straight to the east of the Mobil station. I wonder if it had any security cameras, that might have caught the white car heading west on White Ave at about 3:45 am.

I'm not clear if this report is stating that there were 2 sedans in the area, the 3rd party car dropping the girls off AND a possible killer or witness in another sedan. If the girls used an Uber, I would think that LE would have contacted every taxi-like company in the area to see who dropped the girls off. The companies keep records and LE would have interviewed the driver. If it was a friend, then I think the friend driver would have contacted LE already.
It's been reported their ride was a safe sister program affiliated with the university and LE have long declared them not involved in the crime.

"At 1:56 a.m., a neighbor’s surveillance camera showed Ms. Mogen and Ms. Goncalves returning to the house, Ms. Goncalves’s older sister said."

The white Elantra doesn’t go the fastest way for a reason. That’s the normal route in / out for delivery and Uber drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed