ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charging him with four counts of murder and burglary - burglary charge is from entering the house unlawfully. Idaho Supreme Court rules seals PCA until Kohberger comes back to Idaho and faces official charges. Cannot be released until that time.

Question about the PA school system. Do you not need a MA in education and a license to teach in public schools in PA? His Master's isn't in education, so I was surprised when they said he was teaching at a public school. I know in some states you don't need that, but IME, in the Northeast you do... Maybe he was a substitute teacher?
You don’t need an MA to teach in PA; generally, you need a bachelor’s degree plus completing certification requirements for PA (which prescribes the course work either for the bachelor’s or within a post-grad program) plus the requisite hours in observation and student teaching. Also, anyone working in the school must complete the background checks, including federal check involving fingerprinting.
However, from what I’ve seen here, the suspect was not teaching in the schools in PA.

Poor Fry. I'm glad he was supported locally bc so many on websleuths and other places online have said horrible things about the investigation. Many people here have followed cases from the breaking news through the investigation, arrest, trial and conviction. Many understand the process and that it can take time to cement evidence for arrest and conviction. This case brought out so many noobies to the system in real time. Frustrating at times for sure but many will now understand why and how things happen. It is not like a sitcom or drama TV series. It is too bad that so many think that TV shows are reality but that is the case. The good news is many more are educated now and will hopefully stop themselves next time for throwing blame and pointing fingers and have patience. If this guy pleads G, then hopefully many of you stick around and watch the trial so you can learn more.

State law in PA requires 3 checks to be processed for people to work in public schools”
1. Department of Human Child Abuse History Clearance
2. PA state police request for criminal records
3. Federal Criminal History Record Information, which requires electronic fingerprinting (since 2017). But fed background checks have been required since 2006.

So unless someone in his PA district dropped the ball, the suspect’s fingerprints are in the system.
I'm a psychologist in PA and have to have my clearances renewed every 2 years. I'm 99% sure that the fingerprints obtained for the background checks are not stored in any database and are deleted after the results have come back. Therefore, his fingerprints would not necessarily have been on file.

I think this Prosecutor is doing a really good job of explaining to the media, and the listening public, why he can't just make comments and give his opinion on the case. Sometimes I don't think it is clear that they are limited by state law and Court local rules.

Question about the PA school system. Do you not need a MA in education and a license to teach in public schools in PA? His Master's isn't in education, so I was surprised when they said he was teaching at a public school. I know in some states you don't need that, but IME, in the Northeast you do... Maybe he was a substitute teacher?
I'm going to be careful about what I say because I'm not sure of the rules. But I didn't see teaching as his role he resigned from in the PA school system.

Why Dexter? He was a vigilante. What do you think the 4 murdered college students did to justify to Bryan that they should be killed? Have you watched the show? Honest questions.
I perhaps didn't explain well enough. I was talking about Dexter's personality. Not the fact that he was a vigilante or that the kids murders were justified. I'm talking about how Dexter was perfectionist at everything. Meticulous. Which is why I said I wanted to know more about his preparation, perhaps how the murder scene was. Does that make more sense to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95