ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. Here is what I see on the City of Moscow website.

12-20-22 Updated Information (4:30 p.m.)​

Investigators are aware of a Hyundai Elantra located in Eugene, Oregon and have spoken with the owner. The vehicle was involved in a collision and subsequently impounded. The vehicle is registered out of Colorado and the female owner is not believed to have any relation to any property in Moscow, Idaho or the ongoing murder investigations. The public is asked to stop contacting the owner.

Sounds simple enough, unless the owner wasn't the one driving the car?

It's been a long day for my brain, but how would LE know the VIN # of the vehicle they're searching for (in order to see if it matches this specific car)?
If they had surveillance video from neighbors not released to the public on days prior to the attacks… it’s possible they have plate info that could give vin #.

MOO-

They have license plate info on car already. Good idea of who owns it. Just need as much evidence as possible from other surveillance systems near by for trial. They also need the actual car.

If I had to guess the perpetrator has disposed of the car in a rural river/pond/lake already.

Or….

If they did steal it for the attacks… the police know by now who’s car it was and where it was stollen from… and the perp has still most likely disposed of car in lake, river or pond.

But in this scenario… they don’t know who was in the car. Which explains the massive public request for info. And also how the LE would know the vin.

All MOO

It is interesting to me as it is missing license plates and apparently the driver. Otherwise, there would not be much to question about this vehicle. Did the driver flee upon wrecking the vehicle?
Did EMS or other responder render aid /transport the driver/occupant ? There should be a record.

If they had surveillance video from neighbors not released to the public on days prior to the attacks.

MOO-

They have license plate info on car already. Good idea of who owns it. Just need as much evidence as possible from other surveillance systems near by for trial. They also need the actual car.

If I had to guess the perpetrator has disposed of the car in a rural river/pond/lake already.

Or….

If they did steal it for the attacks… the police know by now who’s car it was and where it was stollen from… and the perp has still most likely disposed of car in lake, river or pond.

All MOO
Couldn't they run some kinda of diagnostics on the car and see if it was in Moscow? Don't most cars have something that can be tracked now days?

Couldn't they run some kinda of diagnostics on the car and see if it was in Moscow? Don't most cars have something that can be tracked now days?
Moo-

I’ve read most cars with touch screens do. It just depends if it had one or emergency service buttons in the car.

Also both easily disabled once stollen. Apparently it’s car theft 101 in 2022. How to disable gps locators in high tech car world.

You're right. Here is what I see on the City of Moscow website.

12-20-22 Updated Information (4:30 p.m.)​

Investigators are aware of a Hyundai Elantra located in Eugene, Oregon and have spoken with the owner. The vehicle was involved in a collision and subsequently impounded. The vehicle is registered out of Colorado and the female owner is not believed to have any relation to any property in Moscow, Idaho or the ongoing murder investigations. The public is asked to stop contacting the owner.

I see what they said, but I also see what they didn't say. They didn't say that is not the car they have been looking for. Seems odd.

They had to tell the public to stop contacting the owner of a random car? No wonder they don't want to give out more info about the actual car (or anything else).
I know I feel the same.

LE has seen the public backlash on all info released. Conclusions jumped to. For public safety I feel keeping information tight to the vest is unfortunately necessary at this point.

I don't think they know whether it's the same one. This is a case of sloppy journalism and an extremely confusingly worded article. Likely done on purpose to garner clicks/web traffic. JMO

King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID
The web, in general and sweeping terms, is being castigated for its attention to this crime: Generating rumors, contacting survivors, family and people within a certain range of the victims, rampantly and rabidly theorizing.

Then MSM generates something like this: Which is wrong in all instances by advice of LE and very clumsily written such that there were at least (3) interpretations of what is being said, on this forum alone.

I would expect FB and a couple of others racked up 4-pages of fodder in that interval. Never mind what 4chan made of it.

And no, i'm not going to go there to find out or post a link to any of them.

Sounds stolen. But if so, they should know that quickly.
Could be either but seems more likely to be coincidence. It was missing the plate and abandoned for days because it was stolen. Weird thing is that the front bumper is dragging on the ground. It doesn't look drivable, yet it obviously didn't crash right there.

I think it is likely the car they are looking for, however I was puzzled by the damage and location. Hit & run came to mind, but the Police could connect that quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member