ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's not even from the area. Crazed killer could be from anywhere and returned to anywhere.
Exactly. I very much doubt the killer lived in Mosocw. I think he was a hired hit brought in by someone.

The car could've been stolen or brought by an acquaintance of the killer just for this job.

Is it not possible that ‘old fashioned police work’ was leading to lots of wrongful arrests of innocent people, and those invasions of privacy are protecting innocent people from being prosecuted and crimes from being erroneously ‘solved’?
There's a perspective I hadn't taken. I'll pursue that a bit more. Thanks

I'm a big fan of DNA matching, but I've seen people escape quite a bit using technology. I'm thinking of how people just assume people have their cell phones on them and will follow that ping when a perpetrator has taken the victim somewhere else completely. I saw this in my own practice as a home visiting nurse dealing with intimate partner violence.

I also don't like facial recognition because of the racial bias, but I honestly haven't researched it very much. I might be just throwing out headlines I've absorbed.

There must be a happy medium somewhere.

Scent hounds would need something of the killer's. There are probably 20 scent trials hours old, you have four vitims, two survivors, possible guests of survivors, and who the survivors called to come over all in the space of a few hours. And dogs cant judge time. So there could be 100 scent trails in the past few days.
Could the dog be sniffing for the smell of blood? To get an idea of which way the killer went?

We'll know soon enough if this crashed car is part of the murder. I believe it is.

I live in Boston and after the Marathon Bombings they put the suspects faces on TV to be on the lookout as a manhunt ensues. And as I predicted, the shootout occurred after they were found by police.

Just makes me think if this is the car, suspect then identified and on the run, he could go down with a fight.

The Elantra was involved in an injury accident. Chances are LE took names.

Melinda McLaughlin, a spokesperson for the Eugene Police Department, wrote in a text message that somebody called 911 on Dec. 17 to report that a person was sleeping inside a Hyundai Elantra.

Officers responded and made contact with the person, and no further report was made, McLaughlin wrote. The vehicle had been there since Dec. 15 when it was left after an injury crash.

“We have no information to indicate it is related to the Moscow, Idaho case,” McLaughlin wrote. “However, they were sent the vehicle information so they have it to review.”

From that link, is this something released just recently? Imo we don't know the following:

"They and a group of friends called 911 after finding one of the victims unresponsive in their beds, thinking they had passed out."

Oh? That's new!

I think that is the press mixing up a few bits and adding their own bits.

Surely you'd notice all the blood from such a ferocious murder with a knife?

There's no way you'd presume your housemate was 'passed out'.

Although the 911 call operator described them as unconscious".....as apparently they do all people who are not awake. They can't call them dead, as they don't have the ability to judge or declare that.

MOO.

Like what, for instance? Not using cell data, cameras, digital footprints, and all the other facets/tools of the investigation we've learned of or assumed the use of. What old fashioned police work have they omitted?
For instance, in this case they've relied on social media, use of the press, their webpage etc. to ask people to come forward with some of the information. Of course, we don't know if they've been boots not the ground going and asking around themselves, but you'd think we'd have seen it on MSM. They're doing exactly what they're supposed to do in this day and age, but it might not get the results they would have 10 years ago when they probably would have knocked on more doors.

Police work has changed a lot. As a nation, we're expecting them to come through here and then who knows when there will be another protest? And as a big believer in democracy, I support both, so it is super complicated and I bet they're doing what they can to stay safe and keep civilization from tumbling off the deep end. It's just a much harder time to solve a homicide when the majority of your tools are on a computer.

Melinda McLaughlin, a spokesperson for the Eugene Police Department, wrote in a text message that somebody called 911 on Dec. 17 to report that a person was sleeping inside a Hyundai Elantra.

The vehicle had been there since Dec. 15 when it was left after an injury crash.
Well, why was the person still inside the car if he was injured after an accident?

Very odd.

Plus it'd be cold in Oregon in mid December. Not ideal to sleep in a car outside.

Could this be a homeless person or transient who just came across the car on the side of the road and decided to sleep in it?

I try to read every page, but sometimes I can’t. Is this the forum where a 338 a.m. scream was discussed, scream heard and reported to police and that might have spared the two on the first floor? If not my apologies.
The “scream” from the body cam has never been verified as having been a scream.IMO, if it really was a scream, LE would have reacted

Oh? That's new!

I think that is the press mixing up a few bits and adding their own bits.

Surely you'd notice all the blood from such a ferocious murder with a knife?

There's no way you'd presume your housemate was 'passed out'.

Although the 911 call operator described them as unconscious".....as apparently they do all people who are not awake. They can't call them dead, as they don't have the ability to judge or declare that.

MOO.
I think it was written by someone who hasn't followed the case. You can't say they were killed in their beds (which I don't fully believe), and then say they found someone unconscious in bed and somehow no one noticed blood.

For instance, in this case they've relied on social media, use of the press, their webpage etc. to ask people to come forward with some of the information. Of course, we don't know if they've been boots not the ground going and asking around themselves, but you'd think we'd have seen it on MSM. They're doing exactly what they're supposed to do in this day and age, but it might not get the results they would have 10 years ago when they probably would have knocked on more doors.

Police work has changed a lot. As a nation, we're expecting them to come through here and then who knows when there will be another protest? And as a big believer in democracy, I support both, so it is super complicated and I bet they're doing what they can to stay safe and keep civilization from tumbling off the deep end. It's just a much harder time to solve a homicide when the majority of your tools are on a computer.
Unfortunately we know very little of what LE has been doing. It leaves huge gaps in our knowledge. I say unfortunately for us, but I really mean fortunately for the investigation.

I was reported in MSM that Moscow LE went door to door asking residents of apartment buildings nearby if they heard or saw anything unusual the night/morning of the murders. So there were definitely boots on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem