ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I disagree with Maggie O'Mara's interpretation of what's being said. It doesn't say the care isn't related, only that the owner has no relationship to Moscow. The way the language is crafted leaves the door open to the car being stolen.
Huh?? It's written plain as day by Aaron Snell himself??.

MOO- I had a feeling it was unlikely it was the car they were looking for. But the ability to rule it out tells the public they know what they are looking for.
Does it tho? I would think if they knew what they were looking for they would have found it by now. You have local LE, State LE and the FBI all looking for this mystery car. Just the fact that car was even considered tells me that they are are no closer to solving this case as they were from day one. MOO I really hope I'm wrong!

Wow, that video clearly demonstrates how two people can come to two very different conclusions.

Like many forum members, I am US born and raised. I use the "6:00 news accent" and am accustomed to hearing a variety of southern, Texas (east and west) and south Louisiana / New Orleans accents.

That aside....

To me, the pronunciation of "Adam" by both girls sounds either foreign. Or, as both speakers are US born, a sound distortion. I guess it could be a regional US accent that I have never heard before as well.

But.... one thing the pronunciation of "Adam" does not sound to me at all is being a standard US accent (as in a widely used).
Well, for what it’s worth, I’m from Idaho and to my ear she’s clearly saying Adam. She sort of over-emphasizes the first syllable, but I’m thinking she’s just shouting it a bit, partly because it’s loud with cars driving by, and partly because she’s been drinking and people get louder and kind of “shouty” when drunk. MOO, but I’d declare myself a definitive expert on talking to drunk people from Idaho ;)

Can you show me please, because all I've seen is him saying the female owner in Colorado is not believed to have any connection to Moscow and is not believed to have any relation to the ongoing murder investigation.
As you say the car wasn't mentioned as not being involved, just the owner. Is there any record of the car being stolen, do we know?.

Just curious as this is what EPD had to say in regards to the vehicle:

EPD says the car had been involved in a "job injury crash" earlier in the week (on December 15) and was left on Seneca Road after the involved parties exchanged information.

Bolded by me.

If it was stolen would the involved parties have exchanged info. I wonder.

Source

As you say the car wasn't mentioned as not being involved, just the owner. Is there any record of the car being stolen, do we know?.

Just curious as this is what EPD had to say in regards to the vehicle:

EPD says the car had been involved in a "job injury crash" earlier in the week (on December 15) and was left on Seneca Road after the involved parties exchanged information.

Bolded by me.

If it was stolen would the involved parties have exchanged info. I wonder.

Source
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that about the "job injury crash" and exchanging insurance information. That seems to make it clear it's not the same car.

I disagree with Maggie O'Mara's interpretation of what's being said. It doesn't say the car isn't related, only that the owner has no relationship to Moscow. The way the language is crafted leaves the door open to the car being stolen.
The police statement is right there, and it’s clear as I see it. This one never made sense to me, as I’m convinced we’re looking for a college aged male anyway.

Does it tho? I would think if they knew what they were looking for they would have found it by now. You have local LE, State LE and the FBI all looking for this mystery car. Just the fact that car was even considered tells me that they are are no closer to solving this case as they were from day one. MOO I really hope I'm wrong!
You make some valid points.

MOO- I just feel like ruling it out that quickly, believe this is only a day or two old… it’s 8 hours away… the time to forensically process it etc…. Transport to lab… get results back… tells me they didn’t find it significant enough to run all of those tests… that combined with the discovery of the owners in Colorado. If there was even the slightest possibility this could be connected in any way… we would still know nothing. Evidence would still be processing. They knew enough to rule it out quickly.

MOO- For LE: it was incredibly important to rule this car out publicly ASAP… to keep the public vigilant in looking for the correct vehicle. They need to find the correct Elantra and they stress the importance of this in all current case updates /press releases.

So again MOO- car could not have this level of importance in the case if they didn’t know more than they are publicly sharing. Whatever info they have on the Elantra is significant and with 60 FBI agents working on it now… you better believe they know more than they are letting on.

How much more do they know? I have no idea… but based off the lack of info on how they came to that conclusion to rule out Oregon Elantra in less than 30 hours… I have a hunch they have more info on the specific Elantra than the public knows about.

Again… I respect everyone’s opinions and ideas and feedback. Love to know what others thoughts are. Many times I change my own after reading others thoughts on this board.

What authorities announced this and when?!! I am so confused
Wait. The owner has been found or the car that was involved has been found?! And investigating to see if it’s involved in the murder investigation? If it was the car that was there then yeah, it’s involved. Who is writing this awful copy?

You're right. Here is what I see on the City of Moscow website.

12-20-22 Updated Information (4:30 p.m.)​

Investigators are aware of a Hyundai Elantra located in Eugene, Oregon and have spoken with the owner. The vehicle was involved in a collision and subsequently impounded. The vehicle is registered out of Colorado and the female owner is not believed to have any relation to any property in Moscow, Idaho or the ongoing murder investigations. The public is asked to stop contacting the owner.

So, just a big coincidence it would seem. Why on Earth was the car just left there for days? That makes ZERO sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7