ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumping in here, unsure if this is the link..
''MOSCOW, Idaho - Fox News has learned investigators traveled at least 24 miles to the east of Moscow, Idaho, to the nearby towns of Troy and Kendrick to acquire surveillance video in relation to the quadruple homicide of four University of Idaho students.

An employee at a gas station in Troy, Idaho, about twelve miles east of Moscow on Highway 8, tells Fox News investigators asked for video, but their property doesn’t have a camera facing outside.

A manager from the Food City store in Kendrick, about 24 miles east of Moscow, tells Fox News investigators asked for video from cameras on their property.''
View attachment 388769
View attachment 388770
Is that someone’s photo through a rear view mirror ? Looks like a face and a finger holding the mirror.

Moo-
I agree , it’s definitely a good thing to have as many FBI agents on the case as possible.. but an additional 20 is a lot.

MOO- is it possible they added this many more FBI to the case because they received information or discovered evidence that may link whoever is responsible of this crime to another crime? I just find it very odd they went from 42 agents to 62 agents over night due to the number of tips they need to go through.

MOO- Especially for an agency that usually works very little on adult homicide cases. (FBI

I haven’t worked out other reasons they’d add more FBI yet… I need to read more on general FBI homicide assistance protocols… but something is telling me… they didn’t assign 20 more agents overnight due to an increase in the number of tips coming in that need to be sorted through.

This was the first thing I found on when FBI assists local PD on homicide investigations… I found it interesting.

Moo-

I agree , it’s definitely a good thing to have as many FBI agents on the case as possible.. but an additional 20 is a lot.

MOO- is it possible they added this many more FBI to the case because they received information or discovered evidence that may link whoever is responsible of this crime to another crime? I just find it very odd they went from 42 agents to 62 agents over night due to the number of tips they need to go through.

MOO- Especially for an agency that usually works very little on adult homicide cases. (FBI does a lot of different work, majority of which is not murder investigations).

I haven’t worked out other reasons they’d add that many more FBI yet… I need to read more in general about FBI homicide assistance protocols… but something is telling me… they didn’t assign 20 more agents overnight due to an increase in the number of tips coming in that need to be sorted through.

That large a number of added investigators just screams urgency to me. Why such urgency if the perpetrator is not a great risk to the general public.

Again… I could be way wrong, again, MOO.

This an article I found when I looked up when FBI assists local PD on homicide investigations… I found it interesting.

Wow..that was extremely informative. Thank you for sharing.

60 FBI agents on this case now. Evidence shows this is a targeted attack has been the LE line since day number 2. I think they have a pretty good idea who did this but they don't want to foul up the arrest, trial, and conviction. I view the increase in FBI agents a result of needing people to watch video tape and go through 5000 Hyundai Elantra tips.
I don't see it that way. Please elaborate.

Forgive me for repeating this question, I had asked in the last thread if the victims’ funerals were open or closed casket, or varied, but didn’t see the answer. Sorry if I missed it. The reason why I’m wondering is based on the idea on if one victim may have possibly sustained defacement/disfigurement/facial injuries. Sorry, this is a terrible question I know, :( , but thinking about this as related to the psychology of the offender, and possibly motive/targeting, etc.
Most likely they were all cremated.

MOO

I'm not convinced that LE has a favorite POI yet. I think it's very possible that because there is so much traffic through that house that they are still in the process of clearing people from suspicion.

From LE perspective I think their goal would be to eliminate as many people as possible and then start investigating the ones they are unable to clear in a deep dive fashion. There could have been hundreds of people who have been in that house in the past few weeks and they have to trace all those people. IMO the reason this is taking longer than many would like may be that simple of an explanation
Like wrote in the comment you are responding to, they absolutely may have no idea. My point was on releasing info to media (and releasing to families is the same thing) that could harm investigation. There are reasons why release of of the info being asked for (alibies etc) could harm the investigation -- in either scenario -- one or two strong suspects, or no clear suspects.

Wow..that was extremely informative. Thank you for sharing.

From the above list, to me it appears that the only two reasons applicable to the FBI being involved would be as follows:
  • local or state police department requests that the FBI file for an Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution (UFAP) warrant to allow the Bureau to enter a local homicide case. The Bureau’s task is the apprehension of the interstate fugitive, not the investigation of the actual murder.

• The murders involve violent crimes against interstate travelers, such as serial killings.

Last edited:
I think we are for sure dealing with a psychopath. What we don't know is whether it is a narcissistic psychopath or an antisocial psychopath. The former is likely the result of parental overvaluation and the later likely the result of a harsh upbringing. Whichever the case I believe we need to seek the death penalty.

Narcissists are not the result of overvaluation of parents. Just the opposite, actually. Antisocial personality can be the result of harsh parenting, but it's often nature rather than nurture, in my experience. Both narcissist and antisocial are personality disorders. A narcissist isn't a type of psychopath, though you could say a psychopath is also narcissistic. In this killers case, I could see that argument being made.

I've been watching a lot of videos about the case and reading tons of threads. This was not only a well-known house when they were living there, but it has been for years! There's people that have claimed that they lived there when attending University of Idaho and it was always a party house. I believe that this is someone that was familiar with the victims, but you can't rule out this person may have been to the house before they even lived there. At the moment, I really believe that the house has to be examined the most, which I have no doubt LE are doing!

Also, if you go through Instagram you can see just how many students are at this house on a weekly basis. It would seem almost every University of Idaho student has been at this house. There's so many pictures of people at the house.
My COO is 46 years old. He partied at that house. His son partied at that house up until last year. His son was good friends with the victims. I’ve seen him in some of the pictures posted on line. Sad, sad situation!

Today LE announced they have over 10,000 phone tips. Pre white Hyundai Elantra it was under 3,000 phone tips. So tips increased by over 250 percent since they said Hyundai Elantra. I assume they are getting flooded with white car tips right now.
To me , at a minimum, this slows down the investigation. I’m sure they have their reasons for not releasing anything more specific on the car…but I just can’t help but feel all of these tips are bogging down the tip line. Moo
Just a thought but I wonder if the images LE has of the Hyundai also show the person who is driving the Hyundai and they don’t want that image getting out to the public? The picture could be blurry and LE doesn’t know who the driver is - or maybe they have an idea of who the driver is but need more evidence which is why they’re asking the public

MOO
…possible ! Or , it shows victims possibly interacting with Hyundai/driver in some sort of way. My way out there theory is that it’s possible x and e were passengers of this car at some point. Unlikely , but I have a weird feeling about the car + lack of definite timeline for x and e. MOO - and probably not even a good one at that.

Is that someone’s photo through a rear view mirror ? Looks like a face and a finger holding the mirror.
No that is someone using their smartphone to record a video being played on a computer display. That means the good news is the original is likely much much better, since what we and the media have seen is one of the worst ways to copy a video

Forgive me for repeating this question, I had asked in the last thread if the victims’ funerals were open or closed casket, or varied, but didn’t see the answer. Sorry if I missed it. The reason why I’m wondering is based on the idea on if one victim may have possibly sustained defacement/disfigurement/facial injuries. Sorry, this is a terrible question I know, :( , but thinking about this as related to the psychology of the offender, and possibly motive/targeting, etc.
These two were cremated for sure.
''After the funeral, the best friends' ashes rest next to each other, as reported by New York Post.

Recently Brian Ethin of News Nation unveiled emotional news that melted the hearts of the people. Brain said, "I'll tell you, though. Actually, it was so sad I was in their home, and they had Kaylee's ashes there, and they also had her best friend Maddie's ashes there, and they had the ashes next to each other because these were best friends forever, and it was just it was so heartbreaking to see that it's just unbelievable with these families are going through."

My thoughts haven’t changed from the killer being someone known quite well by the victims and their friends circle. The killer has been invited in their house many times, and is probably acting as though he/she is grieving with everyone else. They are like a chameleon walking amongst everyone going on with daily life, I don’t think he/she is in hiding and I think they are close by. Their friends know this person well too and someone they could never believe to commit murder, especially 4 times. This person for some reason hated the 4 victims, I’m guessing he’s male and not successful with women. I’m interested in their toxicology results as I think this person could have already been in the house with the 4 and gave them something they thought would give them a bit of a high. Instead they started feeling sleepy, went to bed. The girls rang the ex boyfriend till they couldn’t stay awake any more. Now the killer had 4 victims in deep sleep to make the killing a lot easier. This is my theory and I think everyone will be shocked at who the killer is if and when caught, arrested.

Moo-

MOO- Especially for an agency that usually works very little on adult homicide cases. (FBI

I haven’t worked out other reasons they’d add more FBI yet… I need to read more on general FBI homicide assistance protocols… but something is telling me… they didn’t assign 20 more agents overnight due to an increase in the number of tips coming in that need to be sorted through.

This was the first thing I found on when FBI assists local PD on homicide investigations… I found it interesting.

Moo-

MOO- Especially for an agency that usually works very little on adult homicide cases. (FBI does a lot of different work, majority of which is not murder investigations).

I haven’t worked out other reasons they’d add that many more FBI yet… I need to read more in general about FBI homicide assistance protocols… but something is telling me… they didn’t assign 20 more agents overnight due to an increase in the number of tips coming in that need to be sorted through.

That large a number of added investigators just screams urgency to me. Why such urgency if the perpetrator is not a great risk to the general public.

Again… I could be way wrong, again, MOO.

This an article I found when I looked up when FBI assists local PD on homicide investigations… I found it interesting.

I would hope that's the case, but unfortunately, it looks like they're throwing in the *Kitchen Sink*...which would imply they're at a dead end at this point. MOO

A gas station worker or manager recorded with their smart phone the video playback off of a computer or tv monitor. It’s not a 100% that this is the car LE is looking for. LE released the info about the white Hyundai Elantra and then this video footage was share by a private party, not actual LE.

The Staties and Feds are present in a “supporting role” until the local LE office decides any different. Until then, Moscow PD is the primary investigative team and all the other
Agencies are there in a fully supportive and secondary role.

My thoughts haven’t changed from the killer being someone known quite well by the victims and their friends circle. The killer has been invited in their house many times, and is probably acting as though he/she is grieving with everyone else. They are like a chameleon walking amongst everyone going on with daily life, I don’t think he/she is in hiding and I think they are close by. Their friends know this person well too and someone they could never believe to commit murder, especially 4 times. This person for some reason hated the 4 victims, I’m guessing he’s male and not successful with women. I’m interested in their toxicology results as I think this person could have already been in the house with the 4 and gave them something they thought would give them a bit of a high. Instead they started feeling sleepy, went to bed. The girls rang the ex boyfriend till they couldn’t stay awake any more. Now the killer had 4 victims in deep sleep to make the killing a lot easier. This is my theory and I think everyone will be shocked at who the killer is if and when caught, arrested.
Seems like a lot of that is conjecture. They likely were just drunk from normal Saturday night college drinking. They could have called the ex/ish boyfriend because they normally called people even late at night, some college age kids do that regularly, , or because their spidey sense was rightfully worried y something someone said to them, or did, or noises outside related to killer.
As far as "unsuccessful with women" the killer may have been the type very successful with women, there is no evidence we have seen to point either way.

Rest assured, LE has targeted any and ALL KNOWN contacts the victims may have had. NO BRAINER. If the killer is someone *quite well known* by victims and friends, they're DEAD MEAT. MOO>>> NOT KNOWN<< This an outsider 100%. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1