ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the murders were committed by someone known to the victims(such as a romantic interest) or anyone who knew the inside of the house and which person lived in which room, then I have a question.

Ethan Chapin was the only one who did not live at the house at some point. Why would the "other two" victims be killed if the killer was there for a specific person and knew which room each of them slept in?
Maybe killer was confronted by one or two of the victims? Also, it would seem reasonable that on a weekend night guests of roommates may stay over, unless there was some sort of stict no guest policy. So, I would think killer knew who was staying at house that night. I think the target was 3rd floor and 2nd floor woke up or made some sort of noise that caused killer to attack 2nd floor victims.

Thinking that myself as well about killer using K & M's phone to make the calls. Most people have passcodes, face recognition, or lock screens. So, if the killer did use their phone, they would have had to either take hostage their phones while they were alive and coherent or hold up phones to their faces for face recognition while they were deceased. Very creepy and extra work, for what? IMO MOO
Yeah, not to mention that family members said in multiple interviews that the repeated phone calls were completely in character.

Revelry and a series of phone calls
“She [AG] said that her sister frequently called people late at night — and often kept calling until they picked up — even if to ask a mundane question like what she ought to have for a meal.”

Does this killer have any remorse at all? Did they do it for the thrill? Did they try to send a broader message (no manifesto that we know of)? Do they believe they fulfilled personal revenge? Are they riddled with guilt for the victims that weren't the intended target?

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

IMO, the killer would have some sort of cuts. Maybe a hitman (who was familar with the roommate activities and party actvities at the house) hired the killer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe killer was confronted by one or two of the victims? Also, it would seem reasonable that on a weekend night guests of roommates may stay over, unless there was some sort of stict no guest policy. So, I would think killer knew who was staying at house that night. I think the target was 3rd floor and 2nd floor woke up or made some sort of noise that caused killer to attack 2nd floor victims.
Judging from the information we have from the police and the coroner, it seems that all victims were initially attacked in their beds, so likely asleep when the attacks began. Some of them were found outside their beds, so probably woke up during the attack and tried to escape/defend themselves. So the evidence does not support the view that the attacks on one floor woke up the occupants of another.

1. The House

1.1 The house is very exposed with elevated viewing from the rear with open fences.

1.2 A person can view the occupants from the elevated position through bedroom windows from different angles.

1.3 The rear provides for rear parking in a public carpark overlooking the house, even with no good reason to be there.

1.4 The house has roads further back that provide escape by vehicle if pursued on foot. Many escape routes

1.5 The house is full of young unmarried desirable university girls

1.6 The house is a relatively notorious high profile party house

This house is a pervert stalkers dream house imo

1122 King Rd

The Car

2. While police have requested person(s) that were in the area on the night with a 2011-2013 2.1 Elantra to come forward, this is common of police without implying guilt. Police have only released a stock image of the car they want info about.

2.2 The vehicle is a non descript white vehicle with no apparent unique markings, confused with several different similar models, often used by criminals in crimes to evade police due to the numbers of the car on the road.

2.3 A service station attendant has released a phone camera, image of a computer screen image of a security camera image of a vehicle in the time frame, near the crime, speeding past the service station fitting the vehicle description.

2.3 The gas station car is interesting as it is plain jane, with what appears to be dark tinted windows to avoid identifying the occupants. The rest of the car is stock. This suggests premeditated evasion of police.

*Do note, the security camera timestamp could be one hour out due to daylight saving

The Knife

3.1 The knife police reportedly enquired about has specifically a single purpose. To kill. The knife style is purely designed for stabbing without snapping.

3.2 If the reports of police requests about the knife are true, the knife is as common as white Hyundai Elantras.

This also suggests premeditation and police evasion.

On the surface, this would appear a premeditated crime with well versed police evasion imoo

-AIMOO-

*reference coming

Last edited:
How likely is it that the murders stemmed from earlier events that day (or even hours before) as opposed to being planned in advance? IMO the killer would not enter the house well prepared (e.g. wearing protective attire) if it was a spur of the moment decision, born out of rage. It was also established that the girls weren't followed home from the club, so a stranger they just met that day is not as likely.

Judging from the information we have from the police and the coroner, it seems that all victims were initially attacked in their beds, so likely asleep when the attacks began. Some of them were found outside their beds, so probably woke up during the attack and tried to escape/defend themselves. So the evidence does not support the view that the attacks on one floor woke up the occupants of another.
BBM:

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

This case has passed the six week mark and we don't know a whole lot more than we did after the first week. Sure there has been some media drop and we have learned of things from the families, but nothing from LE, other than the car. So what does that mean? I realize the LE has no obligation to release any info and that is fine. The integrity of the case is important. So from where I stand the silence from LE could mean a couple of things. One, LE has a direction they are heading and a possible suspect in their sights. Two, LE has nothing and are struggling to find a direction. It could be some kind of combination of both. They could have a suspect but are struggling to put the pieces together. I guess time will tell. Hopefully this case will be solved sooner than later.

How likely is it that the murders stemmed from earlier events that day (or even hours before) as opposed to being planned in advance? IMO the killer would not enter the house well prepared (e.g. wearing protective attire) if it was a spur of the moment decision, born out of rage. It was also established that the girls weren't followed home from the club, so a stranger they just met that day is not as likely.

For example, say police have no DNA of the perpetrator.

Does that sound like a crime of passion?

AIMOO

This case has passed the six week mark and we don't know a whole lot more than we did after the first week. Sure there has been some media drop and we have learned of things from the families, but nothing from LE, other than the car. So what does that mean? I realize the LE has no obligation to release any info and that is fine. The integrity of the case is important. So from where I stand the silence from LE could mean a couple of things. One, LE has a direction they are heading and a possible suspect in their sights. Two, LE has nothing and are struggling to find a direction. It could be some kind of combination of both. They could have a suspect but are struggling to put the pieces together. I guess time will tell. Hopefully this case will be solved sooner than later.
He explains it pretty well. They're not releasing a lot of information because of the jury. Fry also seem to suggest that they are still waiting on DNA.

I don’t think homicide detectives are concerned with giving us things to explore. Jmo
Several ex FBI profilers have provided their profile readings on multiple social media and news outlets, all different, social media sleuths are being kept busy naming the guilty based on those presumed profiles.
Obviously with so many contrasting theories by profilers it’s not a sure science but the FBI doesn’t keep a database showing success and failure rates.
Several studies have been done, most by universities, their results support my opinion that it’s not scientifically sound.
The problem with profiling’s effect on investigators is creating tunnel vision, the problem of profiling’s effect on the public is inspiring a mob mentality.

Facing the Beltway snipers, profilers were dead wrong
The Beltway Snipers weren’t white guys in a light van or truck, aged 20’s-30’s, local to Maryland with menial jobs or recently fired who would “go out in a blaze of glory” as the FBI profiled them. They were Black guys, 41 and 17, long time unemployed drifters with no ties to the area, carrying a WA drivers license and driving an old blue caprice sedan with NJ tags, arrested without a struggle sleeping in their car. They had been stopped 10 times during the crimes, (including once at a local rest stop just 2 hours before killing more people), and were let go by police because they didn’t fit the FBI profile.
During Atlanta's Centennial Olympic Park bombing, Richard Jewell had a profile especially conformed to fit him when in reality, all he did was to try and help people, he won a lawsuit after his life was destroyed.
Dr. Steven Hatfill is still plagued by fitting the FBI profile of the "Anthrax Killer." The DOJ focused the media on him, kept him under surveillance, searched his house, and cost him his university teaching position before AG Ashcroft turned around and announced he was never a suspect.

Seattle Times
Police net catches the wrong man
Police spent years surveilling taxi driver and ambulance medic Melvin Foster for the Green River murders because he fit the FBI profile, he also failed a polygraph (also not reliable science) because he confused names of women he had driven in his taxi while Gary Ridgeway passed his polygraph and continued to kill women for over two decades.
People don’t want to believe this because of CSI and fictional TV shows that tell them something different.

In a statement yesterday, LE said they have no suspect.

Something that alarmed me was the body cam videos from the pd. The sheer wildness of that house could make a neighbor lose their mind. It obviously made a neighbor call the police in frustration.

Returning home around 1:55am, ate Carbonara- box placed on top trash bin at patio sliding door, then falling asleep in 3rd floor bedroom by 2:26am? Would seem more realistic imo that the killings were done after 3AM. I think that at the first call, 2:26am, both Maddie and Kaylee were in the bed and fell asleep maybe made final calls. <modsnip>

just re bit in bold

do you mean this box? ( I didn't take much - notice at the time - of the boxes that the Grub Truck were using although the boxes are in shot during the full Twitch stream. Maybe you're right - that could be the actual box - even tho there's a ton of untidy food containers already in the kitchen. )

pasting the link just because there's not a lot of new stuff which hasn't already been rehashed & because it relates to the slider door

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM:

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

There is a difference between somebody being attacked in their bed and being killed in their bed. The official police report states that all four victims were likely attacked while in bed. Some media reports erroneously concluded from this that they must have been killed in their beds. Cathy Mabbutt was correcting this misconception, but as far as I know she has not contradicted the police report which says the attacks on the victims began while they were in bed.

I'm confident there will be an arrest in the near future.

I'm confident LE is running interference with the media, and know who the suspect is.

DNA results, social media from local people in the know, and loose lips will solve this crime.

'Part of the timeline that they are looking for more information on is retracing the steps of Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle.

Originally, they were believed to have been at the party for about an hour.

"we're still building that picture, building that timeline,” Captain Dahlinger said.

Captain Dahlinger says the information that the couple was at the Sigma Chi fraternity party the entire night until they returned to the King Road home at 1:45 a.m. is unofficial information and not confirmed by Moscow Police.

"We haven't officially come out and said anything solid on that particular timeframe,” Captain Dahlinger said.'

BBM. Interesting they're 'still building that timeline.' 6 weeks later.

MPD has not confirmed couple's timeline before returning home

I'm confident there will be an arrest in the near future.

I'm confident LE is running interference with the media, and know who the suspect is.

DNA results, social media from local people in the know, and loose lips will solve this crime.
So you think LE are deliberately lying by saying they have no suspect? Why are you so confident about this? It sounds more like wishful thinking…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974