ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the police logs from tht night someone posted in the last thread. Looks like there was a dog loose and picked up that morning by animal control. I wonder if it's possible that the killer came in before everyone got home. Left the door open, the dog escaped. So when the girls got home, the dog was MIA and they started frantically calling J to come help find him? Or alternatively the dog ran off after they let him out? I'm completely convinced the girls were awake when this all started if that's a case. As a dog parent, I'd never be able to fall asleep if my dog was out late at night.

My opinion/theory/thinking only as always
If the loose dog was indeed Murphy, my opinion is that the sliding door was left open when the killer left and the dog could have wandered outside after the murders

I really like this theory, my only question is wouldn’t the girls downstairs have heard that type of commotion? If vsco is accurate time wise, the 2 surviving girls were up until 1, or at least one of them was. So if the killer was in the house right before the murder there’s a good chance he would’ve heard the two on the lowest floor. Just my thoughts though and your theory does make sense, maybe the girls were playing music and couldn’t hear. Those 2 surviving are definitely key. If this truly was a rampage killer he would’ve definitely tried every single door in that house. IMO

Or something spooked the perp out. Ted Bundy did not kill Kathy Kleiner and Karen Chandler during the Chi Omega massacre only because one of the sorority sisters was returning to her place late and when her car passed by the house, the headlights hit the window of Karen&Kathy room. That made Bundy, who already started to hit the girls, to stop and flee the house. So maybe there was some sudden noise nearby, that spooked the perpetrator

According to Inside Addition article J was the boyfriend of one of the girls. Unfortunately Inside Addition even reveals his last name - article linked. IMO it’s not weird for her to be calling her boyfriend frantically…what I am wondering is if she left a VM.

According to Inside Addition article J was the boyfriend of one of the girls. Unfortunately Inside Addition even reveals his last name - article linked. IMO it’s not weird for her to be calling her boyfriend frantically…what I am wondering is if she left a VM.

I believe you are confusing boyfriends.

Madison's boyfriend's name is mentioned in the Inside Edition article. (She was supposed to be spending Thanksgiving with JS's family)

The one who was called from Kaylee's/Madison'ss phone just before the murders, was someone named "J”. And I believe we have seen that Kaylee has an ex-boyfriend named ”J”. But I don't think we have an absolute certainty that they were calling the ex-boyfriend.

Last edited by a moderator:
BAU

From MoscowDPD facebook page

The Moscow Police Department is utilizing assistance from the Idaho State Police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Latah County Sheriff’s Office.
Moscow Police Department:
• 4 Detectives
• 24 Patrol Officers
• 5 Support Staff
Federal Bureau of In Investigators:
• 22 investigators in Moscow
• 20 assigned agents located out of Treasure Valley, ID, Salt Lake City, Utah, and West Virginia
• 2 Behavior Analysis Unit
Idaho State Police:
• 20 investigators
• 15 troopers
• Public Information Officer
• ISP Forensics Services and mobile crime scene team
• 15 uniformed troopers to assist with community patrols
WV?

What MassGuy shared with me earlier. Makes sense :):
“About the CJIS Division
The FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division, or CJIS, is a high-tech hub in the hills of West Virginia that provides a range of state of-the-art tools and services to law enforcement, national security and intelligence community partners, and the general public”

So they were all stabbed in the chest while they were sleeping in bed is that correct from what I have seen reported?

This reminds me of Ted Bundy when he snuck into the sorority house and murders those young ladies in Florida. So we looking at a serial killer hear possibly?

Has it been reported if there was any sign of forced entry? How did the person get in? I thought I read something earlier about a sliding glass door was it. Was the door broken into and damaged or simply not locked?

Has it been reported if there was any sign of forced entry? How did the person get in? I thought I read something earlier about a sliding glass door was it. Was the door broken into and damaged or simply not locked?
As far as I remember there were no signs of forced entry. It is possible though that someone might forgot to lock the sliding door on the second floor.

I felt the need to comment on the knife they have showed a bit because possibly speaking to local dealers may not give any clues. I have 2 ka-bars. I’ve had them for years, with the emblem and sheath on them and everything. And I ordered them directly from ka bar and through the mail, they came really quickly and if I remember correctly they used UPS. I hope that’s an avenue they are exploring because it’s really easy to buy online and there isn’t any approval process or like with ammo, any ffl tracking.
I can totally understand how the knife can be used in this capacity by just holding it, it holds comfortably and stable. The hilt is very slightly bent and that will prevent a reasonable amount of slippage, definitely not in all circumstances like this one though. The handle has groves in it for grip too. I have not used it violently but I don’t think it would be an issue for me, especially with minimal knife combat skills and I think it would be a great weapon to have in a situation where I needed to defend myself. The edge is very sharp and it holds well. These knives are well made and I actually feel safe with it tbh. I’ll be honest, mine is for protection and I will carry it if I go in the woods too because i see it as a decent survival knife if need be.
Back in the military it was kind of a status symbol to have a ka bar. A lot of the guys had them and basically just strapped to their legs and never used. I cringe to think this knife was used in these horrible murders.

Entrance?
My front door has a code to enter. Rental properties often have such door locks as you can reset them, cheaper than changing locks between renters.
That would imply it was someone they knew- if they entered the front door using the code.

Also Sliding patio doors are not terribly secure, we always kept a wooden stick in the track.
If the dog was found outside, they could have been interrupted while letting the dog out when they returned home?

If it is an obvious connected perp it has been long enough, they should Be focusing in on them. In my opinion this may be crime of opportunity, unrelated or unknown to them
Thrill killing?

Roughly my area where I lived most of my life, graduated from WSU, been there many times.

Right now having no inside info, but the one thing that's driving my crazy and hasn't been mentioned at all on any yt video, any news cast, any random comments

Ethan and the partner were confirmed at the Frat party until 10 local time, then confirmed to "all be at home" at 1:45 am.

So where's the massive Gap in the timeline?

It's on the new timeline map you have all seen by now

I can’t emphasize enough how much this occurring the week before Thanksgiving is impacting this investigation. It looks like the majority of population centers within Idaho are > five hours away by car and ~25% of UI students are from out of state.

This is another reason the FBI was brought in, to help coordinate interviews in other locations.

Hopefully, students get together and watch the UI vs. Idaho State game today. That should help jog memories and get additional leads --> I'm a Vandal fan today - go UI

As far as I remember there were no signs of forced entry. It is possible though that someone might forgot to lock the sliding door on the second floor.
I wonder if they invited someone back to the house with them and let him in themselves. And then when they fell asleep he killed them. Explain why no forced entry.

Motive seems to be the real mystery here. No sexual assault. No robbery so money dosent appear to be a motive is that correct? Guess that leaves revenge. Perhaps jealous EX or stalker? Or random serial killer type that they did not know. But I would think there would be forced entry in that scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay