ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
This is similar in Rhode Island - I had to get a background check from either the campus police or local city police department. If it didn't obtain one, I wouldn't be allowed to do student shadowing or teaching.
In my line of work, anyone dealing with evidence in any way gets fingerprinted and a backround check. I was an office manager in a lab and both were a requirement of employment.

Nick Mcloughlin, 26, who was friends with Kohberger in high school and vocational school, and had been following the Moscow murders, told The Daily Beast he was floored to see Kohberger had been arrested.

He described Kohberger as a “down to earth” member of his friend group who was overweight when they graduated junior year. But at the start of senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and turned “aggressive,” he said. He’d also picked up a new hobby: taking boxing classes.

“He always wanted to fight somebody, he was bullying people. We started cutting him off from our friend group because he was 100 percent a different person,” Mcloughlin said.

Asked what might have contributed to the change that summer, Mcloughlin said, “We have no idea.”

IMO could be anything psychotropic drugs, steroids , street drugs

Wonder if this depraved coward's parents, knowing that he went to school near Moscow and drove a white Elantra, ever contacted detectives?
I doubt it. As a parent, I doubt your mind normally allows you to think your child, who is working toward a doctorate, and apparently has no known violent history, is capable of being a quadruple murderer. They are probably shocked and shattered by this development. JMO

Last edited:
@WFLAJosh

UPDATES: Kohberger’s DNA has also been matched to genetic material recovered at the off-campus house where the students were stabbed to death, according to the sources. An FBI team from Philadelphia has been tracking him for four days in the area where he was arrested

@RachelFabbi

Speakers at the press conference: Chief James Fry-Moscow Police Department Prosecutor Bill Thompson-Latah County Prosecutor’s Office Colonel Kedrick Wills-Idaho State Police President Scott Green-University of Idaho

From the above link:

"...“His aunt and uncle had to buy new pots and pans because he would not eat from anything that had ever had meat cooked in them. He seemed very OCD [obsessive-compulsive disorder]...

So much for the rampant speculation about him being a hunter.
He may keep it kosher.

Unless one is a vegetarian and totally excludes meat from their kitchen, a kosher kitchen must have two different sets of utensils, one for meat and poultry and the other for dairy foods. There must be separate, distinct sets of pots, pans, plates and silverware

I don’t think he killed as a research project- that’s backwards. IMO, someone like this was always fascinated with killing, so he studied Criminology as a way to legitimize the fascination with it. I think he fantasized about planning the Perfect Murder, and he wanted it to be sensational because he wanted to hear people talking/ worrying/ sleuthing about it, thinking he was so smart and superior. He didn’t want to kill from studying killers; he wanted to be a killer, so he studied killers.
Makes me immediately wonder if he joined here at Websleuths.

Was the purpose of his "survey" to possibly find a partner in crime? The Moscow police said they wanted to talk to occupant or occupants of the Elantra? And, he apparently asked when he was arrested if anybody else was arrested. Idk.

How did police come up with the suspect? Maybe the killer called one of the victims before the crime happened? That made this person uncomfortable?

So much fear that he kept the car? It's odd that he kept it. It should, logically, be at the bottom of a lake or burnt to a crisp in a forest somewhere. Instead, he drove it to his hometown in PA. Bizarre.
Could be that the car was a leased car...maybe his parents leased this car for him. I know he is 28 yrs but he has progressed in his education and maybe his parents helped him with his car. My point is that he could not just get rid of the car as in sell it, destroy it, or report it stolen which could have brought attention to him. If so he would have to return it to the leased dealership probably in PA. Also, if he wanted to get rid of it, his parents would want a reason why, I would think. I wonder how long he has been at his parents home and when he would normally have to leave to return to WA, cause he still has an apartment there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper