ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not release a still of the Hyundai in question ?

To be able to state the model and years of the car with such accuracy , makes me believe they have an actual video or picture of it, not just neighbors accounts that it was there.

What is the harm in releasing a pic of it? And also , do they want Hyundai owner all across the United States calling in tips about their neighbors Elantra’s ? What is the geographical range here of Hyundai owners/occupants that they are wanting?

Genuinely asking ….

Today LE announced they have over 10,000 phone tips. Pre white Hyundai Elantra it was under 3,000 phone tips. So tips increased by over 250 percent since they said Hyundai Elantra. I assume they are getting flooded with white car tips right now.

Nah. K sister said she ‘power dialed’. Sounds typical. My wild guess is that one of the victims said something to the other that really concerned her about an occurrence, the other suggested calling J to ask for his opinion, or say to him that they were worried about something and could he come over.
Yeah but if they could see his lights were on they’d be extra frustrated. Almost like “why wont he pick up, I can see his light from here.”
Meaning they were being ignored for whatever reason take your pick.

Today LE announced they have over 10,000 phone tips. Pre white Hyundai Elantra it was under 3,000 phone tips. So tips increased by over 250 percent since they said Hyundai Elantra. I assume they are getting flooded with white car tips right now.
To me , at a minimum, this slows down the investigation. I’m sure they have their reasons for not releasing anything more specific on the car…but I just can’t help but feel all of these tips are bogging down the tip line. Moo

Forgive me for repeating this question, I had asked in the last thread if the victims’ funerals were open or closed casket, or varied, but didn’t see the answer. Sorry if I missed it. The reason why I’m wondering is based on the idea on if one victim may have possibly sustained defacement/disfigurement/facial injuries. Sorry, this is a terrible question I know, :( , but thinking about this as related to the psychology of the offender, and possibly motive/targeting, etc.

Last edited:
Forgive me for repeating this question, I had asked in the last thread if the victims’ funerals were open or closed casket, or varied, but didn’t see the answer. Sorry if I missed it. The reason why I’m wondering is based on the idea on if one victim may have possibly sustained defacement/disfigurement. Sorry, terrible question I know, :( , but thinking about this as related to the offender, and possibly motive.
There were no public funerals AFAIK.
M&K were cremated. They did have a memorial and celebration of life for all of them.

That's exactly right, when I worked for a County government, if we needed the police, we couldn't just call our County Sheriff whose office was across the street from ours. We had to call the City police because our offices were in their jurisdiction.

As long as the killer or killers do not strike again criticism of the lack of LE releasing information is invalid. Because I get the sense that LE is feeling strongly they know who did this but the stated goal is conviction. Lining up all the ducks in a row to get a conviction in a quadruple stabbing homicide takes time let's be patient. FBI is a lot of things but they are not inexperienced or in over their heads.

Ok threads are moving very fast...I'm a lurker but have been keeping up more or less .... in the last thread someone mentioned the HVAC contractor that arrived to the house....could it be that the something was put in the HVAC system that caused the whole house to pass out (become unconscious)?

This could explain how the killer was able to attack so many in a short time and would also explain why the housemates slept in so late the next day and potentially through the possible noise from the attacks...MOO
I like this theory but don't think HVAC would be the one called into identify if that were true or not. At least not alongside more specified units who could identify, take samples, etc.

As long as the killer or killers do not strike again criticism of the lack of LE releasing information is invalid. Because I get the sense that LE is feeling strongly they know who did this but the stated goal is conviction. Lining up all the ducks in a row to get a conviction in a quadruple stabbing homicide takes time let's be patient. FBI is a lot of things but they are not inexperienced or in over their heads.
Certainly not inexperienced, but FBI does have unsolved cases. This may be one.

I’m not insinuating anything by sharing this. However, I am curious if anyone has ever attended one of these events and just how violent or traumatic it might be. Anyone with insight?

View attachment 388754
There are plenty of reviews of this critically acclaimed one man show online. Here's one: Review: A Warrior, Leaning on Shakespeare, in ‘Cry Havoc!’ (Published 2017)

I'm 2 threads behind, i was up to when the article dropped about the Adam thing, has anything else happened since?

I think the "Adam" CCTV footage solidifies the most commonly believed motive.

A girlfriend started seeing someone else. Someone knew and told the boyfriend.

Given that Kaylee's family already has access to her phone records, think this would have already come out by now. Think whatever Maddie told him was unrelated and probably pretty insignificant.

Not sure this is allowed, but I never thought about the killer already being INSIDE waiting.

Death row inmate speculates that Idaho killer "was inside the house" | NewsNation Prime
This has been my theory all along. Much easier to gain access when no one was home than try to break in to an occupied residence. If he came through the sliding door, it probably wasn't checked by anyone, and if it was checked/found unlocked, they probably just locked it.

Let’s analyze the difference in LE’s wording of where both sets of victims were during the night.

“On the evening of November 12th, Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen were at a local bar called Corner Club at 202 N. Main Street, in downtown Moscow, between 10 p.m. and 1:30 a.m.”

“Investigators have determined that Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were seen at the Sigma Chi house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. At approximately 1:45 a.m., Ethan and Xana are believed to have returned to the residence at 1122 King Road”

……

“Detectives continue investigating what occurred from approximately 9 p.m. on November 12th to 1:45 a.m. on November 13th, when Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle were believed to be at the Sigma Chi
house on the University of Idaho Campus at 735 Nez Perce Drive. Any interactions, contacts, direction and method of travel, or anything abnormal could add context to what occurred.”

Is the reason that they can make these definitive statements about where M and k were because corner club surveillance video proves they were there? Meanwhile, no cameras at Sigma Chi house , so LE simply can’t prove it with anything (besides witness accounts)?

Or is the reason because they know they went elsewhere- and are not providing the public with the information on where they went for good reason?
This very open time line is what fascinates me most in this case.

I think the "Adam" CCTV footage solidifies the most commonly believed motive.

A girlfriend started seeing someone else. Someone knew and told the ex-boyfriend.

This is defintiely a possibility and strong idea for motive, a jilted lover, but respectfully I wouldn’t say this is the “most commonly believed motive”, per say, at least from what I’ve seen here, but I haven’t read every post or polled everyone following this case, but I think a lot of/some people also think a strong possibility is a perp who simply had the desire to kill, a person who feels rejected/inadequate, serial killer type, as I’ve seen that mentioned a few times. All theories are on the table of course, and I’m not narrowed down to one theory.

I would think if the perp was someone close to the victims, they may have been identified by now as the perp, but who knows, maybe they covered their tracks well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that Kaylee's family already has access to her phone records, think this would have already come out by now. Think whatever Maddie told him was unrelated and probably pretty insignificant.
I think they have access to records of times, dates and ingoing and outgoing but not the content unless they have Kaylee's phone to read texts.

I'm on a self manage plan where I can view my phone records in real time, it's a log only - not what's contained in photos or texts. I can see file type (text or media/photo), date, time and the phone number outgoing and receiving.

Why not release a still of the Hyundai in question ?

To be able to state the model and years of the car with such accuracy , makes me believe they have an actual video or picture of it, not just neighbors accounts that it was there.

What is the harm in releasing a pic of it? And also , do they want Hyundai owner all across the United States calling in tips about their neighbors Elantra’s ? What is the geographical range here of Hyundai owners/occupants that they are wanting?

Genuinely asking ….
IMO they haven't and likely won't because the car may have identifying features. A significant scratch, a sticker on the window, a panel dent, etc. By releasing a photo it may cause the perp to alter the car's appearance in some way. It likely has an identifying mark somewhere that LE will know it's THE car when they see/find it.

This has been my theory all along. Much easier to gain access when no one was home than try to break in to an occupied residence. If he came through the sliding door, it probably wasn't checked by anyone, and if it was checked/found unlocked, they probably just locked it.
In this theory, could perp have killed E and X because they were afraid it might ruin their chances at K/M (one or both?) Worked up anger and adrenaline at that point, having to wait even longer with blood already on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes