ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As dramatic as it sounds, I’ve thought about/mentioned night goggles. He had a military style knife, maybe he had night vision too.
Agree this is a possibility / not that hard to come by / could be in the wheelhouse of a middle of the night killer armed with a big lethal knife who is all about having a tactical advantage over the victims through stealth.

Also, they could have worn a full body Tyvek suit (readily available at home improvement stores - one piece with attached booties and a hood), that with gloves and goggles would provide an impermeable barrier to DNA "shedding" at the crime scene, and could be removed after leaving the building & bagged up & stashed in a small backpack worn over their "clean" street clothes underneath.

Suffice it to say it may not be typical gear, but it's not rocket science. IMO

How can they 'confirm' that they're not linked when all three crimes remain unsolved?
LE may see different type of knife used or type of wounds.

But here's a kicker: LE, despite public statements, are pretty sure of doer and have traced his whereabouts when other stabbings occurred and he was elsewhere.

In this scenario, they'd know cases are not linked and also implies they are waiting for evidence sufficient to charge unofficial POI.
JMO.

Interesting article about a possible connection.

LE already denied any connection to this homicide. Even amidst all the parallels (time, stabbed in their beds, person left alive), they found no connection.

For clarity this is what MPD actually say on their site about the other cases.

• There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.

LE may see different type of knife used or type of wounds.

But here's a kicker: LE, despite public statements, are pretty sure of doer and have traced his whereabouts when other stabbings occurred and he was elsewhere.

In this scenario, they'd know cases are not linked and also implies they are waiting for evidence sufficient to charge unofficial POI.
JMO.
maybe left hand vs right hand. I believe LE but wouldn’t be surprised if it linked w Moscow. If its not connected that means this area has 2 killers who will enter a house w multiply residents. Thats scary

An official for the Eugene, Oregon PD tells us someone called 911 over the weekend about a person sleeping inside a white Hyundai Elantra. Officers responded to the scene and made contact with the individual -- but no further report was made.

We're told Eugene alerted investigators in Moscow of the vehicle -- and a rep for Moscow tells us they're now working to see if there's any connection with the ongoing murder case.

1671564203254.png

Scroll down and read what Aaron Snell says. I'm on my phone and it is difficult for me to copy and paste.

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/24943/12-19-22-Moscow-Homicide-Update - Page 5

"There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related"

------------

I'm thinking they have a lot of evidence that we are not aware of such as DNA that do not match the other crime scene's and that is how they can state as such. JMO

I don’t think this killer has done the perfect crime. I think the killer got lucky, for now. The killer is nothing special and is probably sitting in his room reading all the comments from people saying how this was done by a professional, how this was done perfectly with no trace of evidence and feeling kinda special. They are all wrong because the police will have plenty of evidence and will eventually arrest you. The police will Find you and hopefully sooner rather than later. The killer is a Whimp who could only kill the victims in their sleep. Look forward to see the blubbering mess you are when cuffed and you cry for your mummy. This killer is an embarrassment, pathetic, creep and probably Couldn’t even get a girlfriend. The killer is Always getting turned down by women. His rage grew over the years he ended up having one huge tantrum killing 4 people. Just writing my thoughts down.
Cutting him down accomplishes nothing. He has successfully CUT DOWN four human beings. Four vibrant lives. Nothing achieved now, will impact that fact. Nothing will bring them back to life. I too…like so many others on here…await justice. JMOO

On the right hand side of the rear of the Elantra in Eugene OR, is an emblem that says "Rainbow" or something similar. Is that related to auto dealer, does it indicate rental, etc? Or is it a sticker put on by owner? In any case, unless all Elantras have that, it seems that could rule in or out that specific vehicle pretty quickly.
Rainbow could be the dealership. There is on in Alberta and one in BC Canada. Other Rainbow dealerships are in the Southern US - especially in Louisiana. Google Rainbow Car Sales to see a map of such dealerships, both new and used. There are service centers as well, but they wouldn't be likely to put Rainbow on a car.

I’m behind on reading today, but I also believe this is why finding the Elantra is so important to this case. I believe LE has their person or persons of interest and they need evidence of the victims blood in that car to connect it to the murders. Blood and not just other DNA because it is harder to explain away. Moo.
Your instincts are sharp, even when speed-reading. Your first sentence made me laugh. Catching-up is what we all find ourselves doing when REAL LIFE/WORK interferes with our SLEUTHING!! moo

An official for the Eugene, Oregon PD tells us someone called 911 over the weekend about a person sleeping inside a white Hyundai Elantra. Officers responded to the scene and made contact with the individual -- but no further report was made.

We're told Eugene alerted investigators in Moscow of the vehicle -- and a rep for Moscow tells us they're now working to see if there's any connection with the ongoing murder case.

View attachment 388882
is that Rainbow sticker a dealer?

Excellent clarification.

I'd add only that a dry suit keeps water out by using durable seals for arms, legs and neck. The suit material proper is thick, scrunchy and repels water (and would repel blood, etc). You're looking at $$$ for one and it makes a good bit of noise while moving. You're not sneaking up on much in a drysuit -- maybe victims who are sleeping heavy. Maybe.

A wetsuit will absorb any liquid it's confronted with to some degree, whether immersed in it or not. It would offer some insulation from sharps and is less noisy, if far warmer than a drysuit. You're not going to peel if off to reveal a tuxedo that's anything but damp, stained and rumpled.

It's possible of course that we have an aquatic-minded killer here. But if I were planning to do a deed most foul I would not take along my cherished drysuit or even full soaker. I'd spend anywhere from 1200.00 to 700.00 less and grab a bog-standard coverup suit, gloves and booties. Cheaper, lighter, can be bought for cash in a whole bunch of places and then removed, reversed, rolled up and discarded in any handy rubbish bin.

If this was planned, which seems likely, then my bet's on a perp prioritizing ease of use and disposal and lack of traceability over the ability to go for a swim after in comfort. The mooted method of ingress, weapon used and exit without being seen point to either luck and/ or some level of careful preparation for these attacks, possibly involving knowledge of the layout, escape routes and runthroughs, and a plan for getting rid of evidence.

My ha'penny's worth, for what it's worth.
This has pretty much been my stance since this atrocity occurred. One cunning killer. Lots of premeditation and planning. Lots of what-ifs in all of that too. Expect the unexpected kind of training. Self-trained. Lone Wolf type. Stone cold killer. JMOHO

There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman,
Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these
cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any
evidence to support the cases are related.

There is no mention there of the 2020 Sandra Ladd murder. And saying there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related is not the same as saying they have confirmed that the cases are not related.

Semantics? Perhaps. All I'm saying is I see a pattern there. Maybe they don't.
I'll leave it at that, to go further would just be bickering.

https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/DocumentCenter/View/24943/12-19-22-Moscow-Homicide-Update - Page 5

"There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related"

------------

I'm thinking they have a lot of evidence that we are not aware of such as DNA that do not match the other crime scene's and that is how they can state as such. JMO
From my link in your post.

Aaron Snell, the communications director for the Idaho State Police, told Fox News Digital Thursday that investigators would be digging into any possible connection between the case.
"Unequivocally, even without asking anybody, our detectives will be aware of that," he said. "They will look into the possibility that they're linked…anything that would be a remote possibility as a connection will be something that we consider."

View attachment 388882
Sleeping in a crashed car, on the crash site, with no license plate? Doesn't seem to add up.

Come on guys, the students were obviously lying. Beth opened the door and lied she wasn't a resident there despite the fact she was. She also kinda slammed the door in the cops faces and probably sent the other two males deal with it since they were apparently older. Madison and the rest were probably there, as well, they just didn't want to come out and deal with the cops for one reason or another
I’ve mentioned this before, but this post fits it perfectly, again. I believe the rental students in the house had a shared false sense of security due to the fact that each singular room had its own special separate keypad locking System. Most student housing does not employ or offer such added security features.

Therefore, it didn’t matter if a front or rear door was breached or others came in to see someone else in particular. The interior rooms locked. They FELT safe. So the outer interior of the home served as a genuinely common area (including all Hallways, bathrooms, kitchen, living room, and more). Students aren’t truly wary of others they do not know being in a house shared with at least 3-6 persons. They would presume that the unknown person inside the home was simply visiting or associated with another student renting a room inside the house. Perhaps no alarm would be triggered by seeing a “another student/stranger” inside of the home. JMOHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper