ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect associating stabbings that LE has ruled out as being related might be Apophenia (clustering illusion): Apophenia
IMHO if someone looked at all stabbings by date/time and geographic region and noticed standard deviation differences that couldn't be explained otherwise it would be a more valid approach. Unfortunately, crime, including homicides via stabbing are all too common an occurrence in the US and finding patterns becomes easier than it should be.

Has there been any further clarification on X&E's time between arriving at the Sigma Chi party and returning to their house? The Jack in the Box bag with X's name on it (seen in MSM photos taken through the kitchen window, posted previously) has me wondering when that order was delivered or picked up, presumably at the Pullman Washington JITB location, the only one nearby.

The order was either phoned in for pickup, phoned in for delivery, or ordered in person (presumably by X, since her name is on the bag.

Here is the JITB location:
Jack in the Box, 310 Ne Stadium Way, Pullman, Washington

It's a 20-25 minute drive (11 miles) from the JITB back to 1122 King (Moscow residence)

It's 3 minutes / 0.5 mi. from the JITB to the WSU/Pullman chapter of Sigma Chi (E's fraternity, different chapter house / 730 NE California St, Pullman, WA 99163)

From either the Pullman JITB or WSU Sigma Chi house, there is a direct route back to King Rd (or the Moscow Sigma Chi house) along route 270 / Pullman-Moscow Highway and a similar distance but far more rural route along Old Moscow Road. The latter passes through the above-mentioned Arboretum rather than the more heavily-trafficked WA-270 / ID-8.

If a college student is driving after attending a party, would they be likely to take back roads to avoid potential LE checkpoints/patrols along higher traffic corridors? (Not accusing anyone of DWI, just thinking about why one route might be preferred). This could equally apply to Uber or food delivery services. Also, are certain things readily available in Pullman that are not in Moscow? Legalized pot or other items? Don't know alcohol laws for WA/ID, perhaps Pullman has better liquor stores?

Where I'm sort of going with this is, could X&E have been targeted? Either for deliberate or reasons unknown, perhaps in Pullman, then followed back to 1122 King? There are routes out of the area of 1122 King going south and west that avoid likely traffic cameras going east or north, particularly into the town of Moscow.

We've unfortunately seen events in modern society where violence erupts from road rage or some seemingly minor incident of being "disrespected".

Saturday, Nov 12th was a football day in Pullman (Win, Football vs Arizona State on 11/12/2022 - Box Score - Washington State University Athletics) and in Moscow (Loss, UC Davis Aggies vs Idaho Vandals - November 12, 2022 | FOX Sports) These events generate a lot of partying, and typically concomitant police presence.

How might this fit in with the events of later that night? Would LE presence be drawn away from residential areas? Would (open) parties have occurred at 1122 King either Saturday during the game or the previous nights? Would the presence of any Washington-legal but Idaho-illegal items impacted calls for police assistance? Could an intox 'fan' unhappy over their team's performance felt 'disrespected' or picked a confrontation (or targeted) any of the decedents? It pains me to even contemplate some seemingly trivial insult as a reason for murder, but such are the times we live in.

Addenda: there is also an even more remote path out of the police defined area of video requests. That is Sand Road, which heads south-southeast into the boonies. Unless the Flying B RV park had surveillance cameras, there's pretty much nothing in that direction. Which might be just what an escaping criminal might seek.

Apologies for the long post. Hope for a breakthrough soon.
I tend to agree, Sand Road was always a possible way out of the area. Looking at Googla Maps, It has the fewest points along the way if any that could capture a car driving by that time of the morning. Why take the chance of being caught on CCTV in and around town when they could simply vanish into the wilderness. Add in the approx. 8 hr lead they had it's easy to see how with some planning, extra fuel and food they could go west and north up through Washington directly into Canada. Long gone before anyone anywhere even knew about looking for a white Elantra. The question still remains....why?

I was more thinking along the lines of a random sports fan who was drunk, angry that his team lost, perhaps lost money on a bet, etc. and somehow interacted with one of the victims (bumped into, some inappropriate remark, touching etc. Wasn't there some hinting that there was a group at the bar K&M we're at who were getting out of hand?
I think such a scenario is plausible- especially if there were some "ands" involved for the perpetrator:

Drunk, angry, lost money and sure enough, the rival fans are not only from the other school, but are also attractive and socially confident women- the sort of female that rejects the perpetrator. Thus further dormant hostility is awakened.

Even with the scenario being plausible, I think there would also need to be some "ands" on the part of the victims to make it likely.

Lots of opposing fans in town and attractive females of the sort that some males just dont like- period, and decked out in school colors and were seen loudly singing the school fight song 'round a raucous table at the club.

The totality then gets noticed by the perpetrator who is now angry for several reasons.

Interesting- it is wrecked, back license plate is missing
Coincidence likely, it takes 5min to look up registration from VIN- silly
Not sure if it is same year range, definitely a white Hyundai Elantra
500 miles southwest from Moscow

But… Anyone watching MSM about this case who was involved would know over the weekend PD has been looking for a white Elantra southeast of Moscow toward Troy/ Kendrick area
Not impossible to change direction and drive 9 hours southwest to Eugene, OR

What a stroke of luck if then had an accident, driving at night ran into a pole?

Seems unlikely to be related
JMO
IMO I disagree, I think this is the car they've been looking for. Hundai Elantra, with no plates and abandoned after significant front end damage. To me that says it all.

Eugene is another college town, like Moscow. I don't know if that means anything but thought I'd put that out there.

I think such a scenario is plausible- especially if there were some "ands" involved for the perpetrator:

Drunk, angry, lost money and sure enough, the rival fans are not only from the other school, but are also attractive and socially confident women- the sort of female that rejects the perpetrator. Thus further dormant hostility is awakened.

Even with the scenario being plausible, I think there would also need to be some "ands" on the part of the victims to make it likely.

Lots of opposing fans in town and attractive females of the sort that some males just dont like- period, and decked out in school colors and were seen loudly singing the school fight song 'round a raucous table at the club.

The totality then gets noticed by the perpetrator who is now angry for several reasons.
Unlikely to be an irate fan who's team won 44-26 that weekend:

My first thought was, someone was drunk driving, crashed into a pole and walked away to avoid responsibility. My second thought is, I hope the driver of that car is safe.
So they were drunk, got out, and removed the license plate and walked away? I don't think I've ever heard of someone removing a license plate after crashing a car.

If you are not found in your car, it's hard to convict on DUI. Someone I know drove drunk, crashed the car into somone's property, got out and went into their backyard and the police came. Police asked who was driving and he said it wasn't him, he was too drunk to remember who he let borrow his car. He wasn't in the car when they came so they had no proof he was driving. Case was dismissed.

Anyone else notice on the Eugene Elantra that the passenger side window is punched out right above the door lock?

That looks very much like someone broke into the car. If it was broken into, whether it was before the car was left or after is the question.
That looks like a reflection to me rather than a punched out window. JMO

Attachments

• FkcQvX1WIAsaivX.png
    FkcQvX1WIAsaivX.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 101
This has pretty much been my stance since this atrocity occurred. One cunning killer. Lots of premeditation and planning. Lots of what-ifs in all of that too. Expect the unexpected kind of training. Self-trained. Lone Wolf type. Stone cold killer. JMOHO
Yes, I agree. One more trait (strangely) - likes dogs. (MOO) - two different horrific slayings with knife - and an unharmed dog in the home.

IMO I disagree, I think this is the car they've been looking for. Hundai Elantra, with no plates and abandoned after significant front end damage. To me that says it all.

Eugene is another college town, like Moscow. I don't know if that means anything but thought I'd put that out there.
It tells me the driver likely stole the car, crashed it in the ice, took the fake plate he was using with him. Related to Moscow, I don't think so. I don't think the killer(s) would have used a stolen car and still be using stolen car 1 month later.

Exactly. And there was someone IN The car when police arrived. Maybe something is about to break. We can only hope!

I don’t think this killer has done the perfect crime. I think the killer got lucky, for now. The killer is nothing special and is probably sitting in his room reading all the comments from people saying how this was done by a professional, how this was done perfectly with no trace of evidence and feeling kinda special. They are all wrong because the police will have plenty of evidence and will eventually arrest you. The police will Find you and hopefully sooner rather than later. The killer is a Whimp who could only kill the victims in their sleep. Look forward to see the blubbering mess you are when cuffed and you cry for your mummy. This killer is an embarrassment, pathetic, creep and probably Couldn’t even get a girlfriend. The killer is Always getting turned down by women. His rage grew over the years he ended up having one huge tantrum killing 4 people. Just writing my thoughts down.
Agreed! It'll be interesting when killer is caught. And will probably get separated in prison from other inmates possibly because such a high profile case. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member