ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did LE Say UNEQUIVOCALLY "NO CONNECTION" w OTHER CASES?

snipped for focus. @JohnBull
Respectfully, I haven’t seen (but coulda missed it) LE saying those other cases are not connected to Moscow deaths.

See quotes below from Moscow Pol-Chf. Fry and ID St Pol. Comm.-Dir. Snell.*
Their exact phrases: "...No OFFICIAL connection has been drawn." bbm
"...TOO EARLY to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.” bbm

There is a world of difference btwn "Not connected" and the above stmts.

Could you could provide an actual quote from a named LE and a link to MSM w either LE making an UNEQUIVOCAL No Connection stmt, as seems I missed it. TiA.

"….other cases, stuff that we are going to follow up on," Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday. He said his office knew about the case and was looking into it, but no official connection has been drawn between the two cases."

Re 2020 fatal stabbing case in WA, 71 y/o woman S. Ladd. TOO EARLY, per ISP Snell.
".... Aaron Snell, the communications director for the Idaho State Police, told Fox News Digital Thursday that investigators would be digging into any possible connection between the cases.
"Unequivocally, even without asking anybody, our detectives will be aware of that," he said. "They will look into the possibility that they're linked…anything that would be a remote possibility as a connection will be something that we consider."
"He said investigators had "not ruled out any idea or concept" but that it was too early to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.”
Idaho murders: Third unsolved stabbing attack resurfaces amid college slaying mystery | Fox News Nov 24
I read a couple of articles where that was stated, and commented on it in an earlier thread, but unfortunately I don't recollect where I saw it. I certainly hope the authorities are pursuing a connection, because those two cases are very similar.

Of course they are not in the business of "red herrings" and I never implied that. I believe the vehicle must be eliminated unrefutably from the suspect pool so as NOT to create the possibility of someone else, other than the person on trial, as being an uninvestigated suspect.

Law enforcement released that they were looking for the white Hyundai Elantra. It was not based on an online tip. No one - including online sleuths - knew anything about the white Elantra until police made it public knowledge that it was critical to their investigation. This is, according to law enforcement, because the Elantra was in the immediate area during the time of the crime, and the occupant or occupants have critical information about the crime.

So, law enforcement have already shown their hand in this regard. They are not trying to rule this car out, because if that were the case it would be done so privately. Because now that they've made it public knowledge, if it isn't ultimately critical to the investigation - as they insist! - they have then polluted a public jury pool and gifted reasonable doubt to any defense attorney.

They simply wouldn't do that.

In my opinion.

It could also support why only 3 of the girls were killed instead of 5, and Ethan was just collateral. But maybe the 3 girls were the support system, while the other two were not involved. Again just something I had thought of early on.
Yes. great points. Originally I thought the perp was an Incel taking revenge. But I now think your theory is my top option for now.

It would help me immensely if you would reference what post you are respondin

Law enforcement released that they were looking for the white Hyundai Elantra. It was not based on an online tip. No one - including online sleuths - knew anything about the white Elantra until police made it public knowledge that it was critical to their investigation. This is, according to law enforcement, because the Elantra was in the immediate area during the time of the crime, and the occupant or occupants have critical information about the crime.

So, law enforcement have already shown their hand in this regard. They are not trying to rule this car out, because if that were the case it would be done so privately. Because now that they've made it public knowledge, if it isn't ultimately critical to the investigation - as they insist! - they have then polluted a public jury pool and gifted reasonable doubt to any defense attorney.

They simply wouldn't do that.

In my opinion.
OK, I think we both have different information from which we are making our statements and coming to conclusions. I don't want to debate the "reasoning" of the investigation or where each avenue has gone. Everything I said was opinion only and no judgement or weight given to either hypothesis.

In my opinion, LE knows and has proof of the suspect(s) involved. I believe they have received all of the digital forensics (phone, SM, camera) along with crime scene forensics (DNA, prints, etc) and interviews with family, surviving roommates, friends, old schoolmates, and fraternity/sorority brothers/sisters.

MOO LE is delaying the arrest of the suspected killer(s). I believe they have agents under surveillance waiting till after the holidays to make the arrests for the sake of the families (victims and LE).

IMO, LE is releasing tidbits to get information and input from the public on any additional accomplices or witnesses. This crime was a result of pent up rage from a person close to the victims and the killers left a messy crime scene that is making it easy to solve. Just wait till the New Year. IMO.

Smell of Human Blood.
Just a bit of info. I had a cop friend over last night and I asked said cop if they had ever been on a scene with a ton of blood. Friend cop said yes. I asked if they could smell the blood on scene. Friend cop said no. That some of the other cops can, but that friend cop never noticed a blood smell.
So I wouldn’t assume that a bloody scene would necessarily have a strong odor.
@Normamsmiley Good point, scene would not necessarily have strong odor, but OTOH ---

Different people have different senses of smell. One person may detect a given odor before others close by can sense it. Another person detects minute quantities of a given odor, when right next to someone else who does not pick it up at all. And a cold, sinus problems, allergies, etc may interfere w a person’s sense of smell.

In this case, there was a several hour time lapse btwn bleeding and discovery of bodies.
Also likely some or a lot of blood was absorbed into bedding, so some odor may have been reduced.
Also likely some (most?) blood became dry, also reducing odor.
Seems possible some ppl may have detected smell of blood at this crime scene, while others barely notIced.
Imo jmo moo

In my opinion, LE knows and has proof of the suspect(s) involved. I believe they have received all of the digital forensics (phone, SM, camera) along with crime scene forensics (DNA, prints, etc) and interviews with family, surviving roommates, friends, old schoolmates, and fraternity/sorority brothers/sisters.

MOO LE is delaying the arrest of the suspected killer(s). I believe they have agents under surveillance waiting till after the holidays to make the arrests for the sake of the families (victims and LE).

IMO, LE is releasing tidbits to get information and input from the public on any additional accomplices or witnesses. This crime was a result of pent up rage from a person close to the victims and the killers left a messy crime scene that is making it easy to solve. Just wait till the New Year. IMO.
Wow. I disagree with nearly every one of your statements. Time will tell, I guess.

If law enforcement had enough proof to arrest a crazed lunatic that stabbed 4 people to death in their own home, in their own beds, and in their sleep in mere minutes, they wouldn't give a rat's behind about situational context. They'd get the goon off the streets.

Not to mention what a Christmas gift it would be for the suffering families, students, and the community at large if they had him behind bars.

Well, I think it would be very good Christmas present for the families if someone was arrested. MOO I don't think they would delay at all if they had suspect and proof.

I can't remember whose video I was listening to on YouTube, but they made mention that the bottom floor at one point may have been a dwelling on its own and that the other parts were an add on of sorts. That maybe the other two didn't hear anything was because it would essentially be more soundproof, like what would now be an interior wall was once an exterior wall therefore more insulation and what not. Just throwing this out there and if anyone has anything to prove/disprove this I would be interested in this info!

I've been checking the Moscow police site for today's update. Still nothing. Interesting.

~ E
Even if they put out something it will probably be nothing new, as usual. When/if they release something at an unusual time then it might be something of interest. JMO

I don’t think it’s uncommon. For example doors with the push lock or turn locks on the handle (common for bathrooms and sometimes bedrooms), you can engage the lock while the door is open then shut the door.
My closet and bedroom door both have keyed locks that I can turn the lock, step out and close the door and it is locked. I do that so my grandkids and repairmen etc have two locked doors preventing them from getting to my guns and jewelry and such. Imo.

I think one way or another, the "unconscious" report might have come from the caller not wanting to get too close to the victim. Something like this:

911: Check to see if they are breathing, etc, etc (imo!)

Roommates: Nah, this is too scary! (Imo!)

So it gets called unconscious because they couldn't check for all the specifics 911 always asks (when I call, anyway).

It could also support why only 3 of the girls were killed instead of 5, and Ethan was just collateral. But maybe the 3 girls were the support system, while the other two were not involved. Again just something I had thought of early on.
I agree about Ethan. He didn't actually live there. And I don't think the killer would have gone there if they knew a man was in the house. IMO. However, that changes for me if more info comes out he was a target. IMO.

I disagree.

Law Enforcement doesn't operate on a holiday schedule, and if it's for the sake of the families, as you suggest, it's my belief that the families would want a suspect, against whom there is evidence, to be locked up IMMEDIATELY.

There are enough cases of people being under surveillance who manage to flee, (for example, Brian Laundrie), and IMO there is no way that LE would delay an arrest if they have probable cause.

I also don't believe LE would allow the town of Moscow, and indeed the rest of the country, to live in fear for any extra and unnecessary period of time. I would think that would be unconscionable.

IMO

Is the lack of an LE update today due to the upcoming holiday? I am so used to a daily update even if there is no new information.
IMO there is no holiday break in an active homicide investigation. Perhaps there is no update because there is nothing new to say. Yes, even when there was no new information, they may have still had a "presser." They can't IMO come out everyday and say "we have no new information" without getting blasted by the media. So no update today? Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces