ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For real??

MOSCOW, Idaho (KLEW) — Authorities in Idaho announced on Tuesday that the registered owner of a white Hyundai Elantra that was spotted near the scene of a quadruple murder in Idaho has been found in Eugene, Oregon.

Detectives said they are investigating to see if there is any connection to the murder case.

The Moscow Police Department previously said the car was seen near a rental house where the bodies of four University of Idaho students, including Ethan Chapman, Xana Kernodle, Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves were found stabbed to death on November 13.

For real??

MOSCOW, Idaho (KLEW) — Authorities in Idaho announced on Tuesday that the registered owner of a white Hyundai Elantra that was spotted near the scene of a quadruple murder in Idaho has been found in Eugene, Oregon.

Detectives said they are investigating to see if there is any connection to the murder case.

The Moscow Police Department previously said the car was seen near a rental house where the bodies of four University of Idaho students, including Ethan Chapman, Xana Kernodle, Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves were found stabbed to death on November 13.

On on the "For real?" track. They found the OWNER in Eugene, OR or found the vehicle in Eugene, OR. Where is the LE press release when you need it?

For real??

Please be true! Massive break.

Here's what MPD have to say about the video.

• Another video, believed to be taken on the night of the murders at a local downtown business, is known to investigators. Investigators have identified an individual called “Adam” in the video and he is cooperating with detectives.

Are they seriously just now interviewing Adam? I doubt it. K and M were at the bar, if Adam was the bartender, then surely they interviewed him within the first week after the murders, along with others that were at the bar that night.

Same story, different source:

Are they seriously just now interviewing Adam? I doubt it. K and M were at the bar, if Adam was the bartender, then surely they interviewed him within the first week after the murders, along with others that were at the bar that night.
Where in that statement does it say they are only just now interviewing A.?

It's worded terribly. It reads that the owner of the car has been found in Eugene, Oregon. In actuality its saying the car being sought was found in Eugene.
These sound too similar for me to trust the sources. Great if they found the registered Owner living in Eugene, OR. But I'm thinking that they found the vehicle in Eugene, got the vin, and discovered the registered owner (wherever they live) from that vehicle they found in Oregon. But I won't believe any of it until I see a release from LE. This is such big deal I can see outlets getting clickbait out whether or not it is accurate and fixing it later. JMCO (Just my cynical opinion)

For instance, in this case they've relied on social media, use of the press, their webpage etc. to ask people to come forward with some of the information. Of course, we don't know if they've been boots not the ground going and asking around themselves, but you'd think we'd have seen it on MSM. They're doing exactly what they're supposed to do in this day and age, but it might not get the results they would have 10 years ago when they probably would have knocked on more doors.

Police work has changed a lot. It's just a much harder time to solve a homicide when the majority of your tools are on a computer.

SBM

I'm sorry but I completely disagree.

For one, I would hope NOT to see on MSM when the police go door to door, as they have, to conduct interviews. I wouldn't want anything to compromise their investigation. IMO we should NOT be privy to which people are being questioned. They have already stated in their press reports that they have conducted X amount of personal interviews, and that's all we need to know.

For another, I think the inventions of the Internet and cell phones have vastly improved the ability of LE to investigate far and wide.

Before the Internet, this tragedy would be a one or perhaps two day story here in NYC. It's horrific, but would likely still be a local murder in a small town, and the news cycle here would be on to other things.

For LE, being able to check the victims' incoming and outgoing phone calls, ping their locations, read texts that the victims sent, put their LE website online, have online community discussion boards such as WS, be able to instantaneously mass distribute pictures of the car being sought, for the public to have multiple ways to contact LE rather than writing a letter or calling long-distance, plus a thousand other things, IMO gives an ineffable amount of information flow that didn't exist earlier.

The same way that the Internet creates problems, with instantaneous real life interactions, it conversely offers tools that are simply indispensable nowadays.

I knew two teenagers who went missing in July 1973 and have still not been found. If cell phones existed then, I believe the police would have found them right away, even if they were already deceased, just by following where the pings ended.

IMO

If K was the target the big question is who knew she was going to be in town? Her mom said in an earlier interview that she was debating whether to go so it’s not like her visit was planned way in advance. I think that makes of much harder for the attack to be preplanned by someone watching from the woods. MOO.
I agree. However, if Kaylee was the target, it could have been preplanned AND spur of the moment. The killer may have developed his plan before she left school, but thought he missed his opportunity. Then he saw her at the Vandals football game, Corner Club, Grub Truckers stream (or anywhere else she visited while in town) and decided to carry out his previously formulated plan.
I’ve wondered if investigators have looked over things that may have happened in the past before she left school.

Actually same source (KLEW) on both articles. That first paragraph is just very poorly worded - I’m not sure what to make of it.

What authorities announced this and when?!! I am so confused

MOO. The driver (murderer) parked somewhere in back of the house on another street and walked through the wooded area unseen. The car was never parked in front of the house. That's the only way to make sense of it. MOO
You can see the house from the street above, Walenta
Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members