ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken, I think Ethan was a freshman, meaning this guy would have only known him less than 3 months (assuming school and rush start in late August/early September), whereas Xana was a junior, meaning he could have known her for a little over two years. Most of the time a fraternity or sorority president is at least a junior in college, so my guess is he probably didn't really know Ethan all that well + was a bit blindsided by being approached by a reporter while trying to go to class. Bearing these things in mind, I don't really find anything to be odd about the interview or what he said. JMO
Chronilogically a Junior, just not enough credits on paper his Freshmen year.

kid was just murdered and all u can muster is he was always here. Shows they weren't friends even tho hes good friends w X. Weird interview

If I'm not mistaken, I think Ethan was a freshman, meaning this guy would have only known him less than 3 months (assuming school and rush start in late August/early September), whereas Xana was a junior, meaning he could have known her for a little over two years. Most of the time a fraternity or sorority president is at least a junior in college, so my guess is he probably didn't really know Ethan all that well + was a bit blindsided by being approached by a reporter while trying to go to class. Bearing these things in mind, I don't really find anything to be odd about the interview or what he said. JMO

I don’t think there was anything off in this interview, at all.

Ethan was actually in his second year, according to MSM early in this case, but had only amassed enough credits to be a freshman.

They may have known him longer than three months, then, but IMO this is still an acceptable response from the frat guy.

These are kids who are moving from immaturity towards adult life. It is shocking for kids to have their friends become murder victims, particularly right in their vicinity. Each one may be having his own trouble processing this.

This kid, IMO, answered correctly that he discussed whatever he knew with three LE agencies. He did not want to share it with a reporter.

I don’t know if he was truly in a hurry to get to class, but he certainly didn’t want to discuss it, which is his right.

Our clearance rate in solving cases has been going down, but our reliance on cell data, cameras, digital footprints, and all other manner of invasions of privacy have gone up. Maybe its time for more old fashioned police work again?
Like what, for instance? Not using cell data, cameras, digital footprints, and all the other facets/tools of the investigation we've learned of or assumed the use of. What old fashioned police work have they omitted?

Yes I'm aware of that, previous Entin interviews there were two security guard cars in the driveway next to the house. They were not in this last interview we're discussing. Did you see security in that interview of topic?

edited for clarity
In Entin’s twitter post today about two men entering the house? Yes, I see a security guard car right in front of the house; the two men interact with the security guard. And AFAIK there are only two cars there during shift changes.

I have a different interpretation of this recording than what I’ve seen on here. I hear a jovial, goofy friend asking what Maddie said to Adam. It takes me back to being a young adult and I instantly took it as maybe she had a crush on Adam and she told him. I hear goof ball fun conversation, not annoyed or concerned. That’s just me!
I definitely think they sound like they’ve been drinking but the tone of voice as to when K asked M what did she say was more of a this is important kind of tone

Yikes, the entitlement is strong. Not now, nor ever have we been given 100% of the information in an open case. Yes, people are scared and curious by nature and want to know what the hell happened. They have to keep certain things to themselves. Also, I'm confused why I keep seeing this case being referenced as going cold? It's been 5 or 6 weeks? I believe everyone is working as diligently as they can, and this WILL be solved.

I also stand by my previous statements that the killer waited inside the house for them. I stated before that people from the town comment about how "safe" it is there, and people leave their doors unlocked and all kinds of stuff. I think we don't see any forced entry because the home wasn't locked to begin with and having a constant flow of people in and out, nobody would think twice if they saw someone enter the home late at night. Whether he specifically targeted one of the girls or had simply been watching the home previously and knew they would be "easy" targets. It would have been easy for him to familiarize himself with the layout had he never been there before, while he waited for them to get home. The house finally gets quiet, and he strikes. IMO
Perhaps...but they would have had to hide for some time before striking. I think they may have briefly entered initially prior to the return of the victims and/or the survivors, then hid outside until the house was quiet. MOO

I could see the use of a dry suit, which can be used to keep water completely out and are not formfitting, but they are pricey ($1,000 and up).
If you have a neoprene based dry suit, they are heavy. And a trilaminate one is a bit baggy and will rustle a bit. Neither are practical to wear to do swift in-and-out killings.

Chronilogically a Junior, just not enough credits on paper his Freshmen year.
Thank you, that's very interesting; I hadn't heard this. So even though he was in his 3rd year, his earned credits only classified him as a freshman? I have worked as a faculty member at universities for the past 15 years and if this is the case, I'm really surprised he was allowed to stay in his academic program (major), stay in his fraternity without being on some form of academic probation, and/or to remain enrolled in the university with that lack of progress. All universities obviously vary in their criteria for a student to remain in good academic standing, but I find that pretty shocking. Could I ask where you got this information? That would make the interview perhaps a bit more interesting if he had been in the fraternity 2+ years and all the president could say was, "he was always here" although he also might have just been blindsided and not wanting to talk to reporters.

**EDIT - just saw several people say he was in his 2nd year (sophomore) but only enough credits to qualify as a freshman. That makes much more sense than him being a 3rd year but classified as a freshman. Thanks to those who responded!

Last edited:
Ethan was a second year freshman; this was his 2nd year at college (he did not have enough credits to officially be classified as a sophomore from what I’ve read.) I don’t know if he’s been with the fraternity since his 1st year though.

MOO

Call me crazy but I'm seeing a pattern here:

Sandra Ladd - June 13, 2020
Travis & Jamilyn Juetten - August 13, 2021
XEM&K - November 13, 2022

Likely attacked in bed, while asleep, with a knife. All the incidents happened between 3 and 4 a.m. on the 13th of the month, 14 & 15 months apart. Cooling off period?
Would add that each of these dates falls on the weekend/at the end of the week. June 13 2020 was a Saturday. August 13 2021 a Friday. And November 13, 2022 a Sunday.

curious about this too but since KG was moving to TX for a new job- a lot of distance. IMO Maybe the job was too good to pass up. IMO.
Well this is just my opinion. But if you look at the average IG account of a couple in love or a couple planning any kind of a future together and compare her IG account, which is public, the impression I would get is that Kaylee and Jack barely knew each other. Again JMO

I definitely think they sound like they’ve been drinking but the tone of voice as to when K asked M what did she say was more of a this is important kind of tone
Yeah, I got an astonished or surprised tone. Their behavior following this exchange didn’t match discontent between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveyJ