ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A retired FBI agent believes the person who stabbed four University of Idaho students to death is a man due to the "ferociousness" of the attack.

24. The weapon has not been recovered
25. A dog was located in the residence unharmed

My thumbs are getting tired from typing.
Snipped for focus.

How about their expert opinion on the Car at the Gas Station?

If it’s him, he’s there for a reason. He may be comfortable and familiar, and that car turned on a side street that could lead to a neighborhood.

Or maybe they know it’s a Kia or something

Ok, this has been on my mind and so I'm throwing it out there.

I lived in a city where a person had committed multiple murders and had evaded police, won't mention names or cities here. But a HUGE portion of the immediate area was placed into lockdown (a good 10km by 10km area) - residents to lock doors/close blinds, road blocks set up. LE, dogs, drones and experts with heat sensor cameras searched the area thoroughly. This was the only reason that they were able to drive out and catch the culprit, even though it was stressful to all involved and no one knew how much time had passed from murder to capture.

Why was the action by LE after discovering this carnage to lockdown and then release claiming that it was a specific target and therefore the community should stay aware but not worried? It is not about community worry, it is about catching the perp. Was it because of how much time had passed and they really had no idea where in the world this person could be? But why would they not even try that?

They can track everyone who visits!
On Insta, you need a third-party app (tracking who sees your Instagram Stories is easy, but for your photos it's not as easy). Anyone can look at a photo on a public Insta page and unless they follow that page, they're not tracked. I don't know if Insta provides this info via subpoena or something, but that would have to include countless people like me who scrolled through a few photos on their feeds once, and I don't know how much work that would be.

I lived in a city where a person had committed multiple murders and had evaded police, won't mention names or cities here. But a HUGE portion of the immediate area was placed into lockdown (a good 10km by 10km area) - residents to lock doors/close blinds, road blocks set up. LE, dogs, drones and experts with heat sensor cameras searched the area thoroughly. This was the only reason that they were able to drive out and catch the culprit, even though it was stressful to all involved and no one knew how much time had passed from murder to capture.

Why was the action by LE after discovering this carnage to lockdown and then release claiming that it was a specific target and therefore the community should stay aware but not worried? It is not about community worry, it is about catching the perp. Was it because of how much time had passed and they really had no idea where in the world this person could be? But why would they not even try that?
Instead of MPD not knowing where perp is, they could have a suspect and know he was then far away and put LE on him. Just not revealing anything including naming a POI until they have evidence sufficient to convict.
Just a possibility.

Ok threads are moving very fast...I'm a lurker but have been keeping up more or less .... in the last thread someone mentioned the HVAC contractor that arrived to the house....could it be that the something was put in the HVAC system that caused the whole house to pass out (become unconscious)?

This could explain how the killer was able to attack so many in a short time and would also explain why the housemates slept in so late the next day and potentially through the possible noise from the attacks...MOO

I think we are for sure dealing with a psychopath. What we don't know is whether it is a narcissistic psychopath or an antisocial psychopath. The former is likely the result of parental overvaluation and the later likely the result of a harsh upbringing. Whichever the case I believe we need to seek the death penalty.

So, I would think there would have been possibly several parties off campus that night.

I’m remembering a case on a college campus, I thiiiiink it might be the one where the perp said he walked the female student home, drawing a blank on her name, and/or it miiiight be the one where someone passing saw a struggle through the windows of her dorm lobby.

Anyway, whatever the case, that perp, iirc, had been a party before that. And he had been kicked out for making several females feel uncomfortable, and perhaps attempting to assault one in the bathroom. It’s all fuzzy, sorry.

I know there was no sexual assault detected, but I’m wondering, again about the football game and perhaps after parties, but even without the game there would likely be parties, so I’m wondering if by chance, there was a creepy guy that made girls feel uncomfortable, maybe acted out, got in a fight, and maybe was kicked out. I know this sounds like a reach lol, but I was reminded of the other case(s) I mentioned above.

You can't really lock people down like that. You could request they stay indoors, etc, but if you don't even know who you're looking for, and the killings were hours earlier, it isn't likely to produce anything other than making the community upset.

FBI adds several more FBI agents to case. So very concerning!

MOSCOW, Idaho - The FBI has assigned additional agents to investigate the unsolved, Nov. 13 murders of four University of Idaho students, according to local police.

The Moscow Police Department (MPD), which is leading the investigation into the stabbing deaths of students Ethan Chapin, Xana Kernodle, Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen, said in a Monday press release that 60 FBI agents and two members of the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) have been assigned to the case.

On Dec. 15, the last time police issued a press release, there were 46 FBI agents and two BAU analysts assigned to the case.
Concerning but not... Because maybe this is another field office in a jurisdiction that was not previously included.

Great news I would say if we assume it's because they have new information (potentially about the plates of the Elantra!)

I think we can agree that the perp didn’t seem to show a lot of regard for the possibility of getting caught. I’m just not yet convinced that the lack of regard is indication of familiarity/knowledge (meaning he felt relatively “safe” that he wouldn’t be caught), or if the lack of regard towards getting caught speaks more about the inner workings of a murderer.
Maybe the perp(s) knew exactly who'd be there when they arrived.

I have been baffled by the absence of the County Sheriff in the investigation. The Sheriff has jurisdiction over the county, although the city of Moscow has local PD.
Anybody have a thought about that?
In some states, cities are separate from counties completely. In other states, cities are in counties, but they have their own government. I’m not sure about Idaho or even who has jurisdiction.

But your question *could* be like asking why the state police isn’t in charge, since the city is in a county which is in a state. Or even why isn’t the FBI in charge because a city is in a county is in a state is in a nation. (MOO. Just sharing possibilities. )

Not concerning at all, IMO. With over 10,000 tips and video and tech analysis needed, more agents are brought on board to assist in the case.

[Moscow Chief of Police] Fry added that there are investigators who are trained to look at video evidence and tie certain aspects of video submissions together to help build their case.

Quote edited to add information in parentheses

Right—it goes to show that it’s the polar opposite of a cold case!

Why was the action by LE after discovering this carnage to lockdown and then release
<snipped for focus>

I don't recall LE taking action to lockdown the city. I do remember that the university went into an immediate lockdown for a short time when the murders were announced. But not the city. Don't think that would be possible.

FBI adds several more FBI agents to case. So very concerning!

MOSCOW, Idaho - The FBI has assigned additional agents to investigate the unsolved, Nov. 13 murders of four University of Idaho students, according to local police.

The Moscow Police Department (MPD), which is leading the investigation into the stabbing deaths of students Ethan Chapin, Xana Kernodle, Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen, said in a Monday press release that 60 FBI agents and two members of the Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) have been assigned to the case.

On Dec. 15, the last time police issued a press release, there were 46 FBI agents and two BAU analysts assigned to the case.
To me, it’s reassuring, not concerning.

Presumably, more info/data is ready for examination/analysis, not to mention all the tips, so I’m grateful to see the increase in staffing.

Moo!

So, I would think there would have been possibly several parties off campus that night.

I’m remembering a case on a college campus, I thiiiiink it might be the one where the perp said he walked the female student home, drawing a blank on her name, and/or it miiiight be the one where someone passing saw a struggle through the windows of her dorm lobby.

Anyway, whatever the case, that perp, iirc, had been a party before that. And he had been kicked out for making several females feel uncomfortable, and perhaps attempting to assault one in the bathroom. It’s all fuzzy, sorry.

I know there was no sexual assault detected, but I’m wondering, again about the football game and perhaps after parties, but even without the game there would likely be parties, so I’m wondering if by chance, there was a creepy guy that made girls feel uncomfortable, maybe acted out, got in a fight, and maybe was kicked out. I know this sounds like a reach lol, but I was reminded of the other case(s) I mentioned above.
Kristen Smart I believe is the girl you are thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member