ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this vehicle has any significance or correlation to the Moscow Murders. Comments by Eugene Police Department in Oregon - “We are aware of it and have sent the vehicle information to Moscow Idaho. We will refer everybody to call Moscow Idaho police for any additional information.” ~EPD.

Eugene is approximately 8 hours from Moscow.

Maddie was born in Eugene, Or. Strange coincidence.

Why not release a still of the Hyundai in question ?

To be able to state the model and years of the car with such accuracy , makes me believe they have an actual video or picture of it, not just neighbors accounts that it was there.

What is the harm in releasing a pic of it? And also , do they want Hyundai owner all across the United States calling in tips about their neighbors Elantra’s ? What is the geographical range here of Hyundai owners/occupants that they are wanting?

Genuinely asking ….
I watched an unrelated (to this case) police interrogation a few years ago where LE told the subject that they had video/ pictures of his truck by the crime scene.

What they did not want the suspect to know was the fact that the pics were of poor quality and would not be much use as clear evidence so to speak. However, they were useful for convincing the suspect he was caught and it was best to confess.

It's possible the images are not clear and it's best the bad guy doesn't know that.

Just a thought and MOO.

I'm thinking coveralls, gloves, booties. Planned, too.
This makes you invisible in special effect green screen videos, this is not new technology and is pretty well known.
The eye and nose area is thin for seeing and breathing.
You can buy on the most well known online store in the US for $10-$200.
I only bring it up because it seems more likely than diving suits which keep being discussed.
FE289A8A-9057-494C-B862-BDE8074E7B79.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is defintiely a possibility and strong idea for motive, a jilted lover, but respectfully I wouldn’t say this is the “most commonly believed motive”, per say, at least from what I’ve seen here, but I haven’t read every post or polled everyone following this case, but I think a lot of/some people also think a strong possibility is a perp who simply had the desire to kill, a person who feels rejected/inadequate, serial killer type, as I’ve seen that mentioned a few times. All theories are on the table of course, and I’m not narrowed down to one theory.

I would think if the perp was someone close to the victims, they may have been identified by now as the perp, but who knows, maybe they covered their tracks well.

I don't believe that if the murders happened during KG's visit to Moscow, it automatically means that she was the target. It understand why many think she was, but I personally am not sold on this hypothesis. JMO. I am positive MPD knows a lot more about the preceding histories of the house inhabitants, and I feel they are working a lot. Sincerely wishing them a strike of good luck.

Another possibility is that MPD etc. have 2 POIs with evidence that each one may be the perp and can't actually yet figure out which... These people could be people who left the area around that time.

This leads me to a 3rd possibility: The 2 unofficial POIs did this together. The complexity of proving that could delay naming a suspect or suspects.

Just hypotheticals.
Like if someone was set up and framed?

MOO-

The one constant in this investigation is the police reiterate over and over they believe the house or one of the four victims was TARGETED.

The word targeted to me would reflect the attacks are premeditated / planned.

Which is why I’ve just been struggling with the idea of the white Elantra.

I just find it hard to believe anyone who planned to brutally murder 4 people and manage to get in and out with no witnesses (the public knows about)… would park the car in front or on the side or anywhere near the house. DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

Again.. MOO

It doesn’t add up. For the life of me I couldn’t make sense of it.

Until… I thought about this…

We know LE requested surveillance from all local homes / buildings facing the girls house.

We know the car is of great importance because LE says it was seen in the immediate area.

What if they don’t have footage of the car outside the house that night… just near it.

Maybe all they have from THAT NIGHT is corroborating footage of the car in the immediate area on the other main roads near the house.

It’s much more likely the car was seen / discovered prior to the gas station footage release… on the neighbors cameras in the weeks and days prior ….. driving by or parked near the home… days they weren’t committing a horrific crime….on the days they were still contemplating it or planning it.

Just throwing out ideas.
IMO, The roommates were targeted meaning someone was aiming to kill them, but the killing itself may have been ‘spur of the moment” ( not premeditated).

So according to this article these are potential reasons in MOO that FBI is so heavily involved:
  • A local or state police department requests that the FBI file for an Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution (UFAP) warrant to allow the Bureau to enter a local homicide case. The Bureau’s task is the apprehension of the interstate fugitive, not the investigation of the actual murder.
  • The murders involve violent crimes against interstate travelers, such as serial killings.
  • The purpose of the murder was to promote a criminal enterprise, such as in organized crime and drug trafficking.
Any others seem plausible ?
No. I like bullet point one.

I haven't read all these threads (yet) so don't know what's been addressed BUT this case has me so rattled I have trouble sleeping, even with a light on. I live no where near Idaho.

But some thoughts popped into my head ... the "Lizzie Borden" case ... what if the killer was naked, so easier to not leave a trail .....

And how could someone do this in the dark? I'm guessing there weren't any lights on.

I know ... random ... but ....... my mind can't even go there.
Naked in temperatures of 21F? The killer must have had one frozen tushy

May have already been posted: the person who was killed in the SWAT standoff in nearby Pullman Washington was identified. He was a 36 y/o 82nd Airborne vet with documented PTSD problems.

Earlier, the Washington State Patrol said the gentleman had no apparent connection to the Moscow murders:

A sad ending for a veteran.

Posted to tie up that potential item, due to the proximity of the incident and uncertainty surrounding the circumstances.

RIP.

That video of the cops going to the party is a real eye-opener. A party like that and the normal residents are all gone. Good grief!
That’s the story they’re telling the police, but I don’t think that’s the case. I think 3 of the roommates are there. You can hear someone shout K’s name early on, the girl who answered the door looks like B, and my gut says M is actually in an upstairs closet on the phone with an officer (as opposed to another house party).

But man, did that video stoke the nostalgia of college days.

In one of these many threads, someone pointed out that a naked person would shed skin cells, hairs, and other things at the scene and thus would leave a lot of their DNA. Which is not to say it couldn't happen, but it seems unlikely. (They'd have to put their clothes back on before going back into the cold night.

It's also been pointed out that the they could've brought some sort of light and that the roommates had some decorative lights on.

That said, I'll go and double-lock the door now. :)

JMO
We need a folder with all the decorative lighting that was on in the house that night, they wouldn't have needed a light.

I still find it odd how the lighting alone wasn't a deterrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1