ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be 22,000 white 2011-2013 hyundai elantras in the united states. But logically, LE can rule out approximately 80 to 90% of those right off the bat. How many are registered within Moscow? How many in the county? How many within a 180 mile radius? How many reported stolen within a 300 mile radius? That’s pretty much it. Again, it’s an Idaho plate or it’s not. And LE probably knows whether it’s in or out of state.
I wonder what the criteria to rule them out is. What if the owner has kids, housemates, etc!?

Hypothetically, car belongs to middle aged sleeping parent. Her child takes the car drives around the area and parks on Walenta. After murders, perp flees via the back, strips off outer layer, gloves and places in garbage bag. Then hops in car and drives away. Perp finds place to dump clothes and clean up.Then goes home. Parent thinks her car has been there all night.

Do LE automatically rule out a middle aged woman? Do they check into her to see if she has children, housemate or lends her car out? If the latter, all that takes time.

What if someone took the car without permission!? Not stolen but took the keys from a sleeping or passed out friend. Given the time of the crime would someone notice their car gone!?

I just think its a very time consuming task. However, with LE stating they observe how 'patterns form' I have to wonder if they've already narrowed it down significantly.

Yes, LE said some had defensive wounds. Maybe two of the victims woke up as the person next to them was being stabbed and they had a chance to fight back.

Or one of them heard something going on above or below them and got up to look around.

Even if they were all asleep I would think it would be an automatic response to fight off an attack.

Hopefully one of them was able to scratch him. I'm not sure how likely it would have been for the perp to cut himself but I hope he left some DNA behind.
I'm not at all sure killer/s left DNA.
Or anything at all pertaining to their identity.
So many weeks later and no clue at all.
Vehicle may or not be a clue. I just have a real sinking feeling that keeps increasing downwards. I want an arrest and nothing less will do.

The families must be experiencing such an intensified sense of despair.

There is no clear motive, rhyme nor reason.
JMO but needs to break.

Tenant arrives home with boyfriend 1:45 AM, bed ?
Two tenants arrive home 2 AM, eat pasta
Tenants fooling around on the phone 7 calls until 2:52 AM
Tenants asleep 3:00 AM
White vehicle heading towards cul de sac mass murder location 2:45-3:15 AM
Murders 3-4 AM
White car heading same direction from East or murders 3:45 AM

I'm curious - what would trigger someone in the middle of the night, around 2:45 AM, to drive to someone's house to murder with a hunting knife ... and murder everyone in the way?
There was no *trigger*. The killings were planned ahead of time. I don't see the victims as *personal* targets per se....just vulnerable targets to satisfy the urge to kill. Did the killer know exactly how many ahead of time? Hard to say, but I don't see this as relevant in this case. It was a crime of opportunity. Well planned by a very capable killer.
The fact that case remains *cold* shows a killer who knows how to evade LE. MOO.

Betrayal, Passion, Anger, outrage.

To me, you make a good point for it being someone in her life, and been in that house at some point. Somebody that she interacted with or moved around
What's the trigger ... someone she met at work, saw at the bar, who felt he did not get deserved attention? This is so out there that it's hard to not think the killer is demented and making bizarre connections out of thin air between a hunting knife and a victim at 2 or 2:45 in the morning. This is targeted, planned, pre-meditated at 2:45 AM.

That’s one of the routes I had been contemplating to take Palouse River Dr into account as the southern boundary of the original grid. I made this one earlier tonight taking into account the video from Linda Lane of the vehicle on Taylor heading west and the video on White also heading west. (Still not convinced that the White Ave video is the car they are looking for, but the LE checks in Troy and Kendrick may indicate that LE is trying to see if the Elantra originally came from that direction and we might have a later timeline.)
Now that the White Ave car information has been released and “all the buzz” for a few days, and apparently no one has come forward to say, “yes that was just me running out for late munchies” etc… despite being initially doubtful, I’m more convinced the White Ave car may be involved. JMO

Thanks for the link. “2 people had defensive wounds” is something I can’t remember hearing prior.
The coroner has been clear & consistent since 11/19/22; I don’t know how SG would be privy to additional information from MPD.

“According to Moscow police, the coroner said all four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault, police said.”

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says

TRANSCRIPTION OF INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S DAD

17TH DECEMBER.

Reporter - Joining me now is the father of Kaylee Gonsalves, as well as their family's attorney. S. thanks so much for joining the programme, again. I made a promise to you that our audience would stay on this case and not let this case die. We had a cooling off period last week, out of respect for law enforcement to bring the temperature down a little bit. What new can you tell us, S.?. I know we got this new surveillance video that was released by our digital team today. What can you tell us?.

Dad - We've had that film for a while. I believe the business reached out to us directly and after they had given it to the police. So, it was kind of a comfort to us because it's just two girls having a good time, talking about, you know, asking about their bartender and just being girls on the way to the GRUB truck.

Reporter - Yeah, so you don't suspect that this guy A. that's stated in the video is somehow a suspect or anything like that?. You guys have known about this video for awhile?.

Dad - We have and we asked and we did the obvious due diligence when we looked into that and it was pretty clear that this individual was not a part of the investigation, as far as a suspect.

Reporter - S. what can you tell us about the investigation?. We heard about the car details being released as well. Is there anything that we can do to get some answers for you guys so we can get this suspect whoever it is in custody?.

Dad - They've kind of informed us, through communications, that they've checked all the easiest paths. So, like if this individual had this car registered to his name and it was just something very quick that they could just look up in the area and go right to his house, they've done all the due diligence, they've done all that. So, now they're reaching out and they're gonna look to the community to see if this individual borrowed this car. It doesn't appear that it's something that they have real easy access to. So, he may have ran and they really pushed the narrative saying, 'hey, if we can get these guys to focus on something that's really helpful', which is this car, and find out if somebody says, 'hey, you know that car that looks a lot like mine. I'm gonna come forward and just volunteer my information', and they can figure out if somebody else had borrowed it or if.. heck who knows.

Reporter - S. we talked about this off air but one of the reasons why I want to bring this up is because I think it's critical to this investigation. A lot of these young people were teenagers and there may have been some illicit activity that was minor that they would have gotten in trouble for it and, it may be preventing them from coming forward. What can you tell these young people to kind of motivate them to give up some answers, 'don't worry bout all the petty stuff four innocent lives were lost here'.

Dad - Yeah, I want kids to understand that this is such a big case that these guys have their hands full. I wanted to go out there and tell everyone we, as a family, support the local police officers. So much so that we want them to be able to work on this case. I know that this is way over the normal workload that they normally have, plus they have patrols. They have to patrol now, this guy's not caught. There were some rumours that I called these officers - coward, that was not for these officers, that was for a lawyer that was standing in between what the officers would like to release and what is actually being released. And, I called that individual and this was just about coming forward to say that the profile is a male. I feel like, at a month we can rule that that's not going to hurt the case. It's pretty clear. The coroner said this was a very strong individual, two people had defensive wounds, overpowered those people. So, I'm just trying to steer the conversation into a way. I have another son, I have another person who's going to school there and I don't want him walking around the streets if it's not safe. We know as a family what we're looking for. If they see an individual looking a certain way, I'm telling my kids to stay clear of that.

Reporter - This is your first Christmas without Kaylee. How you doing?. How's your family doing?.

Dad - To be honest, we're not really gonna have a Christmas because you just can't.. you can't get yourself there to where it would make sense. One of my children, the youngest one, is gonna go stay with some families cause they're gonna have the normal type Christmas. She deserves that but for us we can't do that, it's too close to our heart. How do you have a celebration like this when you've last two of your favourite people in the world.

Reporter - Brother, we continue to pray for you, our audience as well. Thank you so much for joining the programme.

Timeline thoughts since there seems to be not much new info released—seems like we are assuming all 4 were killed at the same time but have we considered that x and e could have been killed as early as between 12 and 1 (after she called her dad and before the other 2 roommates got home). I can’t find anything that is a definite statement about how LE knows e and x didn’t arrive home until 145-and I don’t really remember a discussion about this before (I am keeping up with the threads and may have just forgotten about this discussion though) Is this worth considering or is that 145 arrival time proven somehow? I’m thinking it’s speculation that’s been taken as gospel-but it would change the times LE needs to be focused on -by 1-2 hours earlier than what they have asked for- which is a big gap to be missing-if there is a possibility of an earlier time.

Timeline thoughts since there seems to be not much new info released—seems like we are assuming all 4 were killed at the same time but have we considered that x and e could have been killed as early as between 12 and 1 (after she called her dad and before the other 2 roommates got home). I can’t find anything that is a definite statement about how LE knows e and x didn’t arrive home until 145-and I don’t really remember a discussion about this before (I am keeping up with the threads and may have just forgotten about this discussion though) Is this worth considering or is that 145 arrival time proven somehow? I’m thinking it’s speculation that’s been taken as gospel-but it would change the times LE needs to be focused on -by 1-2 hours earlier than what they have asked for- which is a big gap to be missing-if there is a possibility of an earlier time.
The Elantra.

Elantra seen going towards house in 2:45 - 3:15 timeframe

There may be 22,000 white 2011-2013 hyundai elantras in the united states. But logically, LE can rule out approximately 80 to 90% of those right off the bat. How many are registered within Moscow? How many in the county? How many within a 180 mile radius? How many reported stolen within a 300 mile radius? That’s pretty much it. Again, it’s an Idaho plate or it’s not. And LE probably knows whether it’s in or out of state.
If LE had any knowledge of the license plate at all they could determine the state of registration. I'm confident LE would have shared that info when they asked for public assistance in locating the vehicle. There's no real reason not to, and good reasons for: it substantially limits the search field and the number of reported tips, freeing up resources for additional investigative work.

What's the trigger ... someone she met at work, saw at the bar, who felt he did not get deserved attention? This is so out there that it's hard to not think the killer is demented and making bizarre connections out of thin air between a hunting knife and a victim at 2 or 2:45 in the morning. This is targeted, planned, pre-meditated at 2:45 AM.
It’s tidy.

Everyone gets in bed and the Car pulls up.

Lights out about simultaneous with mid point of their Eltrana estimate

Maybe too tidy

Now that the White Ave car information has been released and “all the buzz” for a few days, and apparently no one has come forward to say, “yes that was just me running out for late munchies” etc… despite being initially doubtful, I’m more convinced the White Ave car may be involved. JMO
What good would it do for them to come forward publicly? LE has not expressed any interest in that car, and people on this forum have made convincing arguments that it wasn't an Elantra. If innocent, having their name associated with this case would create way more problems than it would solve, in my opinion.

I went searching for cameras and I found this page which links to various webcams in Moscow.
Are any of them relevant and how long do they store footage?
Pretty sure LE would have checked them out by now but..

And possibly the reports of Police looking further out in that direction (Troy) may indicate they think it’s a 2011-13 Elentra that was caught on Cam at the Exxon / Mobil

There was no *trigger*. The killings were planned ahead of time. I don't see the victims as *personal* targets per se....just vulnerable targets to satisfy the urge to kill. Did the killer know exactly how many ahead of time? Hard to say, but I don't see this as relevant in this case. It was a crime of opportunity. Well planned by a very capable killer.
The fact that case remains *cold* shows a killer who knows how to evade LE. MOO.
This case is not cold. It is hotter than hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader