ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts, yes he had a fingerprint clearance card, but I don't think he left prints. I feel he was prepared, gloved up and wanted to see how much he could get away with out leaving prints/dna. I feel that the car was the whole clincher. Still awaiting much more info as I am sure there is more to come.
Do I understand that the 'white car' was the only car that LE focused in on?? That is the one element in this case that I do not understand. What stood out with the 'white car' and when did it matter to LE???? If anyone could help me understand this I so appreciate it ~TIA

I'm watching the pre-press show on WFLA and they will be answering questions. This is super interesting and apparently student journalists will be asking questions.

I wonder if he had fingerprints on file required by his program. I’m a professional student and we were all required to complete a federal background check including finger printing before starting classes. And my program has nothing to do with crime or security clearances (vet med/DVM)

MOO
<modsnip> Never heard of such a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope there's a ton of solid physical evidence, if that's the case. I generally have faith in LE and juries to see past B.S. Head games won't get you very far (see Darrell Brooks).
**MOO**
and George Wagner4

I say this because I worked at a prestigious university and on a daily basis came into contact with the doctoral students, besides having dated 3 or 4 of them, they were for the most part extremely socially awkward and emotionally blank upon meeting, but make no mistake - intellectually arrogant, aloof, and considered themselves intellectually superior to most everyone. Imo this suspect is going to try to outwit everyone at every step along the way - because that was his MO during his lifetime, his great control over his intellectual and academic prowess. I think he was praised for his intellect by family and those who knew him - but also a great intelligence in one area of a person's development that a person can get attention for can overshadow a lacking in another area - think emotional intelligence - that they need help developing - there is a theory of multiple intelligences that posits this - worth a look!

As someone who went to grad school at the best university in my field, I know a lot of people (profs and grad students) who were not ”socially awkward” or “emotionally blank”; as with any people acquiring elite credentials, there were people who were arrogant but others who were humble and kind. The “multiple intelligences” theory posited by Howard Gardner and others doesn’t indicate that having high intelligence potential in one area limits development in others. See, for example, great athletes who have high emotional intelligence, excellent spatial intelligence, and high bodily-kinethetic intelligence. A friend of mine is a professional dancer, an entrepreneur, and an artist. I’m a Ph.D., a teacher, a writer, and an athlete.

I’m trying hard here not to be offended by your description of those of us who have pursued Ph.Ds.

@WFLAJosh

UPDATES: Kohberger’s DNA has also been matched to genetic material recovered at the off-campus house where the students were stabbed to death, according to the sources. An FBI team from Philadelphia has been tracking him for four days in the area where he was arrested

@RachelFabbi

Speakers at the press conference: Chief James Fry-Moscow Police Department Prosecutor Bill Thompson-Latah County Prosecutor’s Office Colonel Kedrick Wills-Idaho State Police President Scott Green-University of Idaho
I suspected earlier in the week, they had their man. An interview with the Sheriff at the first week, he appeared to be suppressing, what I'd call a smirk during the interview. I thought dang...they know. I had a strong feeling the plan was in place, no knock warranty were being a brain, surveillance of suspect. Yeah, he knew.

I say this because I worked at a prestigious university and on a daily basis came into contact with the doctoral students, besides having dated 3 or 4 of them, they were for the most part extremely socially awkward and emotionally blank upon meeting, but make no mistake - intellectually arrogant, aloof, and considered themselves intellectually superior to most everyone. Imo this suspect is going to try to outwit everyone at every step along the way - because that was his MO during his lifetime, his great control over his intellectual and academic prowess. I think he was praised for his intellect by family and those who knew him - but also a great intelligence in one area of a person's development that a person can get attention for can overshadow a lacking in another area - think emotional intelligence - that they need help developing - there is a theory of multiple intelligences that posits this - worth a look!

IMO you don't have to be super smart to complete graduate work. Ask me, I'm honestly not smart. It's more putting in the work. Also is WSU academically renowned or something? Not familiar with American state college system.
Facts. "Imposter syndrome" was an ongoing conversation among everyone in my grad program. BK also followed a slightly "nontraditional" path. I returned to academia in my late 30s and always found it funny during first year when 27-28 year olds in my cohort discussed feeling alienated from the 22-24 year olds who pursued school full-time without pause. I forget that four years can feel like a huge generational gap at a certain age.

We can't post more than 10% of an article, but here are the pertinent soundbites

Lawrence Rosenberg said on social media that he knew Kohberger, who said he attended Monroe County Technical Institute with him for a few years before leaving in 2014.

Rosenberg said Kohberger knows a lot of people in the Poconos area and would get together with friends at Indian Mountain Lakes.

”He was always a strange person,” Rosenberg said.

Boyce Jubilan, associate professor and chair of DeSales University’s psychology program, told the Philadelphia Inquirer that news of Kohberger’s arrest was a “shock.” He was a research supervisor to Kohberger in the late 2010s, and said he was “a little awkward with his peers” and “liked to work alone.”

Interesting that these two observations from two different people are in conflict with each other. "Knows lots of people and would get together with friends" vs. "awkward with his peers."

Can't imagine that the press conference will result in the revealing of much info. Way too early in the eventual prosecution process to be spilling many details about the alleged killer and the pending case. Nothingburger, understandably, is what the press conference mostly will be.

Counterpoint: This does not match my experience with PhDs*. The vast majority have been personable, humble, and lead balanced lives. I am not saying my experience is more representative, only that I think such stereotypes are unhelpful.

* predominantly hard sciences
I agree. My colleagues in grad school (one of the sciences) were some of the best people I've met.

Last edited:
Mcloughlin went on to say that he and Kohberger would spend half the school day at Pleasant Valley High before heading to Monroe County’s vocational school, where they took classes related to heating and air conditioning work. He said Kohberger also took criminal justice courses to potentially become a cop
Rsbm

Hmmm, HVAC? Probably not related to the hvac called in shortly after discovery of the bodies but it caught my eye.

I am eagerly awaiting the presser, and hope we learn more, but I am almost of the opinion that LE has known his name for quite a while now, and perhaps even got a license number off of the Elantra pic, which may be why they never showed it to us. I think they just lost track of him, and that is why they enlisted the help from the public to find the car, and did not want to spook him while they searched for him. JMO
Can you share a link? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member