ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that it is unusual and probably a vague form of advertising:

- Our food is so good that there is a line- but its worth the wait. -or-
- The line has broken, better get here fast with your wallet before the line forms again.

But.... I suspect that its perfectly legal. The food truck is in a public space and there is no expectation of privacy for anyone.
I don‘t think it has to do with the food at all, popularity maybe, techy, Gen Z typical
Viewers carry on chats with each other and the guy at the register about happenings outside, and the menu etc
Viewers can pay for food, and can tip the register, and can ask the register to do things such as give their contact info to someone at the window

A poster here described happenings at other food trucks with similar feeds in other cities, Viewers online can pay for food for patrons
What are they tipping and paying for? It feels like buying drinks At a bar as a pickup starter

I don‘t think it is illegal, I do think it is a form of social media that like many other forms IMO appear to open up people to risk
How does it feel? Friendly small community on the benign end, and Voyeur creepy disgusting on the other end

JMO

15 hr
UPDATE: Moscow Police Chief James Fry talks about search for the white Hyundai Elantra. They’re looking at video before and after the murders. Yesterday, Capt. Lanier said they saw patterns in the video. I have a hunch of what that means https://youtu.be/rTBo-5zWQM8#IdahoFour…
@LawCrimeNetwork

15hr
My hunch: people are creatures of habits. Probably the same cars coming and going from the neighborhood at around the same time each day or on certain days. Wondering if white car was seen before homicides and not after? Just my thought

I still wonder if the white Elantra will turn out to even be involved. I recall the frantic search for the white van and white box truck in the Beltway sniper case. People had the same observations "seen speeding away from the area" and made the same rationalizations - "must be involved since they haven't turned themselves in."
That turned out to be a wild goose chase and a distraction. I hope this isn't the same.

JMHO

I still wonder if the white Elantra will turn out to even be involved. I recall the frantic search for the white van and white box truck in the Beltway sniper case. People had the same observations "seen speeding away from the area" and made the same rationalizations - "must be involved since they haven't turned themselves in."
That turned out to be a wild goose chase and a distraction. I hope this isn't the same.

JMHO
This, above all. ^

I cannot reconcile a man who uses a fixed blade knife with experience and drives a small white sedan. Maybe my Texas bias? ‘Real men‘ manly types here don’t drive anything resembling a Prius- fixed blade knife screams someone who wants to be seen or thought of as a real man, power, control, strength. Little white sedan?? Really?
Maybe he isn’t a manly man in daily life but ‘became one’ in his mind Nov 13?

JMO
RSBM. For what it's worth my best friend's son drives a small Hyundai. He's 23. The car used to be hers, she upgraded and bought a new one when he got his licence and so the Hyundai got given to him. He isn't fussed on cars so has no interest in buying himself something else.

Plenty of my son's friends drive a 'hand me down' car from a parent also. It's quite common. Some males just see cars as a means of getting from A to B. Others well, the car is an extension of themselves.

I think the odds are even that someone cleared already is moving back to being uncleared soon.
It really makes me wonder how anyone could speak with LE normally and act like it's just another day after committing such a horrific attack. That is not the trait of a normal, everyday person, most people would ruin their pants. If true of course. MOO

What follows below is conjecture based on approved sources and experience ALL MOO
Increasing odds are the car is not local. This isn't based on lack of an occupant contacting LE, who may have a valid reason to not wish to, but rather several other reasons; first it's easier to start local with registrations and video and then work outwards, lack of progress to date leads one to think the initial net came up empty. Secondly, a local vehicle would likely have already led to tipsters to contact LE. As a hypothetical example, let's say the vehicle was used as a mobile drug pickup, which certainly would give the owner a reason not to contact LE, chances are however someone would have the same local 'hookup'. Victim cell records would also likely rule out such scenarios.
There is a chance it is associated with someone at the 'Christ Church' or someone who left with it for UI Fall Recess (which imho is a significant event we haven't focused on) but it seems in LE would have investigated those possibilities.

From various previously linked sources and PRs we know LE has much more information than they have released. This includes important facts such as: likely sequence and locations of the attacks, any attack signatures, existence and status of door locks including those of downstairs roommates, mobile and other communication to and from victims, prior incidents victims may have been involved in, information/alibis related to the most obvious suspects, deliveries to the house, extensive victim backgrounds, and any physical or evidence or lack thereof to date.
So, any crime theories by those outside of LE are at an immense disadvantage.
We do however know that even with all the information LE has, they are asking from public, information related to the occupant/s of the white Elantra, and information related to the location of X and E throughout the evening.

I would say that it is unusual and probably a vague form of advertising:

- Our food is so good that there is a line- but its worth the wait. -or-
- The line has broken, better get here fast with your wallet before the line forms again.

But.... I suspect that its perfectly legal. The food truck is in a public space and there is no expectation of privacy for anyone.
About a decade ago, my office was around the corner from Shake Shack in Madison Square Park in NYC (before there were locations everywhere and it was crazy popular). You could watch their camera feed to see when the line wasn't too bad. But it was not a camera focused on people actually ordering, which I find intrusive.

I agree that there are many reasons an innocent person with a white Elantra may not come forward: not wanting to get involved, not trusting the police, not following the news and even knowing they are being sought, etc.

That being said, I think the strong wording the police use (the persons in the car having critical information) and the manpower they are dedicating to finding the occupants of the car mean that the police believe they were directly involved, not just possible witnesses. MOO
Replying to myself to add an additional thought

If it is true that the white Elantra contained the perp and not just a random witness, the fact that the police have not identified who was in the car indicates to me that it was not anyone in the known associates of any victims - surely the police would have started with friends, neighbors, coworkers, classmates etc. when trying to identify the car. Again, MOO

Two roommates were home at the time of the killings, police have said. The roommates heard something, according to Chapin’s mother, Stacy, though she did not get into details.
I had not heard that before. IMO this adds to the reason the 911 call has not been released and probably helps to pinpoint the actual time of the murders. May also explain why the roommates went quiet/invisible so quickly. Maybe they did see something helpful (eg car outside their first floor windows or someone leaving). It also makes me think there was no scream. To have a scream that loud that went uninvestigated or unreported is unconscionable-I hope that’s not wat happened.

If Killer is not a love interest, it could be a former attendee of those parties of 30 at the house where peeps knew the door code.

Student or non-student

Those parties, especially with kids, have ways of expanding and peeps are invited by people on the periphery. If you get someone in there with a criminal mind.

Just possibilities because I’m sure they were all over the love interest angle.

Did the rear slider have a door code? I don't recall seeing that. I thought it was on the front ground floor door only.

I don‘t think it has to do with the food at all, popularity maybe, techy, Gen Z typical
Viewers carry on chats with each other and the guy at the register about happenings outside, and the menu etc
Viewers can pay for food, and can tip the register, and can ask the register to do things such as give their contact info to someone at the window

A poster here described happenings at other food trucks with similar feeds in other cities, Viewers online can pay for food for patrons
What are they tipping and paying for? It feels like buying drinks At a bar as a pickup starter

I don‘t think it is illegal, I do think it is a form of social media that like many other forms IMO appear to open up people to risk
How does it feel? Friendly small community on the benign end, and Voyeur creepy disgusting on the other end

JMO
Twitch is all about live streaming to make money. It's huge with the gaming community. It would be a side hustle for the Grub truck to make money.

People love watching other people. The views streamers get just for unboxing a product or eating is insane lol.

Your post got me trying to figure out if there were any other reason the driver wouldn't come forward.
What if the driver of the Hyundai Elantra is a witness and deceased? Scenario and MOO: the driver came out to help a friend in trouble, not knowing what he had done, and the killer decided to leave no witnesses once he was away and safe. I am now wondering if there are any missing persons in Idaho that own or drive a Hyundai Elantra. There is a missing persons database but I'm not sure how to go about checking for cars linked to missing persons.

Also could be that car owner or driver is from out of town and has no idea car is being looked for. MOO

You are right. Teaching besutidul young girls street smarts can save their lives. Ironically these girls did travel in pairs, etc.
I would just amend this to ALL young girls, not just those who are considered beautiful.

Xana was attractive, IMO not as flashy looking as K and M, but she's still dead, whether she was a target or "collateral." And men have become obsessed with all manner of girls.

It's in the eye of the beholder and ALL young girls need to maximize their chances to stay safe.

Jmo

RSBM. For what it's worth my best friend's son drives a small Hyundai. He's 23. The car used to be hers, she upgraded and bought a new one when he got his licence and so the Hyundai got given to him. He isn't fussed on cars so has no interest in buying himself something else.

Plenty of my son's friends drive a 'hand me down' car from a parent also. It's quite common. Some males just see cars as a means of getting from A to B. Others well, the car is an extension of themselves.

Absolutely, I get that and IMO that is typical. My son also drives a used sedan but lives in the snow so it is AWD, his ego is not brittle, he works and goes to school, has a girl friend

The perp I’m guessing has an insecurity streak a mile wide, wants and feels deserving of things he can’t earn so will never have, compensates, lives a delusion
For this reason I’m thinking the whole package would be a statement- not just the knife, but clothing and car- a facade

Very interesting to think through
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members