ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say this because I worked at a prestigious university and on a daily basis came into contact with the doctoral students, besides having dated 3 or 4 of them, they were for the most part extremely socially awkward and emotionally blank upon meeting, but make no mistake - intellectually arrogant, aloof, and considered themselves intellectually superior to most everyone. Imo this suspect is going to try to outwit everyone at every step along the way - because that was his MO during his lifetime, his great control over his intellectual and academic prowess. I think he was praised for his intellect by family and those who knew him - but also a great intelligence in one area of a person's development that a person can get attention for can overshadow a lacking in another area - think emotional intelligence - that they need help developing - there is a theory of multiple intelligences that posits this - worth a look!
Counterpoint: This does not match my experience with PhDs*. The vast majority have been personable, humble, and lead balanced lives. I am not saying my experience is more representative, only that I think such stereotypes are unhelpful.

* predominantly hard sciences

Someone mentioned it was not him in Corner Club but here's link to picture. I thought it might be guy sittin near door.

It kinda looks like him but there's usually where the Doorguy who checks IDs sits.
Do we know where he was employed on Dec. 13th?

I doubt it. As a parent, I doubt your mind normally allows you to think your child, who is working toward a doctorate, and apparently has no known violent history, is capable of being a quadruple murderer. They are probably shocked by this development. JMO
Likely comes from a perfectly normal and well-educated family.

My heart breaks for them.

I can't wait to see Chief Fry's relieved face, to find out how they found him, and I hope the families of the victims can have some peace.

5 minutes....can't wait.

My friend and I were just discussing this very subject. I would not be surprised if he decides to represent himself. He may be considered very intelligent but it was awfully dumb to keep the car. JMO
Oh I hope he does.

NY Post has an article where a relative described him as "extremely OCD with eating habits"

“His aunt and uncle had to buy new pots and pans because he would not eat from anything that had ever had meat cooked in them. He seemed very OCD [obsessive-compulsive disorder].”

What's next, WaPo puts out an article on his bowel habits?
Yeah, no kidding about the bowel habits.

I absolutely hate these irrelevant anecdotal tidbits that come out after a suspect is arrested. We all have stupid quirks, whether it's stubborn rules about what we eat or don't eat, our personalities, where we choose to congregate (for god's sake, some would think posting here on Websleuths and spending hours discussing cases is a red flag!), many of us are quiet, so on and so forth. These things mean nothing! If we laid bare all of individual quirks and curiosities, we would all scream red flag.

Not all observations are meaningless, but these frivolous ones that family members or acquaintances spit out when being hounded by reporters aren't exactly telling of anything.

He may keep it kosher.

Unless one is a vegetarian and totally excludes meat from their kitchen, a kosher kitchen must have two different sets of utensils, one for meat and poultry and the other for dairy foods. There must be separate, distinct sets of pots, pans, plates and silverware
Sounds like comment came from an aunt, so it is likely not the reason.

I'm sure he had no idea they were coming for him that night. And he had no idea they'd gone through his parents' trash (and even if only parental DNA was in the trash - that's enough, but I bet they got his actual DNA).

This means he did cut himself at the scene, or slip up in some other way DNA-wise.

Apparently, he had the pleasure of being awakened to a SWAT team in his room.

Do you have a link to the info about LE going through his trash? I haven't seen that anywhere and would love to read it! TIA

Did he even know them?
As I have previously stated before In my opinion I believe he bcame aware of these girls through their numerous Social Media pics,posts and videos. The suspect became obsessed with love or hate for 1 or all of them, He became a suspect due to his onwership of the white elantra. Once his name poped up within the DMV redcords search a little futher investigation is all it took to put this case too rest. His dna was either collected during an initial interview to "rule him out" ;) or discarding of trash,cup,etc during undercover survielance of him. Probably had no personal relationship with any of the victims other then social media. IF he did try and contact any of them he probably got shut down.....and all of the online slueths who trashed innocent "suspects" online should feel ashamed right now

Last edited:
I know there will be coverage of the press conference everywhere, including WS. But I hope there will also be coverage of the Celebration Of Life. If it's been posted, forgive me. I haven't had a chance to read through 42 pages of rapid-fire posts this morning.

6399201f728d9.image.jpg

Media is covering it, but they have not been invited inside.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

DM is now confirming that they used the Elantra to trace him to a PA address and then collected DNA somehow. I believe they likely used trash from the house (MOO, but I think we may learn more at the press conference).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, no kidding about the bowel habits.

I absolutely hate these irrelevant anecdotal tidbits that come out after a suspect is arrested. We all have stupid quirks, whether it's stubborn rules about what we eat or don't eat, our personalities, where we choose to congregate (for god's sake, some would think posting here on Websleuths and spending hours discussing cases is a red flag!), many of us are quiet, so on and so forth. These things mean nothing! If we laid bare all of individual quirks and curiosities, we would all scream red flag.

Not all observations are meaningless, but these frivolous ones that family members or acquaintances spit out when being hounded by reporters aren't exactly telling of anything.
If weird eating habits prove that someone is a psychopath, well almost every single one of my friends would be a suspect in something. I think it's super ridiculous.

Let's start checking our guesses.

1. Was the suspect a hunter? Answer still not known. Anyone have an update?

2. Was the suspect in the military? IMO Not likely if he was a 28 year old PhD student. "Online records indicate Kohberger appears to have been pursuing a doctorate in criminal justice at Washington State University in Pullman, less than 10 miles from Moscow. Shortly after his arrest, the university took down a grad student page listing his name." Link:
3. Did the suspect drive a white elantra? Yes. "Police also seized a white Hyundai Elantra matching the description of the car that police had earlier said they were trying to locate from the scene." Link: Who is Bryan Kohberger? What we know about the Idaho murder suspect

4. My number 1 question is still this. How did he learn the location of the victim's King Road house? Online or IRL? PhD students don't usually go to undergrad parties or undergrad watering holes. Anyone have an update?

What other guesses did we make before the arrest? What did we get right and wrong?
Did he have direct contact with the victims prior to the murders?
Regarding the disposal of the vehicle… maybe it was titled in the name of a relative. He couldn’t sink it in a lake and have the relative report it stolen. Drawing attention to it would have been the last thing he’d want to do IMO.

So my next question is, did he park the car what he felt was a good distance away from the victim’s house? Maybe he mistakenly thought if he parked a few blocks away it wouldn’t be linked? How did he not think of cameras? MOO
i wonder if anyone at the Pullman apartments reported their neighbor as having an Elantra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Dunn