ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your response. After my post I actually called a friend who has a great deal of knowledge about the FBI.

They said almost verbatim what you responded with.

They did acknowledge that yes the jump in numbers of agents overnight was large… but if local LE requested more help or agents there requested more help to sort through evidence, tips.. etc.

It is not unusual and does not mean there could be a SK.

I would hope that's the case, but unfortunately, it looks like they're throwing in the *Kitchen Sink*...which would imply they're at a dead end at this point. MOO
At least half of the kids that they want to interview or get DNA from are probably out of state and not even going to return til mid January. If investigators don't have one or several prime suspects, and it is not ruled out that they simply may not be able to cast the wide net yet due to school schedule. Or they could be assembling evidence to confront some alibi issues.
We don't know. If the cops do have one or two prime suspects, but not yet enough clear evidence to charge or confront them, we would be seeing what we see now.
I dont think there a case of calling this a dead end yet.

And sadly a good amount of those tips will be junk. From what I saw, in the tips released in the Caylee Anthony case... people will send theories or feelings, and not facts, people will send in their dreams and psychic visions, and report any ex husband or boyfriend who owns a white sedan. That one good tip will be buried in that pile. IMO.
Which is why LE systematically burns the entire hay stack to reveal the one sliver of the proverbial needle. It’s takes hard work mixed with a little bit of favor from the universe to uncover such a predator. Yet, it can and has been done. And if by chance, the killer is reading this: THEY WILL FIND YOU. JMOO

My COO is 46 years old. He partied at that house. His son partied at that house up until last year. His son was good friends with the victims. I’ve seen him in some of the pictures posted on line. Sad, sad situation!
Very sad story. Do those close and around town suspect someone (without saying names here on WS) or is the vibe that everyone is in the dark? Couldn't imagine how it would feel having been in that house prior.

Thank you for your response. After my post I actually called a friend who has a great deal of knowledge about the FBI.

They said almost verbatim what you responded with.

They did acknowledge that yes the jump in numbers of agents overnight was large… but if local LE requested more help or agents there requested more help to sort through evidence, tips.. etc.

It is not unusual and does not mean there could be a SK.
Makes sense and as a poster calculated - tips went up by 250%! So more manpower would be needed. Thanks for finding out! :)

Rest assured, LE has targeted any and ALL KNOWN contacts the victims may have had. NO BRAINER. If the killer is someone *quite well known* by victims and friends, they're DEAD MEAT. MOO>>> NOT KNOWN<< This an outsider 100%. MOO
I will respectfully disagree. Probably half or more of the kids in their circle are out of state since a day or so after the murders, and not going to return till January. It is not suspicious to not return to town when a murderer who mass murdered your friends in their sleep is still at large.
And I personally would not give DNA in this case without guarantee that it would be destroyed and expunged given the huge number of jurist ions that keep shadow databases of DNA. There are good reasons why ACLU says even innocents people should usually not give DNA swabs.
And why does killer have to be either "quite well known" or totally unknown or "outsider?" Seems a false dichotomy of extremes. The biggest group would be causally known.

Makes sense and as a poster calculated - tips went up by 250%! So more manpower would be needed. Thanks for finding out! :)
It's also holiday season and peoples availability may be limited due to family obligations. Rather than allow progress to slow they may have decided to increase manpower to cover those shifts

Moo

Last edited:
Not concerning at all, IMO. With over 10,000 tips and video and tech analysis needed, more agents are brought on board to assist in the case.

[Moscow Chief of Police] Fry added that there are investigators who are trained to look at video evidence and tie certain aspects of video submissions together to help build their case.

Quote edited to add information in parentheses
This is great to hear, IMO! It's got to be very time consuming to look through all the video evidence they may have, and bringing on officers who are trained in that and can focus on it "to help build their case" while the main investigation team focus on all the other evidence seems like good case management.

Especially considering there are 4 victims and the 2 pairs (X & E, K & M) were in different places doing different things around town that weekend and evening and didn't come home together, so there must be a lot of video footage to go through from all over town before, during, and after the murders.

Respectfully disagree 100%. This would mean that In between the time that she told Adam whatever she told him that night , the ex somehow planned and carried out a quadruple homicide is a huge stretch. This is a discussion board and I think everything is possible. But I think this may be the least likely of all theories.
I think the theory of this being a planned attack is a pretty strong one. However, with so little being known about this case, there is the possibility of this being a rage, or an emotion based sudden attack. I am not sure how I feel about this being a thrill kill or serial killer type of crime. To me, these murders seem to personal. MOO

Does anyone know how long each roommate had been living in the house? Is it possible that the perp was targeting someone who no longer resided at the house and he was unaware? This may explain targeting resistance as opposed to resident.

I’m wondering if they’re realllly thinking that maybe it’s only a matter of time before he strikes again. Perhaps the increase in FBI agents is a result of BAU’s in-depth profiling and arrived conclusion.

Eta: I talked about this in the quoted post just posted below this one about “Be Vigilant”.

Eta2: Maybe they’re seeing they need a lot more help, that this investigation spans wider, that there is sooo much work to be done and followed up on that they need more help.
Agreed.

MOO-

It’s just so hard to tell if the addition of the added agents to the case is due to the giant influx of tips coming in, apparently 250% higher than weeks before.

Or if the addition could be due to added urgency to find the perpetrator due to new evidence discovered.

I am hopeful no matter the cause for the increase in agents, LE is hopefully onto something and will soon have what they need to make an arrest.

Instead of MPD not knowing where perp is, they could have a suspect and know he was then far away and put LE on him. Just not revealing anything including naming a POI until they have evidence sufficient to convict.
Just a possibility.
Another possibility is that MPD etc. have 2 POIs with evidence that each one may be the perp and can't actually yet figure out which... These people could be people who left the area around that time.

This leads me to a 3rd possibility: The 2 unofficial POIs did this together. The complexity of proving that could delay naming a suspect or suspects.

Just hypotheticals.

This is great to hear, IMO! It's got to be very time consuming to look through all the video evidence they may have, and bringing on officers who are trained in that and can focus on it "to help build their case" while the main investigation team focus on all the other evidence seems like good case management.

Especially considering there are 4 victims and the 2 pairs (X & E, K & M) were in different places doing different things around town that weekend and evening and didn't come home together, so there must be a lot of video footage to go through from all over town before, during, and after the murders.
And potentially a huge amount to the footage and images is going to be potential clues in background of smartphone videos, stills, selfies etc. not just static business and residential cameras

At least half of the kids that they want to interview or get DNA from are probably out of state and not even going to return til mid January. If investigators don't have one or several prime suspects, and it is not ruled out that they simply may not be able to cast the wide net yet due to school schedule. Or they could be assembling evidence to confront some alibi issues.
We don't know. If the cops do have one or two prime suspects, but not yet enough clear evidence to charge or confront them, we would be seeing what we see now.
I dont think there a case of calling this a dead end yet.

Former FBI Special Agent interviewed on Fox last night said that FBI field offices across the country and local Law enforcement across the country will conduct interviews with students who have left town for the winter break, if needed or requested by Moscow Police Department.

Link provided earlier by OP is -

I will respectfully disagree. Probably half or more of the kids in their circle are out of state since a day or so after the murders, and not going to return till January. It is not suspicious to not return to town when a murderer who mass murdered your friends in their sleep is still at large.
And I personally would not give DNA in this case without guarantee that it would be destroyed and expunged given the huge number of jurist ions that keep shadow databases of DNA. There are good reasons why ACLU says even innocents people should usually not give DNA swabs.
And why does killer have to be either "quite well known" or totally unknown or "outsider?" Seems a false dichotomy of extremes. The biggest group would be causally known.
64.5% of students are from Idaho. source: https://www.uidaho.edu/-/media/UIda...hash=544E6B014CB935A9FCDC4DB5E7F8485827C1799D

Kaylee's family reported that her remains were cremated, and they also reported the same for Maddie's remains. We don't know about Ethan and Xana.
It’s becoming very uncommon lately to see full casket burials especially for young people who do not own a plot with a cemetery. The families may have had one but it would be highly unlikely. MOO

I think the theory of this being a planned attack is a pretty strong one. However, with so little being known about this case, there is the possibility of this being a rage, or an emotion based sudden attack. I am not sure how I feel about this being a thrill kill or serial killer type of crime. To me, these murders seem to personal. MOO
Agree. This could be a seven-month-old beef or one hour of planning. It could be rage and emotion as motive but revenge served cold. I think there is even a chance hoodie guy was with them as some kind of unofficial chaperone. I wonder if something had been noticed and a boyfriend who could not be there had asked a friend to look after them , and as soon as the friend got ditched but became aware they got home safely he considered his task done.
And it certainly would not be the first time in an investigation that investigators said someone was not a suspect when they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member