ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if or how the insurance company might figure into this. I’ve heard some strange tales. There were the thieves who broke into a home and got themselves trapped in the garage while a family was away on vacation. They sued and won. So, I don’t know if there might be any tort suits against the owner, but I wouldn’t rule it out. Even if, the insurance company couldn’t dictate what happens ultimately though. It won’t be like totaling a car, but it might not be insurable again.
I wouldn't be surprised to see victim families sue the owner of the property. Whether those suits are successful or not, who knows. But I don't see why the property would not be insurable going forward. The owner could determine that tenants don't want to be there due to the history and could elect to tear down that structure and rebuild. That is purely a business decision.

I cant believe the killer has not yet given himself/herself up ...how do you go about sleeping and eating after snuffing out four young lives ? Hope they send out an anonymous message at least to media to explain why, not that anything could explain why, but from their perspective. Surely every human has a soul. How.
Well, he killed 4 people. I wouldn't expect too much.

Speaking of timelines, is there actually a timeline for K & M? What time did they get to the bar? What did they do before that? To the best of my knowledge, we have K & M's timeline pretty firm from maybe 1 a.m. or so since I'm not recalling time specific info about the bar. JMO
I thought I remembered seeing something saying there is video indicating K&M got the bar around 9 PM and left around 1 AM.

Random theory on ID of perp, MOO.

Two victims worked at a restaurant. Restaurants commonly have food distributors and delivery drivers from out of town. No one in Moscow, at least, would likely know a delivery guy’s personal vehicle, since he would arrive in Moscow in work truck. You could apply this theory to other types of workers who do not drive personal vehicles into Moscow, but may have had interactions with vics in the course of the job.
I work for such a distributor, in college towns, and I know where very few of the employees of my accounts live. I especially don't know intimate details about their routines or homes. I'll concede it may be possible, but very unlikely.

I do like the angle of exploring their workplace. Perhaps someone lost their job, was disciplined for harassment, was passed over for promotion, or was otherwise slighted in some way. Employees, owners, and suspicious customers should be vetted. Presumably, they have, so perhaps that should be extended to suppliers and other business contacts.

I cant believe the killer has not yet given himself/herself up ...how do you go about sleeping and eating after snuffing out four young lives ? Hope they send out an anonymous message at least to media to explain why, not that anything could explain why, but from their perspective. Surely every human has a soul. How.
I think in the minds of all of us normal, decent humans we couldn't live with the idea that we took another life. However, if the killer was in a rage and out to 'punish' some or all of the victims, then he would feel in his mind that he's done a good thing so in his mind, there's no reason to give himself up because he is in the right. I am aware of how horrible that sounds, but I'm putting myself in the mind of the killer, not decent humans like us.

Possible, but I’m not a fan. They’d be careful here.
regarding the Elantra found in Eugene OR and confusing media/Press release about it:

(Apologies if not an original idea and already covered). Perhaps the car’s registered owner in Colorado was contacted and cleared because she’s got an alibi putting her in CO. However, the car is in use by a child away at school in the nearby state of Idaho. I think if LE lost sight of their suspects or they disappeared before they’d been made as suspects and therefore weren’t being watched closely yet LE’d be very circumspect about what they now release about the potential getaway vehicle being found and the driver/passengers being in the wind. (I’m not married to this idea, but do think it might be possible.)

edited to add clarification because I apparently can’t figure out how to add all the quotes I want to and to straighten up some gramm, etc.

Last edited:
Long ago a guy asked me out, and when I politely declined, he became furious. Claiming that I had always been staring at him, smiling at him, purposely going by his desk at work. (No, I hadn't).

People can create a festering obsession based on a complete fantasy.

Some polite rejection, after a perceived "come on". Maybe in that bar, with weeks, maybe months of watching the girls after the 9pm switch in clientele. While she comes and goes with inferior (to the watcher), young geeky, puny, egg head college guys. Before everyone attacks me, I am looking thru the eyes, and possible perceptions of a local, rural guy, frustrated with his lack of success in charming college girls.

Ie like you say his name hasn't even come up yet, the "rejection" was so insignificant to the girl(s).
Yes, it does happen as your own story shows so it is a real consideration.

What troubles me regarding the investigation IF this is the case, is wondering what will ever lead them to investigate him?

The full video with sound is here. MM/KG first approach the truck around the 6:24 mark. Things I noticed to believe they were at least slightly intoxicated:
  • MM (in orange/red shirt, hair in ponytail and black jacket) has a blank stare several times and can't stand still. Seems to be swaying trying to stand in place.
  • Around the 6:30 mark, KG begins to order. She looks at the menu and seems to be having trouble reading it clearly then says "I'll have..." and after a decently long pause finishes "...the carrrr-banara". I mistook the syllable she slurred in the first post.
  • While KG is telling the Grub Truck guy she has rewards points, MM wanders off and gives a guy a hug then seems to stumble a bit walking back to where KG is.
  • There is a clear view of MM around the 7:04 mark and watching for a few seconds, her head is swaying and as she walks her shoulders sway as well. While she can still stand and knows where she is, this is not normal motion and is a walk I've seen before in friends who have had multiple drinks.
  • Around the 7:15 mark, KG slurs again repeating "the carrr-banara".
  • From 7:20 to 7:30, MM continues swaying next to KG.
So again, while I don't think either of them were stumble down drunk, I highly doubt either was in any shape to operate a motor vehicle and were likely legally intoxicated at the time.

Edit: This is important to me because it signifies that KG may have fallen asleep with her fitness watch on and could also speak to both girls inability to react quickly enough when their killer came up the stairs. On the third floor as they were and in this type of state, they were essentially cornered and had no chance. :(
Regarding your 3rd point: when MM goes to hug the guy, he is talking to another man (older, heavyset, doesn’t look look college age) who is wearing a plaid jacket and tan pants, who turns and opens his arms slightly as if he thinks MM will also hug him - she steps back slightly and ignores him and he drops his arms.
Hmmmm. A little embarrassing right?
Then when both gals stand waiting for their food, this same man is standing nearbthem, talking to ‘the hoodie guy’ purportedly JS, nearby, and is the one who points towards the girls to let him know they’ve taken off.
In fact, when I first saw the video with sound and heard one of the girls say ‘F- off mister’ I heard it as being directed toward the OLDER guy in plaid - he had gestured toward the girls just moments before that, and young people - girls and guys -call each other ‘dude,’ not ‘mister.’ Right? A young person would only call an older man ‘mister,’ not a young guy.
I don’t know if the guy in plaid was with the ‘hoodie guy’ or what, if you look at everyone there at the food truck he was considerably older, dressed differently, and seemed to be trying to hang with the girls, meet them, or whatever. He looks like a hunter. A local.
So that’s what I saw on the video, rewatch it and see what you think about it. I’m just trying to figure out what he was doing there with all the college kids, besides eating.

I am surprised that the killer did not run as soon as s/he enccountered any difficulty, so either did not really encounter a difficulty or really wanted to kill more people. IMO.
As hard as it is to swallow - I think this is the case. He wanted to kill as many people as possible.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Ethan was a freshman, meaning this guy would have only known him less than 3 months (assuming school and rush start in late August/early September), whereas Xana was a junior, meaning he could have known her for a little over two years. Most of the time a fraternity or sorority president is at least a junior in college, so my guess is he probably didn't really know Ethan all that well + was a bit blindsided by being approached by a reporter while trying to go to class. Bearing these things in mind, I don't really find anything to be odd about the interview or what he said. JMO
I think E was a second year freshman so he was theoretically a sophomore so had been there a few years he just didn’t accumulate enough credits to gain sophomore status

I’m almost positive the car on the gas station footage is a second or third generation Toyota Prius. If this is the car police have been looking for, it’s the wrong make & model. The back rear window is a giveaway. IMO
Speaking of cars, do you think it’s possible that the killer/killers got a brand new car after the murders were committed? And that they are driving a car that is totally different than the Elantra?and the Elantra is long gone?

SBM

I'm sorry but I completely disagree.

For one, I would hope NOT to see on MSM when the police go door to door, as they have, to conduct interviews. I wouldn't want anything to compromise their investigation. IMO we should NOT be privy to which people are being questioned. They have already stated in their press reports that they have conducted X amount of personal interviews, and that's all we need to know.

For another, I think the inventions of the Internet and cell phones have vastly improved the ability of LE to investigate far and wide.

Before the Internet, this tragedy would be a one or perhaps two day story here in NYC. It's horrific, but would likely still be a local murder in a small town, and the news cycle here would be on to other things.

For LE, being able to check the victims' incoming and outgoing phone calls, ping their locations, read texts that the victims sent, put their LE website online, have online community discussion boards such as WS, be able to instantaneously mass distribute pictures of the car being sought, for the public to have multiple ways to contact LE rather than writing a letter or calling long-distance, plus a thousand other things, IMO gives an ineffable amount of information flow that didn't exist earlier.

The same way that the Internet creates problems, with instantaneous real life interactions, it conversely offers tools that are simply indispensable nowadays.

I knew two teenagers who went missing in July 1973 and have still not been found. If cell phones existed then, I believe the police would have found them right away, even if they were already deceased, just by following where the pings ended.

IMO
I do agree with you that I don't want MSM to be with police when they go door to door. There is a lot that we shouldn't know because we aren't the ones solving the crime and standing up in court backing our claims.

I've been researching this further and have found that a common hypothesis about our lowering clearance rate in this country is that it may be due to more sophistication on the part of criminals, lots more data to comb through, fewer trained LE, and a wary public. In short, a truly complex issue and no black/white answers.

I too feel like there has to be a connection between the killer and the 4 students killed. It seems off to me that two would be spared given the brutal killing upstairs.
IMO, Yes. It was the four people upstairs= targeted. Why two roommates were left unscathed is the great question.

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed here. It's hard to keep up with this fast-moving discussion!

Scream on bodycam: Regarding the scream heard on the bodycam of LE during the alcohol related incident at Band Field that night, which I believe is about three minutes after Kaylee's last call to JD, I clearly hear "Stop it. Stop!" in a female's voice. However, it doesn't seem in the least to me to be the scream of someone being violently attacked. I'm not sure I'd even categorize it as a "scream". A yell, maybe. (For some reason, in my mind, there is a difference.) But I rather picture a group of partiers and people just messing around. Not a scream for one's life. Any thoughts here?

Why is the number one question on everyone's minds. What does personal mean when there were 4 victims? Doubtful there was a vendetta against all 4. Possible this crazed killed knew none of them. My verdict is planned.
I can imagine how it could happen. There were three very young women among victims, and one very young man. From that “Adam” piece I came to only one conclusion, that the girls were how most girls are at this age - talkative, probably dramatic, gregarious. Nothing about the person they discussed, there were so many people around them! But think, very old teenagers. For some people, the fact that the girls, or the girls + the boy, were talkative, could have been enough to hold immense grudge. To add, some people are by nature, paranoid, and disliked. So that person might be simply disliked among peers, but he blames it on “E talking sh@t”, or “X@M talking sh@t about me”. It really is not a question of “why”, but “what”. “What traits does someone have to possess to do it”. I am positive “why” is minimal, but the person might hold grudges against the four, or 3+1, if one was there by chance, for absolutely no reason. And hold to these grudges for ages. Yesterday I read, and posted elsewhere, a psychological portrait of one known killer, who used a knife to kill. I was surprised how many behaviors were the reflection of his own incompetence, and could apply to all such killers. I think this perp will be found at the periphery of the victims’ acquaintances, not a close one by any means, but would come across as very average. MOO.

Regarding your 3rd point: when MM goes to hug the guy, he is talking to another man (older, heavyset, doesn’t look look college age) who is wearing a plaid jacket and tan pants, who turns and opens his arms slightly as if he thinks MM will also hug him - she steps back slightly and ignores him and he drops his arms.
Hmmmm. A little embarrassing right?
What time stamp is that? I don't see anyone in a plaid jacket.

I’ve been watching the food truck video over and over and something it me last night. Maddie is wearing a man’s coat. Someone let her borrow it, presumably. It’s plausible that is was JS (hoodie guy) and maybe that is why when her and Kaylee took off with their food for the Uber he followed. Like ummm hello you have my jacket. This also may not be hoodie guys coat could’ve been someone else that evening perhaps lent it to her but the burning question I have for investigators is did they find that coat at Maddie’s residence or was it missing? I’m not purposing that someone would murder anyone over a coat but it might be evidence as to whether someone came to the house later that evening to retrieve it.
Oversized coats and blazers are the trend right now for this age group - looking at the video, this looks to just be following that trend. Lots of girls who would be a size XS/S walking around in L or XL jackets and hoodies. IMO it was her coat which she intentionally purchased to be that large.

I believe yes.

Each dog is different in what they are trained to detect and in their ability to detect. Detection dogs can detect blood, weapons, semen, accelerants, drugs, explosives, poisons, electronics, bodies, and more. Trailing dogs are trained to identify the scent of a specific human (with a scent sample). The limits of a dog being able to track a human scent is 5 - 14 days after the incident. Again, it depends on the ability of the dog and the handler.

In this case, I only saw a few photos of a police dog at the door and in the side/back yard. IMO the police dog was there to detect blood trail, but he/she could also be a superstar dog that is trained to detect multiple things and to trail.

"Sauer", a Doberman Pinscher!, holds the record for longest non stop track (at least up to 2017) - 100 miles, non stop, in the desert of South Africa (1925) to capture a cattle rustler.

Dogs rock!❤️

Yes, it does happen as your own story shows so it is a real consideration.

What troubles me regarding the investigation IF this is the case, is wondering what will ever lead them to investigate him?
Well I've posted my opinion, that if fringe groups become aware of his acts they might turn him in to informants to stop the widening (imo) investigations, which could focus on something less immediately serious that the fringe groups may be doing. Places they don't want LE accidentally finding, unrelated to this murder. Just might not want anyone poking around. And maybe this guy is someone on the fringe of the fringe, someone they already know is a wack job.

I posted a longer version of this theory, which can be boiled down...
I suspect the FBI/ATF are working their contacts in the most extremist locales.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member