ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes zero sense that help arrived on scene and none of them went inside.
Police are supposed to go in to be sure no danger remains.
EMTs follow police when they get the all clear, so they can render aid.
How can either of those things happen if they remain outside? They had no idea if the perp was still inside or that all were deceased- if they did not enter.
Exactly. All they knew — or are saying they knew — was someone was “unconscious.” In a college town with a lot of partying, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have just went in. I’d assume these are just about the only calls they get. Why would that be the first thing they think of when they only had ten reported violent crimes in 2021?

There is a tip line and a tip email address.

Probably way too soon for a reward to be offered when the police are still gathering and reviewing all of the relevant data records, phone records, CCTV, phone tower records, and waiting for other forensic results. They are likely developing (and following up) a POI list. imo

Police are searching for leads and urge anyone who saw "suspicious behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information" to call the tip line at 208-883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.

BBM - Honestly, I thought there would have been a reward by now. I have a feeling one may be announced soon if nothing comes of what evidence etc they have currently. JMO

How would that even work? I'm seriously trying to put together how an outside person would make a 911 call from one of the surviving roommate's phones 8 hours after the murders happened when the two surviving roommates were in locked bedrooms. There wasn't anyone else in the house that night.
Perhaps the killer or killers acquaintance picked up the phone from the kitchen area or living room and carried it away with him. Did the report say the call came from within the house or just from the roommates phone?

BBM - Honestly, I thought there would have been a reward by now. I have a feeling one may be announced soon if nothing comes of what evidence etc they have currently. JMO

I’ve seen LE purposely hold off on rewards in the past on purpose.

I’m trying to remember exactly in which cases this was done, and what was said about this, how to explain the reasoning, but will have to sleep on it it seems.

Perhaps the killer or killers acquaintance picked up the phone from the kitchen area or living room and carried it away with him. Did the report say the call came from within the house or just from the roommates phone?
Yes, it says the call was made from inside the residence on one of the roommates’ cellphone.

Update 8:28 p.m. ** CLARIFICATION ** The cell phone used to call 911 belonged to one of the surviving roommates. Due to the ongoing investigation, the identity of the caller has not been released.
• Initially, the 911 call made at 11:58 a.m. on November 13th requested aid for an unconscious person. The call was made from inside the residence on one of the roommates’ cell phone. Moscow Police Department arrived shortly thereafter and found all four victims.

Source - Log in or sign up to view

I’ve seen LE purposely hold off on rewards in the past on purpose.

I’m trying to remember exactly in which cases this was done, and what was said about this, how to explain the reasoning, but will have to sleep on it it seems.

One reason is that a reward offered too soon can produce information overload, if they already have a dump truck full of forensics/tips/info to process.

However, he says, one major drawback to rewards is that it can have the potential to hamper investigations with “information overload”.

Lots of maybes. As I said before, imo everything is on the table from stranger to known and everything in between. I am not confident or even close to confident on any theory yet. Still collecting data.

I'm sure this is what LE and the FBI are thinking too!

Those teams of top professionals haven't come up with anything yet. I'm starting to be concerned that this case may not ever be solved...the first 48 hours are crucial (so they say) and we're now at one week and no arrests, no weapon and no public statement. Is there a serial killer on the loose, or not?!

MOO.

Last edited:
IME there is no where open for food that time of night in Moscow. Most fast food restaurants aren't open past midnight, maybe 1am. The bagel joint right across the street from grub truck used to be open till 1 or 2am pre-covid but now it closes at 9 or 10.

This is a great idea though! The only places open so late on the Palouse would be Walmart & Winco, 24 hr grocery store in Moscow, and also the Walmart in Pullman. There are a handful of 24 hr gas stations in the area as well. Probably around 4 in Moscow and 1-2 in Pullman.
That definitely shrinks the list of possibilities. Thank you. That grocery store and grocery aisles in that Walmart would be a good place deserving of some eyes (er, footage of areas within timeframe, rather).

If the person travelled -exerting energy- then destroyed innocence exerting even more energy...as gross and horrendous as it sounds I'm willing to bet quick food is in there somewhere, somehow. Maybe even food places along the route from townhouse to the hometown of two of the girls (thinking two girls go way way back and are from same area?). But, that's a larger area and my interpretations of maps of areas I've never been is definitely deficient. My navigation skills come from trial and error type driving involving lots of U-turns and backtracking.

JMO

Those teams of top professionals haven't come up with anything yet. I'm starting to be concerned that this case may not ever be solved...the first 48 hours are crucial (so they say) and we're now at one week and no arrests, no weapon and no public statement. Is there a serial killer on the loose, or not?!

MOO.
The last case I followed on websleuths was a little girl kidnapped sleeping next to her parents in a tent, the theories were wild and outrageous. People need to have faith in the police.

Just putting this here . Daily mail report of dog skinned like deer in Moscow late October. Seems fb as source.

The last case I followed on websleuths was a little girl kidnapped sleeping next to her parents in a tent, the theories were wild and outrageous. People need to have faith in the police.
CS - we dont use her full name on here to protect her when she becomes older
i think most cases have an element of people who take the speculation too far away from the known facts

Those teams of top professionals haveAccording

MOO.
According to definitions, a serial killed is a person who kills 3 or more as separate events with time in between. A mass murderer is someone who kills many people at the same time as a single event. So, no serial killer. A mass murderer. Just for clarity.

CS - we dont use her full name on here to protect her when she becomes older
i think most cases have an element of people who take the speculation too far away from the known facts
Hi Ping :) I couldn't agree more, that's one thing i have learnt over the years from following the cases on here. It's best to stick with the facts and understand it takes time to put all the evidence together. That's not to take away from some of the amazing sleuthing work that happens on WS.

My son is 24. He’s lived in a dorm and off campus. He always had a lock on the door to his room and got a ring camera for the front. He had 3 different ring videos of men actually going to his front window and trying to peek in; his roommates were 2-3 females usually.

Kids need to be vigilant, whether near Moscow/Pullman or not. Get bolt locks! Don’t share entry codes! Get a ring camera, or parents -buy one for your kids.

Our world is not safe.
Our world has never truly been safe. We (especially younger people) are more comfortable sharing our lives online, which means more people can ID where and how we live and essentially follow us through our check-ins etc. I'm in NYC; a generation ago a story like this from a small Idaho town might not have been more than a sad paragraph in a newspaper here. Until the Clery Act, universities did not have to report campus crime to a database so parents could judge for themselves how safe a campus was. You are correct that we all need to be vigilant and lock doors always, no matter how safe we feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johndavid125