ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, the entitlement is strong. Not now, nor ever have we been given 100% of the information in an open case. Yes, people are scared and curious by nature and want to know what the hell happened. They have to keep certain things to themselves. Also, I'm confused why I keep seeing this case being referenced as going cold? It's been 5 or 6 weeks? I believe everyone is working as diligently as they can, and this WILL be solved.

I also stand by my previous statements that the killer waited inside the house for them. I stated before that people from the town comment about how "safe" it is there, and people leave their doors unlocked and all kinds of stuff. I think we don't see any forced entry because the home wasn't locked to begin with and having a constant flow of people in and out, nobody would think twice if they saw someone enter the home late at night. Whether he specifically targeted one of the girls or had simply been watching the home previously and knew they would be "easy" targets. It would have been easy for him to familiarize himself with the layout had he never been there before, while he waited for them to get home. The house finally gets quiet, and he strikes. IMO

I don’t know…are you sure you would really want to see the inside? After the forensic folks take care of their business, can the owner of the house have it cleaned?
No I don't want to see the inside. However, there are some that do. LE has discretion as to when a home where a crime has occurred is released back to its owner. After that, it's up to the owner as far as what to do and there really aren't many laws or rules preventing them from doing whatever they want.

Obviously it would be morbidly sickening, but if the owner of the King Road house wanted to sell tickets and host tours going through the rooms where the murders took place, after it's been released back to the homeowner that's their prerogative.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
TRANSCRIPT OF BANFIELD TALKING TO SHANON GRAY - GONCALVES ATTORNEY

20TH DECEMBER.

Banfield - Joining me now is Shanon Gray. He is the attorney representing the family of Kaylee Goncalves. Mr. Gray, thank you so much for being here. So let's start with A. Who exactly is A.?. And, has A. been helpful at all in this investigation?.

Gray - It's my understanding that A. is just the bartender at the Corner Bar that they were referring to. I think it was just conversation that they were having between the two of them. I don't think he's involved in the investigation at all though, so.

Banfield - You've done so much investigative work and you've been a prosecutor, a defense attorney in murder cases, so you know how it works. And, I would imagine that anybody who saw these girls in the hours before they died might be able to at least say who was in the bar, whether they witnessed anything unusual. What was it when they said 'I told A. everything'?. Do you have any idea what that meant?. Was that something A. could enlighten everybody to?.

Gray - I have no idea. I can't speak to that conversation and I would hope that the Moscow Police Department would follow up with this video and some of the statements that were made in it. So, that's what we're having faith, that they followed up on that, on the video.

Banfield - Yeah, amen to that. What about the notion that there's a lot of, sort of people, triangulating social media?. As you know, there are cyber sleuths who sometimes wreak havoc, but sometimes really provide some pretty good investigative help to police. And, there is some connection between A. and Kaylee's ex-boyfriend. There's pictures of them, I think on tik tok. There's a picture of A. with Kaylee's dog, so they clearly have a close friendship. Do you know anything about the connection between A. and Kaylee's ex-boyfriend?.

Gray - No, I don't. We don't have any of that information. So, you know, this is stuff that people are just doing some digging and you know it's part of the investigation process when you're not getting a lot of information, people start digging into a lot of different things and trying to figure out things on their own and we believe that the community is who will help solve this case anyway. So, we encourage people to continue to do the things that they need to do and help out the police and the investigation.

Banfield - Alright. So, what about the young man in the hoodie who's walking with Kaylee and Maddie down the sidewalk and who looks so much like the young hooded man who was seemingly lurking in the background, but did not appear to be with them in anyway at the food truck?. Does Kaylee's family believe it's the same person?. Is there any concern about how early he was cleared in all of this?.

Gray - Looking at the video, we think it's probably the same person. This videos appears to be shot right before the food truck, they get to the food truck. So, I think they think that it's the same person that was with them at the food truck. In regards to clearing people, you know, I think clearing is one of those words that investigators use as far as - they might clear someone and then they might get new additional information and revisit that person, somehow, down the line. So, if they cleared him in this, I'm not sure that they can't revisit any potential suspects that they might have.

Banfield - I can imagine that this is just excruciating for your client's, for the Goncalves family. S. and K. have said, before, they're frustrated, they want more information from the police and it's come to our attention that the lead investigator on the Moscow Police who's running the show for the Moscow Police is a two year veteran of the force. So, he's literally a rookie. I don't know if I got bad information or if that's true. Do you know anything about that?. Why on earth, if that's true, would someone with so little experience be put in charge of something so incredibly difficult, complex and critical?.

Gray - From the get go, I really want to make it clear that we are supportive of the investigation. We're supportive of everybody that's working on the investigation. We're supportive of all the resources that have been provided for the investigation, throughout, but we also have to hold people accountable for the decisions that they're making. My understanding is that the person that's... when we went into the meeting on Monday, they.. Brett Payne, is the individual who identified himself as the lead investigator from the Moscow Police Department on the case. My understanding is that he was hired in 2020, as a rookie, and so, he has a total of two years experience. As some follow up to that, I sent a request over. I sent an e-mail over to the Moscow Police Department asking for them to send some credentials over, some experience, education, that Officer Payne might have, that would lead.. how he might be able to lead this investigation, give us some confidence in that and their response was that 'it's personnel records and we're not privy to that information' and I find that just...

Banfield - We can dig up on that. We can certainly do some digging on that as well and find out. Shanon let me ask you one more question. I've only got about 20 seconds left, but I do want to ask you this, because this is happening more and more with crime victims. It happened to the Sandy Hook families. It happened to Shannan Watt's family - more and more of the cyber community, who can be so cruel, harass crime victims. Has this been happening to the Goncalves family too?.

Gray - Yes. The Goncalves family has received... they will receive random emails or text messages, or things along those lines, that are just completely inappropriate. They're taunting or whatever it might be and in today's world it's amazing that people are out there that do these things to victims of crimes, and it's my understanding that the Moscow Police Department had stated that if those people crossed the line, in regards to harassment, that they will be prosecuting those individuals. So, hopefully they'll stick behind that, if that ever comes up and becomes an issue with any of the victims families.

Banfield - I'm so sorry to hear that Shanon, please pass on our regrets to the family that they're having to go through that. That's being doubly victimised and it's just unconscionable. Thank you for being here. I appreciate this.

Morbid curiosity seekers and social media entities seeking clout. This case has gained a lot of traction with online entities that seem to want to get in the middle of it all.
IMO There is something so weird, eerie and ominous about this case. It’s like there are all of these peripheral clues that are swirling around, yet no one can break thru all of the bs to get at the truth. It’s like we are all sort of beating around the bush and can’t get to the heart of the matter- what happened, who did it, why? Instead, it’s just this slow unraveling……

I don’t know…are you sure you would really want to see the inside? After the forensic folks take care of their business, can the owner of the house have it cleaned?
I’m guessing that once the MPD determines they have taken all the samples they need from inside and they release the house back to the owner, the owner could then do what they wish as far as allowing someone exclusive access to photograph it, clean it, gut it, tear it down…. Maybe it will be up to their insurance company what happens to it once released.

I noticed that, too. Security is sitting out front, but, honestly, does that prevent someone from entering from the rear?
I didn't see security out front in this clip, on the 3 officials that left. Did you seen them outside of the driveway, or where?

I’m guessing that once the MPD determines they have taken all the samples they need from inside and they release the house back to the owner, the owner could then do what they wish as far as allowing someone exclusive access to photograph it, clean it, gut it, tear it down…. Maybe it will be up to their insurance company what happens to it once released.
Thanks

Which makes me think it could very well be connected to the crime. Moo
I get the line of thinking, but there are over 22,000 white Hyundai Elantra's registered in Idaho per LE's own stats. To think that this one happens to be the one just because it was abandoned and had a homeless guy sleeping in it might be a bit of a stretch ATM. I honestly hope you're right and I'm wrong because that would give us much more progress on the case.

My apologies to J. Edgar Hoover, for my earlier post* characterizing FBI as a "helper agency" in its role as providing support services to Moscow PD.

Probably had the man spinning in his grave. RIP.

I get the line of thinking, but there are over 22,000 white Hyundai Elantra's registered in Idaho per LE's own stats. To think that this one happens to be the one just because it was abandoned and had a homeless guy sleeping in it might be a bit of a stretch ATM. I honestly hope you're right and I'm wrong because that would give us much more progress on the case.
They said there were 22,000 Elantras that they could be sifting through. But I don’t recall them ever saying where they were saying those potentially were - do you have info on that, or were you assuming it was Idaho?

I’ve been curious about this - 22K seems like a lot - I assume that’s, at a minimum, the entire PNW.

There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman,
Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these
cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any
evidence to support the cases are related.

There is no mention there of the 2020 Sandra Ladd murder. And saying there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related is not the same as saying they have confirmed that the cases are not related.

Semantics? Perhaps. All I'm saying is I see a pattern there. Maybe they don't.
I'll leave it at that, to go further would just be bickering.
Indeed!

Does anyone know if the LE has issued a warrant for a cell tower dump?

MOO-

I watched my least favorite crime reporter “Nancy Grace” discuss this last night and I’ll give it to her on this report…she made a very great point on the value of cell tower dumps.

It seems like an impossible daunting task at first… but it’s been used by investigators before to identify suspects and catch them. And with the amount of added agents they now have the manpower to possibly find something big very quickly.

In the interview she discuses the released Elantra gas station footage and time stamp, how you can use cell tower dump information and identify anyone in the car by cell tower pings at that time in that place.

You can then link that phone to all the victims cell tower pings and see anytime they were ever near one another.

You can also discover How long this person had been following them… and or If it’s someone they did know… etc.

I’d put money on the FBI/LE already having all of this information and the cell tower dump warrant.

I’m extremely confident and optimistic we are days away from an arrest.

This is interview with Nancy Grace

Taking a back seat with the media? Letting the Idaho State Police and the FBI process and investigate a quadruple murder to the best of their abilities and giving support where and when needed locally?
Well it can differ from state to state I guess. But typically county sheriff's have jurisdiction over townships, and non incorporated villages within the county but not cities. Since Moscow is a city, the county sheriff's department would not be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06