ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thought I haven't heard theorized re: Murphy is that he could have been put into the 3rd floor bathroom by K, especially if he had any recent "accidents" in the bedroom. It would be easy to throw down a pee pad in the shower and enclose him there for the night. We know from LE that he was found in a room where the murders did not occur. To me, it makes a lot more sense for him to be in a small room like a bathroom or closet than in a bedroom. I do wonder if the perp fed Murphy something drugged to cause him to sleep for hours.
Do we even know for sure Murphy was found inside the house? A statement that appears in all the Moscow police press releases says: " On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence."

It seems odd to me that they didn't find the dog until that night and the way it is phrased to say "officers located a dog AT the residence" not found a dog IN the residence. Maybe he escaped through the open front door? Or maybe when Kaylee let him out the night before, he never came back? Could the perp have interacted with the dog when it was outside? Did K and M call Jack because the dog didn't come back? Maybe they were afraid to search because they saw something outside? It opens up a lot of questions if Murphy wasn't found in the house I think.

People love watching other people. The views streamers get just for unboxing a product or eating is insane lol.
I'm going to have to plead guilty here. I have spent hours watching unboxing videos for products I'm thinking about purchasing. I really have no idea why. The thought does occur to me that livestream videos like this one, aside from the uber creepy meal purchases, could be a valuable tool for LE in the future.

Absolutely, I get that and IMO that is typical. My son also drives a used sedan but lives in the snow so it is AWD, his ego is not brittle, he works and goes to school, has a girl friend

The perp I’m guessing has an insecurity streak a mile wide, wants and feels deserving of things he can’t earn so will never have, compensates, lives a delusion
For this reason I’m thinking the whole package would be a statement- not just the knife, but clothing and car- a facade

Very interesting to think through
JMO
I see what you mean. Perhaps though he can't afford the facade and that adds to the rage. To me that would fit a non-frat type or a non-college town person. JMO.

Also could be that car owner or driver is from out of town and has no idea car is being looked for. MOO
If I had such car, knowing I was not involved and knowing how many like vehicles are out there, I would not go to the police. Yes. I would be concerned, especially if I lived nearby, but I would not open a can of worms about me.

The perp I’m guessing has an insecurity streak a mile wide, wants and feels deserving of things he can’t earn so will never have, compensates, lives a delusion
I think that's very perceptive, and I'd like to expand on that. The vast majority of people I have known and thought of as narcissistic, displaying big egos, turn out to have very low self esteem. They are overcompensating, and I get the sense that you just nailed the personality of this perp.

15 hr
UPDATE: Moscow Police Chief James Fry talks about search for the white Hyundai Elantra. They’re looking at video before and after the murders. Yesterday, Capt. Lanier said they saw patterns in the video. I have a hunch of what that means https://youtu.be/rTBo-5zWQM8#IdahoFour…
@LawCrimeNetwork

15hr
My hunch: people are creatures of habits. Probably the same cars coming and going from the neighborhood at around the same time each day or on certain days. Wondering if white car was seen before homicides and not after? Just my thought
Agreed! IMO, LE has viewed videos prior to the murder. They have seen the Hyundai travel a pattern that puts it suspiciously close to the house. The public focus on finding the car was to test and see if the owner would come forward.
Since he/she has not, they now suspect the owner is either the perp or accessory to the murders.
I believe it's just a matter of time before someone talks or they find the owner - whichever comes first.
All My Opinion

Welp, just for the record I’m going to state that I’ve been following this case for a month, have dove into every piece of information available about the murders , the victims , etc. and….

I can confidently say that have zero theories about who did this or why.

Anyone else ?!?!
I hear what you're saying, but -- dunno, this is a pretty theory-rich environment. Facts are another matter.

We lack sufficient fact.

I would just amend this to ALL young girls, not just those who are considered beautiful.

Xana was attractive, IMO not as flashy looking as K and M, but she's still dead, whether she was a target or "collateral." And men have become obsessed with all manner of girls.

It's in the eye of the beholder and ALL young girls need to maximize their chances to stay safe.

Jmo
I would not amend it at all, but I think all young women are beautiful and are their own unique type, It takes some women a bit longer to figure out that authenticity is what does it, not silicon, face spackle compound, or Botox IMO

A 25 yr old woman down the road is stunning, works with aging animals and their 80+ yr old owners, coveralls, no makeup. I call her Doc, she is my vet

It is not the fault of victims when a male becomes obsessed, unhinged, and sees a child, teen, or woman as his object to posses, control and harm
Whose fault is it? I think society bears some of it, we are way to lenient on crimes that involve the exploitation of women and children! Some voices for help are ignored until they becomes silent because of murder. We must do better

JMO

Agreed! IMO, LE has viewed videos prior to the murder. They have seen the Hyundai travel a pattern that puts it suspiciously close to the house. The public focus on finding the car was to test and see if the owner would come forward.
Since he/she has not, they now suspect the owner is either the perp or accessory to the murders.
I believe it's just a matter of time before someone talks or they find the owner - whichever comes first.
All My Opinion
When I was trying to sleep last night, I was thinking about the white car and people seeing things they shouldn’t have so I’m wondering in my mind, well, what did they see, a bloodied person and are the occupants of car just too afraid to come forward?

Do we even know for sure Murphy was found inside the house? A statement that appears in all the Moscow police press releases says: " On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence."

It seems odd to me that they didn't find the dog until that night and the way it is phrased to say "officers located a dog AT the residence" not found a dog IN the residence. Maybe he escaped through the open front door? Or maybe when Kaylee let him out the night before, he never came back? Could the perp have interacted with the dog when it was outside? Did K and M call Jack because the dog didn't come back? Maybe they were afraid to search because they saw something outside? It opens up a lot of questions if Murphy wasn't found in the house I think.
That's a really good question and theory. If Murphy the dog was "missing" that could very well explain why so many calls to JD, Murphy's daddy, occurred right before 3am. The girls could have been very worried if he was missing, from going out to do his business before bedtime, and thought maybe he went to the other house?

Not everybody trusts cops, and that they will be true to their word.

Also, if it were me in the White Elantra, I would be real worried that somehow my personal information would be leaked to the media and I would be touted as a suspect by the internet. There are plenty of reasons why someone who owns a car like that and truly feels they have no useful information to give to the police would choose to stay silent.

That said, I do not believe police are turning up the heat on this specific car just to get a witness to come forward. I think this is about a suspect.
Considering that the person and or person that were in the white Hyundai elentra that was near the murder scene on November 13 hasn’t come forward in 10 or 11 days. Leads me to believe this person or persons were involved in the murders or saw the person or persons who were.

LE tried to release the bulletin in a less threatening way so to speak in order to generate leads and to get the person who drove that vehicle near the scene to come forward. However, when persons or person is guilty and or has something to hide no amount of friendly talk will get them to come forward. Which seems to be what is happening with this white Hyundai Elentra.

Regarding your statement not everyone trusts cops. Well people should take them at their word here and try to help them solve the murders of 4 innocent people and stop being so selfish like worrying about if they are going to jail for a drug transaction or underage drinking when all the cops truly care about in this circumstance is to get the killer and or killers of these 4 people brought to justice. JMO

Last edited:
All My Opinion
Or in looking at the videos before the murders LE sees no sign of this white Hyundai...so it's an anomaly that just happened that night. I hope LE is checking friends of friends, and even one more removed of friends, for that car.

Did the rear slider have a door code? I don't recall seeing that. I thought it was on the front ground floor door only.
You’re probably right about that.

We don’t even know if that slider was locked.

If we forget the codes, the Person still could know the layout and sleeping arrangement from early morning parties.

I just wanted to post this, to remind everyone of what we are here for. Sometimes we can get caught up in sleuthing that we forget the bigger picture. These were kids, so tragicly and senselessly murdered. 4 beautiful lives ripped out of this world. 4 families who will forever be changed. We are all here hoping to get justice for Ethan, Xana, Kaylee and Maddie.Picsart_22-12-17_16-03-01-232.pngSource

RSBM. For what it's worth my best friend's son drives a small Hyundai. He's 23. The car used to be hers, she upgraded and bought a new one when he got his licence and so the Hyundai got given to him. He isn't fussed on cars so has no interest in buying himself something else.

Plenty of my son's friends drive a 'hand me down' car from a parent also. It's quite common. Some males just see cars as a means of getting from A to B. Others well, the car is an extension of themselves
I have five working theories, two I’ve trashed, three flex depending on how they work with current evidence.

Student peer who lives local for school but family is in ID or WA or another state
- Known student with personal beef with a member of the group, revenge
- Student stalker type not well known to group, thrill/ sex kill

** Non student or late 20’s-30’s who lives within 25 miles, commutes to Moscow for work/play, stalking type obsession, thrill/sex kill voyeur, history with violence

- Serial killer organized who moves through city, has attacked before- Tossed Out
- Unknown random single attack of homeless drifter disorganized- Tossed Out

** Most plausible to me

I cannot reconcile a man who uses a fixed blade knife with experience and drives a small white sedan. Maybe my Texas bias? ‘Real men‘ manly types here don’t drive anything resembling a Prius- fixed blade knife screams someone who wants to be seen or thought of as a real man, power, control, strength. Little white sedan?? Really?
Maybe he isn’t a manly man in daily life but ‘became one’ in his mind Nov 13?

JMO
FYI: Ted Buddy drove a VW beetle. In most places a psycho is not considered a “manly man”. And, a psychopath lives an altered state of “real”, hence butchery bears no guilt. Keeping it private is very important. That’s part of the power/control kick.

I just wanted to post this, to remind everyone of what we are here for. Sometimes we can get caught up in sleuthing that we forget the bigger picture. These were kids, so tragicly and senselessly murdered. 4 beautiful lives ripped out of this world. 4 families who will forever be changed. We are all here hoping to get justice for Ethan, Xana, Kaylee and Maddie.View attachment 388223Source
I feel like I should know this already, but was this photo posted the day of the murders? If so that is doubly sad.

Maybe I misunderstanding here, but my thought is, the persons or person driving the car was doing so without the knowledge of the owner and is guilty- if they haven’t come forward. I guess this is all fodder.
My whole point was regardless if they were the owner of that white Hyundai Elentra or not is a moot point. If they were in the vehicle when it was caught on camera driving past the murder scene on the morning of November 13 than they should come forward and have been asked to do so.

The person and or person who were in the white Hyundai on the morning of November 13 near the murder scene has not come forward after 10 days which is very telling

Or in looking at the videos before the murders LE sees no sign of this white Hyundai...so it's an anomaly that just happened that night. I hope LE is checking friends of friends, and even one more removed of friends, for that car.
Good thought! And actually, I think I like your thesis better than mine. Simpler and more probable than what I was suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces