ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CHRIS MCDONOUGH AND THE INTERVIEW ROOM

Nothing that Chris M says is allowed on this forum unless it is backed up by law enforcement.

Chris has personally lied to me. He accused an innocent man of being Brian Laundry. He lied about being removed from the Crow lawsuit. He was removed but then put back in the lawsuit and lost. Chris told me he was removed from the lawsuit and was not sued. He never told me he was added back into the lawsuit and lost. Chris was sued for getting a false confession in the murder of Stephanie Crow.
I could go on but suffice it to say anything he says is not allowed. Even if it is in mainstream media.

Again only if what he said is backed up by an actual law enforcement source.

Here is the documentation on the Crow lawsuit
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling from 2010 which overrules Dougie's decision from 2004.

Retired judge slams Crowe case

"A federal trial judge in San Diego dismissed the bulk of the civil rights suit in 2004. But six years later, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals revived the lawsuit, finding that Escondido police violated the civil rights of Crowe and his friends during “hours of grueling, psychologically abusive interrogations.”

The above links come from a great YouTube creator called Scientific Skeptic. If you go to this video there are more links describing the interrogation tools used by Chris and others in the Crow case,

Because Chris mistakenly named the wrong man on my YouTube channel and never told me to take down the false information I made this apology video when I discovered what happened,
Here is the apology video I had to make because of what Chris said on my Livestream.

The glove that Chris found was not there on the day of the Moscow Idaho murders

The MOB Crew has a great video showing the ground the day of the killing where the glove was found later in the month. On that day the glove was not there. Go to @2:35 of this video

I am not suggesting Chris did not legitimately find the glove. Just showing you it has nothing to do with the case. I will be shocked if Chris updates the story about the glove.

For those of you who know me this is an extremely unusual step for me to take. This is how strongly I feel. I was lied to but more importantly, because of Chris' actions, people's lives were threatened in the Summer Wells case.

Please do not discuss this post on this thread. If you have any questions please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com

Tricia

The thread will reopen in about an hour to give members time to read the following and "Like" the post to indicate you have read and understood.

The following is not allowed:

Sleuthing or encouraging sleuthing individuals who are not officially named POIs and are not suspects at this time

Generalized bashing of or attempts to discredit LE or make insinuations/accusations about them when members have no knowledge of what LE has or has not done, what they know or do not know

Insinuations about a potential attempt at cover-up by the U of I is not based on any known fact, is wild speculation and is off limits

Members can not bring “comments” by the general public into this discussion. They are considered rumor and your post will be removed and member may face a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

NO LINK, NO POST !! Even screenshots require a link.

“Opinion articles” are not allowed. Members are encouraged to form their own opinions based on what we know via MSM or LE, scholarly or other approved sources, not based on opinions of thousands of others throughout the WWW.

Hyper-focusing or nit-picking and bickering about things that don’t matter .. i.e. if someone uses a word that you think should have been another word. Scroll and roll and roll your eyes in the privacy of your home .. no need for everything that goes through your head to end up on your keyboard.

New members MUST read The Rules of this site that they agreed to upon registering at Websleuths. Ignorance of our law is no excuse ;)

Once again, a reminder to "Like" this post to indicate you have read and understood the above.

Thanks everyone.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

The Report feature is for members to alert us to violations of Websleuths Terms of Service, not to have us fact-checking all the minute details of every single case. WS has hundreds of alerts that our very few volunteer staff have to stick-handle every single day. We can not possibly know all the minute details of every case, and we do not have time to correct misinformation that may crop up in the various threads.

While rumors are a violation of TOS, simple misinformation or a misstatement of fact is not. If misinformation creeps into the thread, please just correct it on the thread through respectful discussion, supported by links to the correct details.

Also a reminder that, as part of victimology, discussion of KNOWN victim behavior as fact is fine as long as it isn’t accompanied with judgmental commentary or negative connotation or negative speculation that constitutes victim shaming or blaming (i.e. drugs or other illegal activity is not a KNOWN and is not allowed).

And please forego the virtual signalling. The discussion isn’t about us or our own perfect values.

Thanks !!

ADMIN NOTE:

Folks, it is only member speculation that these killings could be the work of a serial killer.

Please leave Bundy and the rest of that mottley crew out of this discussion until/unless LE indicates there could be a SK at work here.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

The "public's right to know" discussion has derailed this thread for pages now. That is a social justice issue (which will never be solved via discussion at Websleuths) ... when the actual topic of this discussion is the tragic killing of 4 young adults.

Move on to discuss the actual case.

Thank you.

<modsnip - quotes post was removed for commenting on the discussion rather than on the case>

It's difficult to form an opinion based on the very few facts that we know about this case. LE has everyone looking for a Elantra that may or may not contain a suspect, or fleeing witnesses who are terrified to come forward.
2 victims seen on surveillance videos.
LE asking for a timeline on 2 victims.
Coroner stated 4 victims were killed with a straight knife while sleeping.
Did I miss anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Moscow Police Chief defends investigation.

"As of Monday, federal agents assigned to the investigation, based in Moscow — in addition to Salt Lake City and Virginia — outnumbered the combined city and state resources by roughly 20 law enforcement personnel. The individual agency staffing numbers were left off Tuesday’s daily public update."

That's an impressive amount of resources, IMO

As time goes by, I'm becoming more and more connvinced that this is the work of a dangerous psychopath. The simple solutions seem to have failed to pan out for LE. It could be a serial killer, it could be a one-off. Whatever it is, I hope they catch him soon. The victims and their families deserve justice. And we deserve to feel safe in our beds at night.

Mods, sorry if I am stepping out of line here. Snip as needed.
Just an observation:
We are all mods, of sorts. Try to moderate your own posts so the real mods don't have to waste their time doing it. We all have different views and opinions, that's what make these discussions varied and rich. Nothing can be learned in an echo chamber. Express your opinions carefully, with respect and kindness, so your posts can remain and we can all be enriched by them.

As time goes by, I'm becoming more and more connvinced that this is the work of a dangerous psychopath. The simple solutions seem to have failed to pan out for LE. It could be a serial killer, it could be a one-off. Whatever it is, I hope they catch him soon. The victims and their families deserve justice. And we deserve to feel safe in our beds at night.

Just an observation:
We are all mods, of sorts. Try to moderate your own posts so the real mods don't have to waste their time doing it. We all have different views and opinions, that's what make these discussions varied and rich. Nothing can be learned in an echo chamber. Express your opinions carefully, with respect and kindness, so your posts can remain and we can all be enriched by them.
I agree in a way. If the killer had been someone known to the victims, a stalker, or someone they had an argument with, it seems those dots would have already been connected. So I am starting to think this was someone more outside of their circle, and maybe got pretty lucky in not leaving a lot of evidence behind.

I agree in a way. If the killer had been someone known to the victims, a stalker, or someone they had an argument with, it seems those dots would have already been connected. So I am starting to think this was someone more outside of their circle, and maybe got pretty lucky in not leaving a lot of evidence behind.
It is still possible that they suspect someone from the inner circle but need more evidence to absolutely secure an arrest and conviction.

I recall reading a book on the Skylar Neese case, and although law enforcement suspected her 2 close friends early on, I was shocked to see what a long drawn out process it was to finally arrest them.

From what I know, a lot of police work is simply gathering information...interviewing people on the list, canvassing the neighborhood, etc. However, how the investigation is organized and controlled and what leads are prioritized can be an all consuming process.

There is nobody more interested and focused on solving the case as the local law enforcement. They sometimes want to jump to conclusions and run with it but must must slow down and make sure they have everything in order and corroborated. Having the state police and FBI joining in is a double edged sword... the tools they bring to the table are just incredible. But the requests for further gathering of information to support those new avenues of pursuit just add to the workload.

Having said that, if this can be solved... I believe this team will do it.

Everyone on the local team has got to be exhausted and just plowing onward. They want this solved more than anyone.

Just an observation:
I agree that this person is extremely dangerous, I wouldn't want to meet up with him! Hopefully the FBI'S assistance will help solve this crime. They are definitely the experts in the U.S.

Video: It's been over 5 weeks since the Idaho student killings. Victim's father shares why he's still hopeful | CNN

The thread is moving way too fast for me...but I posted and I should have EDITED it:

Not everyone has a conscience though. Psychopaths do not feel empathy or remorse like normal people do. They are hardwired differently.

Yes, psychopaths can feel some empathy but it takes a cold-blooded killer to stab to death four people and NOT feel any remorse. But we won't know until they catch the killer if they are guilt-ridden with remorse or feel justified or feel nothing at all.
So far they haven't turned themselves in so...we wait.

It is still possible that they suspect someone from the inner circle but need more evidence to absolutely secure an arrest and conviction.

I recall reading a book on the Skylar Neese case, and although law enforcement suspected her 2 close friends early on, I was shocked to see what a long drawn out process it was to finally arrest them.
I believe this is someone intimately involved with at least one of the victims. I also disagree with the statement that the killer is male. With four intoxicated, sleeping victims who are stabbed in their sleep, a strong female with a lot of rage could accomplish the murders. Many females have strong upper body strength such as swimmers, truck drivers, ect.

JMO

I was shocked to see what a long drawn out process it was to finally arrest them.
(respectfully snipped for brevity)

definitely, you don't want to compromise anything at trial. I do tend to also think that the longer it goes on with no arrest the more likely it is that the perp isn't someone close to any of them. But that could just not be true. Evidence gathering has to be thorough and that can take a LONG time.

*MOO*

Video: It's been over 5 weeks since the Idaho student killings. Victim's father shares why he's still hopeful | CNN
this interview gave me zero confidence. Poor SG looks exhausted.

I am hopeful too. I saw a few threads ago that someone suggested re-reading the early reporting. I went back to the New York Times on Nov 14, 2022. I think the mayor was being as accurate, forthright and careful when he stated the following:

"Art Bettge, the mayor of Moscow, Idaho, said in an interview that the authorities were still investigating what had transpired but that the case was being treated as a homicide. He said the authorities did not believe that there was a “perceivable danger to the broader public,” but he declined to say how the victims had been killed or whether a suspect was at large.

“With a crime of this magnitude, it’s very difficult to work through,” Mr. Bettge said, adding that the police needed time to piece together what had transpired. “The overall assessment is that it’s a crime of passion,” he said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli