ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW: Police Investigating White Hyundai Elantra Found in Oregon in Idaho Murder Investigation

On the right hand side of the rear of the Elantra in Eugene OR, is an emblem that says "Rainbow" or something similar. Is that related to auto dealer, does it indicate rental, etc? Or is it a sticker put on by owner? In any case, unless all Elantras have that, it seems that could rule in or out that specific vehicle pretty quickly.

Call me crazy but I'm seeing a pattern here:

Sandra Ladd - June 13, 2020
Travis & Jamilyn Juetten - August 13, 2021
XEM&K - November 13, 2022

Likely attacked in bed, while asleep, with a knife. All the incidents happened between 3 and 4 a.m. on the 13th of the month, 14 & 15 months apart. Cooling off period?
We can only hope investigators are honing in on these things.

Has the abandoned car been ruled out from being involved? If not, was it abandoned somewhere remotely? If so, somebody would have had to pick up the “abandoner”.

strange accent on 'adam'. or angry or just drunk ... but not very typically american accent?
I picked up on that, too. Probably the alcohol affecting her speech, because it seems sort of like an exaggeration of the rest of her speech, which is typically "American" to me.

I did note, though, that within what I'd consider that "typically American" accent, she does have a distinctive voice. (Not that that's relevant to the investigation.)

I would hazard a "no" guess.

There is plenty of room for respect / disrespect violence regarding sports rivalries. And where there is respect / disrepect driven violence, there is always a chance of eventual horrific over kill violence linked to the subject,

But, there also seem to be detractors regarding the possibility of a game linkage:

As for an indirect game linkage:

- other posters pointed out that the game was not the kind of game that would result in alot of UC Davis fans driving the distance. This would reduce the chances of the perpetrator being game linked regardless of the motive.

As for a direct game linkage:

- Though very likely supportive of their team, there are no indications that any of the victims were passionate sports fans. And/ or say, ran a hyperbolic home town sports blog.

- The victims were not decked out in school colors the night they were attacked that would make them a natural target for somebody with a game motive. There are no indications that they had any confrontation with opposing fans at say, a local bar.

- Nor are there indications that they were affiliated with ubber fans (at my college there was a section of bleachers where the "Rude Crew" sat- known for crazy dress, taunts and occasionally getting kicked out).

I was more thinking along the lines of a random sports fan who was drunk, angry that his team lost, perhaps lost money on a bet, etc. and somehow interacted with one of the victims (bumped into, some inappropriate remark, touching etc. Wasn't there some hinting that there was a group at the bar K&M we're at who were getting out of hand?

Someone may be missing that Elantra, though, if stolen. The police of neighboring states should have some statement about a stolen car. I wonder which way its nose is pointing, to the South or to the North?

White Hyundai Elantra Eugene, Oregon December 20, 2022

From the photo I saw it looks like it is pulled over on the outside lane of Seneca Rd
Online the business across the fence is Convoy Supplies at Seneca Rd and 7th St
Front of car is facing South

Looking at a map the location is a bit interesting, it is an exit off of hwy 99 south
hwy 99 runs between Portland and Eugene, but is not the major interstate 5

Drive time is 9 hours Troy, ID to Eugene, OR by way of Portland

Independent article states the car reported 5.19AM and someone was sleeping in the car

Law&Crime with video with pics of the car showing heavy damage to front end

No front or rear license plate

Another poster noticed black/ chrome word RAINBOW sticker on rt side of trunk area
Another posted noticed a hand print on inside of rear passenger side window

Location of crash is not obvious near photos, it looks like it was driven after the accident
Noticed passenger side window has busted hole- passenger and wreck or break and enter?

Interesting!
Edited for clarity
JMO

Last edited:
Call me crazy but I'm seeing a pattern here:

Likely attacked in bed, while asleep, with a knife. All the incidents happened between 3 and 4 a.m. on the 13th of the month, 14 & 15 months apart. Cooling off period?
Oh wow

“Police have not identified any suspects and are keeping many details confidential, saying Wednesday that confidentiality is necessary to maintain the integrity of the investigation.”
A quote from that same reference.

That NY times article about the couple killed last year that could potentially be linked. Interesting note that there was also a dog present and unharmed. I know that was a question early on in the threads, if there were other multiple stabbing deaths with dogs in the home.

LE has already confirmed these cases are not related.

Moscow traffic cam locations:

Would the killer have known to avoid these?

Moscow/Pullman speed traps (older, but possibly still used), weekend evenings, especially after midnight, are often popular for enforcement. Do we know if there were any that night?

A Waze history for that night might be useful. Was the killer using that or Google maps to avoid traffic or checkpoints? Would Google/Apple have records of everyone with a phone traveling around Moscow that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member