ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this was done by a serial killer. The police probably have the killer's DNA by now, and they are not linking it to any other murders. A serial killer would have killed before. This appears to be a first-time killing, at least according to some of the profilers. I would guess the motive is rage/revenge. The police have said this was a "targeted killing," with an unusual degree of rage directed at KG, which suggests that the killer knew the victims. If he was comfortable entering the house and shutting the dog in a room, I would guess he had probably been to the house before. I have to wonder how many young men (the perp was probably male, given the strength required to commit the murders) knew the victims well enough to have some kind of beef with them AND drove a 2011-2013 white Hyundai Elantra? I would think the pool of possible suspects must be fairly small ...
Here’s a thought regarding rage or revenge. Does anyone in KG’s circle of friends know exactly whom she has been with romantically? Maddie would have, but is there anyone else in her circle of friends and family that would know every encounter she’s had? The reason I ask is rejection could also be the motivation for rage and revenge. Maybe she had a one time only encounter with someone and they felt spurned and couldn’t get over it.

This is also my theory: BBM
It came to a head that night.
"If it was revenge, it could have been anything, but my first hunch is that a narcissistic incel fantasized a relationship with one of the girls and then decided to punish her for rejecting or ignoring him."

JMO

I agree but Ted Bundy was a Power/Sexual Sadist but still was drunk during his violent crimes.

Last edited:
A brother was murdered. How would your code have dealt with that?
That question looks at a fraternity too holistically.

My point is not that an entire fraternity would cover up a murder, but that I wouldn’t be completely surprised if only one or two fraternity brothers who were very very close made a decision to cover for another member.

And I am speaking to more than just a fraternal bond - it also deals with individual character and morality. I just believe that a strong bond combined with a weaker moral code could be a cocktail that could result in something like that - when either the bond or poor moral code would not if mutually exclusive.

Its strange to me that these are somewhat party girls (nothing wrong with that, young in college and keeping up their grades, good for them) K has been gone a a couple of weeks, she is graduating, heading to Europe, starting a her career 2k miles away, new car to show off, leaving her lifelong BFF behind, students are about to take the holidays off. This is her last Hooray as a collage student. Why no party at the house? Why were they not hitting the party circuit Saturday night and saying her goodbyes? They went to the Corner Club and were extremely casual, they didnt get dolled up and dressed real pretty as the have in the past. Wonder why on kinda a special occasion it was such a bland Saturday night for K&M?
I believe it was mentioned by K's mom that she went back to attend a sorority party Friday night. maybe she said her goodbyes then.

JMO

Question :

What is the proper term for the first kill of a serial killer. They all start somewhere correct? They have to kill the first time before the second etc.
Or is mixer label changed later? What is the official length of the ‘cooling off period’?

Just curious. Thank you in advance to the answer if there is one. This is NOT a riddle. I’m really asking the question.

I don't think this was done by a serial killer. The police probably have the killer's DNA by now, and they are not linking it to any other murders. A serial killer would have killed before. This appears to be a first-time killing, at least according to some of the profilers. I would guess the motive is rage/revenge. The police have said this was a "targeted killing," with an unusual degree of rage directed at KG, which suggests that the killer knew the victims. If he was comfortable entering the house and shutting the dog in a room, I would guess he had probably been to the house before. I have to wonder how many young men (the perp was probably male, given the strength required to commit the murders) knew the victims well enough to have some kind of beef with them AND drove a 2011-2013 white Hyundai Elantra? I would think the pool of possible suspects must be fairly small ..
"with an unusual degree of rage directed at KG"
The police have said no such thing.

October FB post:

"People found a Facebook post from Goncalves in October where she was reportedly looking for a roommate in Austin."

“looking for A roommate to move in with me from February to June. I am coming from Idaho so I am not familiar with the area so open to living anywhere in the Austin area. I am a 21 year old girl with a really sweet 20 pound dog. If anyone is looking for a place from February to June in Austin let me know!,” the post reads.

Might be me, but KG's parents acted like her ex and her could be back together anytime soon. Doubt she was feeling the same.

Perhaps they will transfer to another University of Idaho campus, that might make it easier.
Do they even have another U of I campus? I've not seen any indication they have locations beyond Moscow, but I may be wrong. Even if they do, it's not a guarantee that they could complete their degrees there. I attended a university with 3 different campuses, and they offered completely different programs. It wasn't a given that you could just transfer to another one and complete your program seamlessly. MOO

Hopefully they are all given the option to complete their degrees online. I can't imagine them wanting to go back there.
I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to go back, but I am not sure the university would give them the option to do that. My understanding is his siblings were sophomores, so they have a couple of years ahead of them, not just a semester, to complete their degrees. I know the university is allowing students to finish this semester remotely and may well be okay with allowing that to continue into the spring if nobody is arrested. But I am not sure they'd allow someone to continue being remote-exclusive until 2025 or so. If they do want to transfer, it would be easier to do that now as sophomores or freshmen than it would be farther along in their college career. MOO

Just in general, I am curious if the murders are going to cause a sizeable number of students to transfer out or not.

Last edited:
October FB post:

"People found a Facebook post from Goncalves in October where she was reportedly looking for a roommate in Austin."

“looking for A roommate to move in with me from February to June. I am coming from Idaho so I am not familiar with the area so open to living anywhere in the Austin area. I am a 21 year old girl with a really sweet 20 pound dog. If anyone is looking for a place from February to June in Austin let me know!,” the post reads.

Here's a twist did a stalker from Texas follow her home to assault her?
Plan a SA then ended up killing her and her roommates instead? It's a reach but sounds like she was meeting strangers in Texas looking for roommates which opens up doors to creeps.

Question :

What is the proper term for the first kill of a serial killer. They all start somewhere correct? They have to kill the first time before the second etc.
Or is mixer label changed later? What is the official length of the ‘cooling off period’?

Just curious. Thank you in advance to the answer if there is one. This is NOT a riddle. I’m really asking the question.
*Murder label.. not mixer label.. my phone isn’t behaving ! It thinks it’s smarter than me and changes words! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153