ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has already confirmed these cases are not related.
But have they?
This is from the article linked in my quote:

"Unequivocally, even without asking anybody, our detectives will be aware of that," he said. "They will look into the possibility that they're linked…anything that would be a remote possibility as a connection will be something that we consider." He said investigators had "not ruled out any idea or concept" but that it was too early to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so using one of the places below. Please put "FOR THE MODS" in the description. Thank you.
PayPal
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

DID YOU KNOW BY THE END OF THE DAY OUR MODS WILL HAVE HANDLED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF ALERTS? YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT IS HOW GOOD THE MODS ARE AT THEIR JOBS.

One of the many things I love about Websleuths is we can come on here, discuss true crime, and not have to deal with all the stupid drama and baloney we have to deal with on other platforms. Do you know why? It is the hard work of our wonderful volunteer moderators.

Because of these incredible moderators, you don't see the following, the trolls that constantly try and disrupt. You don't see the newbies who don't know the rules and post a bunch of unproven rumors in cases, You don't see the mean people insulting your posts, you don't see the stupid threats angry people post, and guess what? I could go on and on. In other words, the mods make your experience the best you can find when it comes to discussing true crime.

If you could donate even one dollar that would be great. If half the people that come to Websleuths today donated one dollar we would be able to give the mods a wonderful bonus for all their hard work.

One hundred percent of the money raised goes to the moderators.

If you cannot donate we completely understand. If you could please post a word of thanks to our mods on THIS THREAD that would be wonderful.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using one of the places below and be sure and put in the description "FOR THE MODS"
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
OR you can use
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. It costs nothing to join and it never will.
If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.
Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't DNA take 6-8 weeks or so before results are in? Maybe waiting patiently, some of this puzzle will be solved with DNA, im positive there was lots left at the scene. Let's have a breakthrough.
DNA results can be had in as little as 90 minutes. But the DNA in this crime scene is going to be all mixed together, it will have to be separated and sorted out. Add to that the likelihood that vast amounts of foreign DNA would be present in a college "party house" and this could take a long, long time.

But have they?
This is from the article linked in my quote:

"Unequivocally, even without asking anybody, our detectives will be aware of that," he said. "They will look into the possibility that they're linked…anything that would be a remote possibility as a connection will be something that we consider." He said investigators had "not ruled out any idea or concept" but that it was too early to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.
Yes, they have. See page 5, Rumour Control where they address both other cases.

Interesting- it is wrecked, back license plate is missing
Coincidence likely, it takes 5min to look up registration from VIN- silly
Not sure if it is same year range, definitely a white Hyundai Elantra
500 miles southwest from Moscow

But… Anyone watching MSM about this case who was involved would know over the weekend PD has been looking for a white Elantra southeast of Moscow toward Troy/ Kendrick area
Not impossible to change direction and drive 9 hours southwest to Eugene, OR

What a stroke of luck if then had an accident, driving at night ran into a pole?

Seems unlikely to be related
JMO
It is interesting to me as it is missing license plates and apparently the driver. Otherwise, there would not be much to question about this vehicle. Did the driver flee upon wrecking the vehicle?

DNA results can be had in as little as 90 minutes. But the DNA in this crime scene is going to be all mixed together, it will have to be separated and sorted out. Add to that the likelihood that vast amounts of foreign DNA would be present in a college "party house" and this could take a long, long time.
Yes agree various abundant DNA in college party house, one would hope and think forensics would fast-track any foreign reminisce on the 4 victims hands/under fingernails showing any kind of defense wounds. By all msm accounts, there was a battle on the middle level of the house.

Her pronunciation of "adam" is a little different, but not really unusual to me. She sort of stresses the word "adam" but that could be because she is speaking up to be heard, and maybe emphasising Adam as opposed to what Maddie told someone else. Plus, she had been drinking, so...
I thought similar, but then thought maybe the were more intoxicated than I realized, at the beginning M takes a few weird steps like almost a stumble. And it seems like K turns towards the camera when she asks M, so a bit louder than M responding to her.

Anyone else notice on the Eugene Elantra that the passenger side window is punched out right above the door lock?

That looks very much like someone broke into the car. If it was broken into, whether it was before the car was left or after is the question.

"Based on what they know from the other two cases, it doesn't seem that they are the same," he said.

This may be nothing more than their repeated certainty that the Moscow attacks were targeted, or even a much different knife was used. I see a pattern there, they don't. What do they call it when you stare at clouds until you see patterns and figures? Apophenia? Pareidolia?

Like I said, call me crazy!

White Hyundai Elantra Eugene, Oregon December 20, 2022

From the photo I saw it looks like it is pulled over on the outside lane of Seneca Rd
Online the business across the fence is Convoy Supplies at Seneca Rd and 7th St
Front of car is facing South

Looking at a map the location is a bit interesting, it is an exit off of hwy 99 south
hwy 99 runs between Portland and Eugene, but is not the major interstate 5

Drive time is 9 hours Troy, ID to Eugene, OR by way of Portland

Independent article states the car reported 5.19AM and someone was sleeping in the car

Law&Crime with video with pics of the car showing heavy damage to front end

No front or rear license plate

Another poster noticed black/ chrome word RAINBOW sticker on rt side of trunk area
Another posted noticed a hand print on inside of rear passenger side window

Location of crash is not obvious near photos, it looks like it was driven after the accident
Noticed passenger side window has busted hole- passenger and wreck or break and enter?

Interesting!
Edited for clarity
JMO
If the Independent piece is right that someone was sleeping in the car, where did that person go?
Do they know who the person is? The person could have been a transient who got into car after it crashed -- that would be consistent with the passenger side window being punched out.

Or it's possible that the person sleeping in the car was the driver. They could've gotten drunk, crashed the car, drove a bit more, and then fallen asleep in the car. Or a medical episode or a crash itself could've impaired them and led to the same pattern. But I thought there were reports that the car had been there for several days...

But where did the person go? Who were they? Did they wake up and walk away?

JMO

Scroll down and read what Aaron Snell says. I'm on my phone and it is difficult for me to copy and paste.

A quote from that article “He said investigators had "not ruled out any idea or concept" but that it was too early to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1