ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My impression--which could be wrong--is that it was information from the funeral home or his own observation since he paid for the funeral. MOO
I understood the Coroner took the bodies in and viewed them, then they were sent to the ME for autopsies?

Bringing over from end of last thread....about M & K calling J at 2:30 am. Many feel they would have absolutely called 911 if scared. Other thoughts:

Just 2 thoughts.....
#1-WE might always call 911...but who did the surviving roommates call FIRST? When you're that age and freaked out...chances are you're calling mom/dad....or if at 2:00 am....probably a friend first And MOO is that it's very possible M had already crashed out....so K made a few calls from M's number to see if she'd get a response

#2 - I'd" say there are 2 main categories of "911-dialers".....some people feel fairly comfortable doing it and have in several instances over their lifetime. Lots of people are NERVOUS about it (like: I don't want to bother them....it's probably just my imagination....some feel they may potentially make a situation worse by involving the police (ie. getting a friend or family member in trouble....and they want advice/guidance/reassurance on what to do. This DOES track with they way K's sister A described that K would often call just to ask....what should I eat today?

Side note: I'm a daughter of a 30yr police SGT in Chicago. I was home alone in my first house...and someone came to the door selling something (some product, whatever) and it was pitch dark outside. Was trying to be polite, like, Yeah, I'll check with my husband....guy says: Oh I can wait, why don't you go ask him.....No, he's asleep right now (didn't want to admit I was alone)....Then I get him to leave....and realize there's no car in my driveway or in front of the house.....WEIRD....how did he get here? Got a very creepy vibe and was SCARED as he walked across my lawn to....who knows where? But instead of 911 (cause I thought I'd sound like a silly 25 year old) - I called my dad. He was not too happy...."Hang up with me and call 911 - it's not silly, it's THEIR JOB!!" Never happened again, but I needed a push to do it.
A lot is being made of the vehicle in question.IMO the killer is going to be caught using DNA, forensics,evidence found at the home. I wondering really how important this vehicle is to the investigation overall.

Brian discussed the fact that within the last week police showed up at State Liquor store and got video. He is noting that is on the opposite side of town. And noting that the locations for videos may not all be related. Much is unknown.
Perhaps some footage (the liquor store in particular) is being used to confirm the identity of the driver/owner, as opposed to tracking the movements of the killer on the night of the crime. Maybe that’s why they seem unrelated?

I haven’t been commenting much here. Reason being is this is one of the most disturbing, horrific cases. It makes me sick an entire month has gone by without any justice in sight for these 4 beautiful kiddos. I’m heartbroken for their families. Praying for an arrest and conviction daily.

A lot is being made of the vehicle in question.IMO the killer is going to be caught using DNA, forensics,evidence found at the home. I wondering really how important this vehicle is to the investigation overall.
IMO it’s more of a confirmation of identity/alibi verification, rather than a starting point to find the perpetrators if that makes sense. I hope LE has a lot more to lean on than just a vehicle sighting.

If the killer has not been arrested for a felony his DNA won’t be in the police databank CODIS.
They have to physically find the killer and compare DNA from the crime scene.

If the killer has not been arrested for a felony his DNA won’t be in the police databank CODIS.
They have to physically find the killer and compare DNA from the crime scene.
I watched a forensic show recently and they were able to create a profile from using dna and going backwards. It was quite interesting. In the end, the sketch they created looked amazingly like the real person. Not sure what this is called , but seems they might be able to do this more now if they have isolated dna?

Last edited:
I haven’t been commenting much here. Reason being is this is one of the most disturbing, horrific cases. It makes me sick an entire month has gone by without any justice in sight for these 4 beautiful kiddos. I’m heartbroken for their families. Praying for an arrest and conviction daily.
IMO, I think LE and FBI are going above and beyond to find the killer even expediting processes to get the job done, but a lot is contingent on blood evidence and DNA. My guess is that the case is going to be solved shortly. A lot of people are upset about this.

I watched a forensic show recently and they were able to create a profile from using dna and going backwards. It was quite interesting. In the end, the sketch they created looked amazingly dmv loser I real person. Not sure what this is called , but seems they might be able to do this more now if they have isolated dna?
Yep- it’s called phenotyping. It does require an isolated sample and the data mining (comparing in genealogy databases, etc) can take months. But it’s been funded by the DoD so that’s helpful…

I understood the Coroner took the bodies in and viewed them, then they were sent to the ME for autopsies?
I'm talking about the families, not the official autopsy. The person I was responding to was wondering if they'd paid for an independent autopsy separate from the official one. But my impression is they didn't pay for a second autopsy. MOO

One thought that keeps echoing through this case for me, is that the killer knew this house and it’s occupants well enough to know, he wasn’t bringing a knife to a gun fight. MOO
Yeah I think the same.

How did he know there wasn't more men in the house?
Maddie has a bf but he was in Boise. Dylans bf was out of town. Kaylee's ex bf wasn't in the house.

I think the killer knew exactly who was in the house. He knew the dog was docile.

He knew a lot about it.
Was he known to them or just do lots of recon or was he just plain lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member