ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
edited to add: I see this theory was already posted….sorry for the repeat. Can’t figure out how to delete The entire post.

A theory I read that made sense to me was that one of the roommates from downstairs, phone in hand, walked up the steps to go to the kitchen. She saw a brutal, horrible scene and ran out of the house screaming. She was hysterical and unable to verbalize what she’d witnessed. She was hyperventilating and passed out, at which point someone (other room mate? Someone out that morning?) grabbed her phone and dialed 911 for her as she was unconscious, then called friends who lived close by. No one yet knew the carnage except the roommate who had passed out. Before anyone from EMS can get there, others walk in to see what had her so hysterical and discover E and X.

The theory has merit, but I suppose unless the 911 call is released, we won’t know for sure. Every report says something different.
Friends were called over and arrived prior to the 911 call. As several people at the scene were on the phone with the 911 operator during the duration of the call.

Source.

Law enforcement isn't in the business of red herrings. Likewise, why would they publicize a car that they are just wanting to 'rule out'? Particularly when they say they are confident the person or persons in this car have critical information regarding this crime. Indeed, if they were just trying to 'rule it out' and prevent a defense attorney from creating reasonable doubt, they have already created said doubt with their statement that the car was there and the occupants know something.

The car was there. It is relevant. It holds the key. It is likely the perpetrator himself.

My opinion.
Of course they are not in the business of "red herrings" and I never implied that. I believe the vehicle must be eliminated unrefutably from the suspect pool so as NOT to create the possibility of someone else, other than the person on trial, as being an uninvestigated suspect.

When you move states, should you change the plate on the car to match your new state of residence?

I'm not from the USA, my apologies.
Yes, you also have to get a new drivers license but the time you have is wildly different depending on the state.
For instance, in Massachusetts you have 6 days but in NY you have 180 days from the day you buy insurance.
In Idaho you have 90 days.

Of course they are not in the business of "red herrings" and I never implied that. I believe the vehicle must be eliminated unrefutably from the suspect pool so as NOT to create the possibility of someone else, other than the person on trial, as being an uninvestigated suspect.
That said I don't believe a back and forth discourse of either of our opinions is relevant to this case. All statements here are OPINIONS.

If the car in the gas station footage is the same as the car filmed on Linda Lane, I am concerned about the car being misidentified. I have narrowed down the car in the gas station footage to a 2nd gen Toyota Prius (in production between 2004-2009.)

I would think a 2004-2009 Toyota Prius would be easier to locate than an Elantra.

I called it in just in case.

Attachments

• 46429752-CB2A-4F33-8422-2FBB5A10B20C.jpeg
    46429752-CB2A-4F33-8422-2FBB5A10B20C.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 224A12ED-B9A7-4786-815B-5A8390F9AFFD.jpeg
    224A12ED-B9A7-4786-815B-5A8390F9AFFD.jpeg
    582.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 8C4DF96B-CC0B-4594-AE2A-1F545F03E140.jpeg
    8C4DF96B-CC0B-4594-AE2A-1F545F03E140.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 28
I think this quote is in reference to the alcohol offense that was near in time the same night as the murders, as opposed to the noise response video at the house from months before.
Ok, I thought it was referencing the alcohol offense.
[edited for clarity] In the video I posted Chief Fry is also referencing the alcohol offense.

Last edited:
I have 2 doors (front and back) that keypads with levers instead of door knobs. My doors automatically lock as soon as I close them when leaving my home. I have never ever had to do anything other than close the door.
I can't imagine that an interior bedroom lock would work that way. Get up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom, and have to punch in a code to go back to bed? Especially when you've been drinking? I think that in a case like that, most people would leave the door ajar or find a way to disable the lock.

Did LE Say UNEQUIVOCALLY "NO CONNECTION" w OTHER CASES?
The police claim there's no connect between this crime and the similar incident that occurred near Salem, Oregon last year. How they can conclude this I have no idea, since whoever committed the crime in Idaho is a completely unknown entity....
snipped for focus. @JohnBull
Respectfully, I haven’t seen (but coulda missed it) LE saying those other cases are not connected to Moscow deaths.

See quotes below from Moscow Pol-Chf. Fry and ID St Pol. Comm.-Dir. Snell.*
Their exact phrases: "...No OFFICIAL connection has been drawn." bbm
"...TOO EARLY to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.” bbm

There is a world of difference btwn "Not connected" and the above stmts.

Could you could provide an actual quote from a named LE and a link to MSM w either LE making an UNEQUIVOCAL No Connection stmt, as seems I missed it. TiA.

"….other cases, stuff that we are going to follow up on," Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday. He said his office knew about the case and was looking into it, but no official connection has been drawn between the two cases."

Re 2020 fatal stabbing case in WA, 71 y/o woman S. Ladd. TOO EARLY, per ISP Snell.
".... Aaron Snell, the communications director for the Idaho State Police, told Fox News Digital Thursday that investigators would be digging into any possible connection between the cases.
"Unequivocally, even without asking anybody, our detectives will be aware of that," he said. "They will look into the possibility that they're linked…anything that would be a remote possibility as a connection will be something that we consider."
"He said investigators had "not ruled out any idea or concept" but that it was too early to say definitively whether any of the three cases shared a connection.”
Idaho murders: Third unsolved stabbing attack resurfaces amid college slaying mystery | Fox News Nov 24

I wonder if the police haven't identified their white Hyundai already. Now they are taking info on all the OTHER white elantras in the area to eliminate them. Remember the police saying they were working for a conviction, not just an arrest. This way, after an arrest, when the defendant claims its not his Elantra, the police/prosecutor can say they already tracked down all the other possible white Elantras, and his is the only one po

Good point

Rumors and speculation

Sleuths following the University of Idaho murders investigation suggested one person’s photo of a successful hunting trip was evidence of nefarious leanings, the Associated Press reports.

They may have been unaware that hunting is a common pastime for many Idaho families and that fixed-blade knives are a basic tool for anyone who field-dresses wild game.

Others chased rumours posted to a wholly anonymous online message forum best known as a source of hoaxes, scandals and misinformation. Those rumours criticized and published personal information about various people in the Moscow area, suggesting they should be suspects.

Some even examined obituaries of other University of Idaho students who have died in the past few years in an attempt to tie them to the homicide victims, though none of the other deaths were the result of foul play.

At least one grieving family member went online to ask people to stop trying to link his child’s death to the case and to respect the family’s privacy.

Police are welcoming tips but urging people to stay focused on the information released by the police department, not guesses and rumours.

On Dr. Phil, a theory was mentioned, one of the victims on the second floor was expected someplace, and couldn't be woken up. Their car was there, and possibly the roommates were calling and could hear their phone ringing, but they didn't pick up, so they called in friends, and family to help wake them up, with no luck, so LE was called. I'm assuming that the perp locked the doors behind himself to delay the victims being found quickly, giving him time to escape town?
M00
I think it’s hard to come to conclusions because the public doesn’t have many facts. Do we know for sure how many people were at the house when D and B arrived home earlier than the others? Did someone come to the house to visit and then the residents thought they left the house when in fact they had not left? Do we know for sure what rooms everyone was sleeping? We know Kaylee and Maddie were together from Kaylee’s Dad but we don’t know for sure which room? Which room was Bethany and Dylan in? We have been told downstairs but at this point, was this from LE? Which bedroom downstairs? How many people were in and out of the house following the crime and before LE arrived? I’ve heard so many different accounts that it’s hard to decipher everything!

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends were called over and arrived prior to the 911 call. As several people at the scene were on the phone with the 911 operator during the duration of the call.

Source.
I’m starting to believe this theory - that one of the downstairs roommates saw and/or heard something suspicious before she went to bed, but it wasn’t enough to convince her to call 911.
When she woke up the next morning she remembered what she had seen and/or heard, and realized that she couldn’t get through to any of the upstairs roommates. Afraid to leave her room, she called a male friend to investigate. The friend arrived, found at least one of the murders, and yelled down to the roommate (still on the first floor) to call police.
Since the first floor roommate hadn’t yet seen the scene, she relayed information to the operator that was incorrect (an unconscious person.)
JMO but it’s a theory I heard very early on and it seems to make sense.

Last edited:
The Idaho case could absolutely have a similar motive. All of the pre-existing circumstances, as you stated, would certainly fit that theory.
It could also support why only 3 of the girls were killed instead of 5, and Ethan was just collateral. But maybe the 3 girls were the support system, while the other two were not involved. Again just something I had thought of early on.

Rather than making comments on a case they aren’t privy to, like so many experts have done, they actually are giving good advice.
This may be the worst case I’ve ever seen of social media going off the rails and attacking everyone they see any possible connection to the victims. If you are a friend of a friend on FB, they will find you and your family.
Anyone connected either talks too much or too little and someone out there has created a thread on SM why this proves they are guilty, doxxing them and also their family members for good measure.
It’s no wonder people close to this case don’t talk to the press, of course that also proves their guilt in SM land.

From your link:

Williams and Joseph Giacalone, a former New York City police officer-turned criminal justice professor, cautioned against members of the public from trying to solve this case, or draw conclusions, from their computers.

"We have a host of individuals who are playing the role of law enforcement officers and have no formal law enforcement training," Williams said.

The true-crime community "can do a lot of good," said Giacalone, now an author and adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City. "But in this case, I think we’ve seen, just, enough."

I hope the ones who are over the top get criminally charged for cyberstalking and harassment.

I’m starting to believe this theory - that one of the downstairs roommates saw or heard something suspicious before she went to bed, but it wasn’t enough to convince her to call 911.
When she woke up the next morning she remembered what she had seen, and realized that she couldn’t get through to any of the upstairs roommates. Afraid to leave her room, she called a male friend to investigate. The friend arrived, found at least one of the murders, and yelled down to the roommate (still on the first floor) to call police.
Since the first floor roommate hadn’t yet seen the scene, she relayed information to the operator that was incorrect (a unconscious person.)
JMO but it’s a theory I heard very early on and it seems to make sense.
So far, this is the only theory that makes sense to me. Would be understandable why LE would not want to release these details. And it still serves as a reasonable alibi.

I suspect he's talking about the car that's parked.

ty5wd0i.png
Yes, that would be the car mentioned in the post I responded to.
Regardless, Chief Fry stated the white car in the alcohol offense video is not the car they are looking for, so that covers any white car in that body cam video

JohnBull said:
I recall there was a white sedan similar to an Elantra across the street from where the underage drinking incident occurred at that time. It's facing east, not west, but there's a possibility it might have done a 180 somewhere along the way. It's also possible that this was the car captured on the Linda Street video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1