ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that it’s been stated that the Pullman shooter and the Idaho murders appear to not be connected, but does anyone else think it’s strange that the shooter’s name hasn’t been released yet? I feel like names are usually released within 24 hours (I could be wrong).

What good would it do for them to come forward publicly? LE has not expressed any interest in that car, and people on this forum have made convincing arguments that it wasn't an Elantra. If innocent, having their name associated with this case would create way more problems than it would solve, in my opinion.
Maybe they expressed some interest:

“Investigators spent Tuesday morning pulling surveillance video from the Mobil station on White Avenue and Highway 8, taking a full shift's worth of video from the fateful night.

The overnight manager, who asked not to be named because the killer is still on the loose, said she could not see inside the vehicle from the footage, but told DailyMail.com: 'It could be the one that police are looking for.'

And based on the Moscow Police Department's reaction to the footage, she said, 'It definitely seems like it could be something.'”

The coroner has been clear & consistent since 11/19/22; I don’t know how SG would be privy to additional information from MPD.

“According to Moscow police, the coroner said all four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault, police said.”

Some of the murdered University of Idaho students were stabbed in their beds, coroner says
To me, "some had defense wounds" means at least 2 people had them but I've always thought just 2 people had them - X&E. For a minute I thought maybe K could have had them (as I think M was hit first) but I think SG would have mentioned it publicly by now if she had. JMO

TRANSCRIPTION OF INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S DAD

17TH DECEMBER.

Reporter - Joining me now is the father of Kaylee Gonsalves, as well as their family's attorney. S. thanks so much for joining the programme, again. I made a promise to you that our audience would stay on this case and not let this case die. We had a cooling off period last week, out of respect for law enforcement to bring the temperature down a little bit. What new can you tell us, S.?. I know we got this new surveillance video that was released by our digital team today. What can you tell us?.

Dad - We've had that film for a while. I believe the business reached out to us directly and after they had given it to the police. So, it was kind of a comfort to us because it's just two girls having a good time, talking about, you know, asking about their bartender and just being girls on the way to the GRUB truck.

Reporter - Yeah, so you don't suspect that this guy A. that's stated in the video is somehow a suspect or anything like that?. You guys have known about this video for awhile?.

Dad - We have and we asked and we did the obvious due diligence when we looked into that and it was pretty clear that this individual was not a part of the investigation, as far as a suspect.

Reporter - S. what can you tell us about the investigation?. We heard about the car details being released as well. Is there anything that we can do to get some answers for you guys so we can get this suspect whoever it is in custody?.

Dad - They've kind of informed us, through communications, that they've checked all the easiest paths. So, like if this individual had this car registered to his name and it was just something very quick that they could just look up in the area and go right to his house, they've done all the due diligence, they've done all that. So, now they're reaching out and they're gonna look to the community to see if this individual borrowed this car. It doesn't appear that it's something that they have real easy access to. So, he may have ran and they really pushed the narrative saying, 'hey, if we can get these guys to focus on something that's really helpful', which is this car, and find out if somebody says, 'hey, you know that car that looks a lot like mine. I'm gonna come forward and just volunteer my information', and they can figure out if somebody else had borrowed it or if.. heck who knows.

Reporter - S. we talked about this off air but one of the reasons why I want to bring this up is because I think it's critical to this investigation. A lot of these young people were teenagers and there may have been some illicit activity that was minor that they would have gotten in trouble for it and, it may be preventing them from coming forward. What can you tell these young people to kind of motivate them to give up some answers, 'don't worry bout all the petty stuff four innocent lives were lost here'.

Dad - Yeah, I want kids to understand that this is such a big case that these guys have their hands full. I wanted to go out there and tell everyone we, as a family, support the local police officers. So much so that we want them to be able to work on this case. I know that this is way over the normal workload that they normally have, plus they have patrols. They have to patrol now, this guy's not caught. There were some rumours that I called these officers - coward, that was not for these officers, that was for a lawyer that was standing in between what the officers would like to release and what is actually being released. And, I called that individual and this was just about coming forward to say that the profile is a male. I feel like, at a month we can rule that that's not going to hurt the case. It's pretty clear. The coroner said this was a very strong individual, two people had defensive wounds, overpowered those people. So, I'm just trying to steer the conversation into a way. I have another son, I have another person who's going to school there and I don't want him walking around the streets if it's not safe. We know as a family what we're looking for. If they see an individual looking a certain way, I'm telling my kids to stay clear of that.

Reporter - This is your first Christmas without Kaylee. How you doing?. How's your family doing?.

Dad - To be honest, we're not really gonna have a Christmas because you just can't.. you can't get yourself there to where it would make sense. One of my children, the youngest one, is gonna go stay with some families cause they're gonna have the normal type Christmas. She deserves that but for us we can't do that, it's too close to our heart. How do you have a celebration like this when you've last two of your favourite people in the world.

Reporter - Brother, we continue to pray for you, our audience as well. Thank you so much for joining the programme.
Thank you, again.

To me, "some had defense wounds" means at least 2 people had them but I've always thought just 2 people had them - X&E. For a minute I thought maybe K could have had them (as I think M was hit first) but I think SG would have mentioned it publicly by now if she had. JMO
I’m sticking with what MPD & the coroner have publicly stated: some had defensive wounds.

Moo

No suspects and we have FBI all in. To have evaded LE thus far in a case that has everyone and their brother on the hunt, speaks volumes. Let's hope they get caught....so far that all it is >>HOPE<< MOO

How do we know that LE has no suspects? They’re not going to say that they do, unless they believe that applying pressure is a good tactic.

I know that it’s been stated that the Pullman shooter and the Idaho murders appear to not be connected, but does anyone else think it’s strange that the shooter’s name hasn’t been released yet? I feel like names are usually released within 24 hours (I could be wrong).
I’m extremely concerned the Pullman deadly force victim’s name hasn’t been released. But not because I think he has any connection to the Moscow murders.

AFAIK, this is the first LE use of deadly force in Pullman in modern history.

I happened to watch a David Blaine magic special tonight and he does a trick where he stabs the cards with a knife. His hand slips down and cuts himself and said he no longer has feeling. The killer must have had a similar situation!

I’m extremely concerned the Pullman deadly force victim’s name hasn’t been released. But not because I think he has any connection to the Moscow murders.

AFAIK, this is the first LE use of deadly force in Pullman in modern history.
JC why are you concerned that the victim’s name hasn’t been released? I think it’s peculiar, but i wouldn’t say that im concerned about it.

Thanks for the link. “2 people had defensive wounds” is something I can’t remember hearing prior.
JMO

Makes sense. The 2 that had defensive wounds may have been the second victim attacked per room. Possibly waking up from hearing the person next to them being stabbed. That would mean 1 defensive wound victim in X&E room and 1 in K&M room.

It sounds like the lock on the slider patio door was either damaged, or easy to jimmy. Police said there are no signs of a break in, nor signs of sexual assault.

Police indicate that the slider could be the point of entry, but there was no break in. The other door/ lock on the house is the keypad door on the parking level; front of house. No signs of a break there, but how many people had the code?

Or, did someone enter through the second floor slider and look around to see who else was in the house on the second floor, maybe asleep on the sofa or in an adjoining room, before going to the third floor?

View attachment 388380

I am shocked at how easy it can be to open a glass sliding door that is locked all you need is a screwdriver or a pry bar and to watch a two minute long video on YouTube. If you have a glass sliding door that has been in your home for years, which has not been installed with upgraded locks more recently, I would suggest enquiring about upgrading the locks to try and make your glass sliding door more secure if you possibly can.

E92E9F61-0EB3-4823-A474-E26A1676E97C.jpeg
Another suggestion I saw online is that you can buy a security bar for sliding patio doors which can easily be put on and taken off in less than a minute when your doors are not in use. These are intended to prevent someone from being able to slide open your patio doors. The security bar in the photo is called the Brinks Commercial Adjustable Heavy-Duty Steel Door Security Bar and it can be purchased from stores like Walmart for $24 or Home Depot. Similar security bars are available from other manufacturers and retailers.
Robot or human? (Link provided to show source of image).

It has not been confirmed by law enforcement that the perpetrator of this horrific tragedy entered the property via the glass sliding doors. Even if the patio doors were used and they have more secure locks and these security bars they would have likely have found another way to get in. But I think if there are easy and affordable ways of making it more difficult for criminals to gain entry to your home then I think they are worthwhile considering.

Maybe they expressed some interest:

“Investigators spent Tuesday morning pulling surveillance video from the Mobil station on White Avenue and Highway 8, taking a full shift's worth of video from the fateful night.

The overnight manager, who asked not to be named because the killer is still on the loose, said she could not see inside the vehicle from the footage, but told DailyMail.com: 'It could be the one that police are looking for.'

And based on the Moscow Police Department's reaction to the footage, she said, 'It definitely seems like it could be something.'”

I think it could be something too, IMO. I'm curious as to why there is crime scene tape around all the gas pumps. Do they think it's possible, or has it been said, that the occupant(s) of the white car pumped gas there?

It sounds like the lock on the slider patio door was either damaged, or easy to jimmy. Police said there are no signs of a break in, nor signs of sexual assault.

Police indicate that the slider could be the point of entry, but there was no break in. The other door/ lock on the house is the keypad door on the parking level; front of house. No signs of a break there, but how many people had the code?

Or, did someone enter through the second floor slider and look around to see who else was in the house on the second floor, maybe asleep on the sofa or in an adjoining room, before going to the third floor?

View attachment 388380
I don’t get the feeling they were too security conscious.

Betrayal, Passion, Anger, outrage.

To me, you make a good point for it being someone in her life, and been in that house at some point. Somebody that she interacted with or moved around

Am I the only one who thinks that middle (2nd) floor would be a virtual maze in the dark? One external entry, three interior doors, two staircases, plus living room AND kitchen furniture, plus kitchen tools, etc.

I have trouble believing an intruder would even find X's bedroom after entering through the slider, UNLESS he had been on site before. (ETA OR the intruder was interrupted by E or X investigating a noise they heard. Perhaps that drew the attacker back to X's bedroom.)

Am I the only one who thinks that middle (2nd) floor would be a virtual maze in the dark? One external entry, three interior doors, two staircases, plus living room AND kitchen furniture, plus kitchen tools, etc.

I have trouble believing an intruder would even find X's bedroom after entering through the slider, UNLESS he had been on site before...
It's not just you--I have always felt that way after looking at the floor plans. I actually think X's bedroom would be harder to find than the upstairs ones if you're coming through the slider. It's tucked away in such a way that it would be quite easy to miss, IMO, and is more out of the way than running up the stairs. MOO

There was no *trigger*. The killings were planned ahead of time. I don't see the victims as *personal* targets per se....just vulnerable targets to satisfy the urge to kill. Did the killer know exactly how many ahead of time? Hard to say, but I don't see this as relevant in this case. It was a crime of opportunity. Well planned by a very capable killer.
The fact that case remains *cold* shows a killer who knows how to evade LE. MOO.

With respect and I'm sorry to quibble, but aren't "well-planned" and "crime of opportunity" opposite situations? Perhaps I don't understand the latter term.

There may be 22,000 white 2011-2013 hyundai elantras in the united states. But logically, LE can rule out approximately 80 to 90% of those right off the bat. How many are registered within Moscow? How many in the county? How many within a 180 mile radius? How many reported stolen within a 300 mile radius? That’s pretty much it. Again, it’s an Idaho plate or it’s not. And LE probably knows whether it’s in or out of state.
Are those 22,000 that LE are investigating in the U.S. or just the state of Idaho? I've seen both in posts on here but never a link to where it says.

Clean up is an assumption. Peter Porco wore a painter overall while he attacked his parents with multiple axe blows - while they slept. Gloves and protective suit make cleanup easy. This was targeted, planned, pre-meditated. The suspect probably kept the knife not only because it is a tool, but because it is a trophy with memories.

The suspect could have stepped outside, removed gloves and overalls, put them into a plastic bag, sticking the knife into the dirt while walking away, and been long gone before the other 2 tenants woke up. The car ... it looks like the only mistake by the murderer, and clue. CCTV
I agree Otto, the perp could've wore hazmat suit ala Douglas Garland or overalls or anything!

But I still think some paranoia or due diligence would kick in where he would want to inspect themselves and the car in decent lighting and go over with a fine tooth comb to not leave a trace of evidence. "Just to be sure" as one might be careless and heightened after killing 4 people.

And that good ol' CCTV... that was Garland's downfall too. I hope history repeats itself and perp is caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader