ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The website of the City of Moscow Idaho (City Hall) includes all Police statements and updates:

Who owns the house? Any hinky guys associated with the house? Man, though, I wouldn't want to be the owner of that house. Feel bad for them going forward.
Sounds like it is owned and managed by a property company.
<snipped>

The house where four University of Idaho students were murdered on Nov. 13, located off campus near the university's Greek Row homes, was rented out to the victims and their roommates on June 5, according to Team Idaho Property Management Supervisor MM.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ouse-where-4-students-were-killed/ar-AA14hxJP

Could they just be saying they're not suspects so they think they're in the clear but they're actually not?
That is always a possibility, for strategic reasons, but for the purpose of WS TOS, I’m afraid it doesn’t make a difference (sorry, I’d rather we have the thread open today; it was closed for several hours for clean-up, etc., yesterday and it sucked).

"REVEALED: Two female Idaho students among four killed phoned mystery man called 'Jack' ten times minutes before they were slaughtered - as detective reveals one had a stalker and two housemates locked themselves in rooms due to 'noisy party'

Kaylee Goncalvez, 21, Madison Mogen, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20, were allegedly stabbed to death at their home near campus between 3am and 4am

Kaylee's sister, Alivea Goncalvez, has now revealed that her sibling and Madison had started making calls to a person named 'Jack' between the hours of 2.36am and 2.52am on the night of the massacre

Former LAPD detective Mark Fuhrman, who had notably worked on the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman in the OJ Simpson murder case now lives in Idaho and says Kaylee had a stalker

Photos on social media posted by Kaylee show her with a young man named Jack, however it is unclear whether this is the same person she and Madison had been calling

County Coroner Cathy Mabbut described the killings as 'personal' - the victims were found in their beds"

According to Inside Addition article J was the boyfriend of one of the girls. Unfortunately Inside Addition even reveals his last name - article linked. IMO it’s not weird for her to be calling her boyfriend frantically…what I am wondering is if she left a VM.

That is where their rooms were located but I don't think I've read anything that says they were both down in their rooms when responding officers arrived to the house after the 911 call.
I just hope the 2 other roommates didn't have to walk by the crime scene to get out of the house. It would be bad enough to be told what happened without having the image of your murdered friends etched in your brain.

I was looking at the police logs from tht night someone posted in the last thread. Looks like there was a dog loose and picked up that morning by animal control. I wonder if it's possible that the killer came in before everyone got home. Left the door open, the dog escaped. So when the girls got home, the dog was MIA and they started frantically calling J to come help find him? Or alternatively the dog ran off after they let him out? I'm completely convinced the girls were awake when this all started if that's a case. As a dog parent, I'd never be able to fall asleep if my dog was out late at night.

My opinion/theory/thinking only as always
What logs are you referencing? Do you have a link?

Entrance?
My front door has a code to enter. Rental properties often have such door locks as you can reset them, cheaper than changing locks between renters.
That would imply it was someone they knew- if they entered the front door using the code.

Also Sliding patio doors are not terribly secure, we always kept a wooden stick in the track.
If the dog was found outside, they could have been interrupted while letting the dog out when they returned home?

If it is an obvious connected perp it has been long enough, they should Be focusing in on them. In my opinion this may be crime of opportunity, unrelated or unknown to them
Their front door appeared to have a slider lock or keypad. Whoever did this, I feel, had it in for one or more people in that home (the victims may not have even known this). This was beyond just stabbing someone when blood leaks out down the home's exterior walls. Seasoned officers said they'd never seen a crime like this. Moscow Idaho is not exactly a large town and appears to be a college town. I hope this is an approved link, I've used them in other WS forums. Blood oozes from home where four Idaho students were killed
Can anyone from the US explain gun laws/access to guns in the state of Idaho. IMO the fact the perp(s) used a knife instead of a gun, in a country where guns are widely accessible, is interesting. A gun with a silencer (even an improvised one) would be less gruesome, quicker, and easier to commit four murders.

It potentially suggests the perp(s) have a fascination with violence and gore and possibly that they were younger than the legal age to own a gun, so instead opted for a large knife, which I assume is much easier to get your hands on. Either way I think this looks like an act of opportunity IMO, but likely someone who is or was familiar with the area as a student long ago, possibly regularly looks through dorm windows, a peeping tom of sorts, broken into homes before and had escalating behaviour.

Note: The reason I say perp(s) is because there may have been more than one involved, with one taking each floor and then leaving together, as others have pointed out four victims in such a short space of time is a lot and as there was no known sexual motive, which would typically be committed alone with the victim. There is also the incel angle, which has a loose sexual motive of wanting to kill pretty girls and possibly men who are associated with them.
Idaho laws re; firearms are pretty lax. Idaho gun laws

I was looking at the police logs from tht night someone posted in the last thread. Looks like there was a dog loose and picked up that morning by animal control. I wonder if it's possible that the killer came in before everyone got home. Left the door open, the dog escaped. So when the girls got home, the dog was MIA and they started frantically calling J to come help find him? Or alternatively the dog ran off after they let him out? I'm completely convinced the girls were awake when this all started if that's a case. As a dog parent, I'd never be able to fall asleep if my dog was out late at night.

My opinion/theory/thinking only as always
I really like this theory, my only question is wouldn’t the girls downstairs have heard that type of commotion? If vsco is accurate time wise, the 2 surviving girls were up until 1, or at least one of them was. So if the killer was in the house right before the murder there’s a good chance he would’ve heard the two on the lowest floor. Just my thoughts though and your theory does make sense, maybe the girls were playing music and couldn’t hear. Those 2 surviving are definitely key. If this truly was a rampage killer he would’ve definitely tried every single door in that house. IMO

Can anyone from the US explain gun laws/access to guns in the state of Idaho. IMO the fact the perp(s) used a knife instead of a gun, in a country where guns are widely accessible, is interesting. A gun with a silencer (even an improvised one) would be less gruesome, quicker, and easier to commit four murders.

It potentially suggests the perp(s) have a fascination with violence and gore and possibly that they were younger than the legal age to own a gun, so instead opted for a large knife, which I assume is much easier to get your hands on. Either way I think this looks like an act of opportunity IMO, but likely someone who is or was familiar with the area as a student long ago, possibly regularly looks through dorm windows, a peeping tom of sorts, broken into homes before and had escalating behaviour.

Note: The reason I say perp(s) is because there may have been more than one involved, with one taking each floor and then leaving together, as others have pointed out four victims in such a short space of time is a lot and as there was no known sexual motive, which would typically be committed alone with the victim. There is also the incel angle, which has a loose sexual motive of wanting to kill pretty girls and possibly men who are associated with them.

Interesting you mentioned this. This guy was talking about this, (paraphrasing here) - that maybe he didn’t have a gun, couldn’t get his hands on one, so as a mass shooter would use a gun, this guy used a knife:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight