ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont you need a password to connect to a wiki? Technology has changed on me.

I am so confused. Only wiki I use for my cell is in my home, or AT&T service...what am I missing?

My experience is that if my phone has connected to wifi at a location in the recent past, it will reconnect again automatically without the password the next time. Surprised me when this happened.

I am curious about who would have taken “custody” of the little dog when Kaylee went to Europe in January and to Texas in February? Kaylee or J?

I’ll be suspicious of the ‘blonde sorority girl had stalker’ angle until there’s hard evidence. It strays too close to cliché

To be fair, cliches are cliches for a reason. I imagine that attractive, 'carefree', and quite popular college-age blondes living the good life on social media might very well attract some unwanted attention from sickos. Not victim blaming, of course, because they did absolutely nothing wrong.

What if Kaylee called Jack because she was scared and needed help. He doesn't pick up, so her friend tries from her number to say, "this is serious, we really need help". Why they didn't call 911 or Mom or Dad, I have no idea.
I wonder if they left a voicemail? Her sister didn’t indicate one way or the other?

Just an observation. The NY Times article goes into some detail about the calls to Jack and uses first and last name. To me, it is the main take away from that article. I can post screen shots for those who can't read it if anyone wants. MOO
Not dissing you at all. But they printed his name? Seems like a lot of media is lowering themselves to DM standards. The misinformation being put out by all media in this case is driving me nuts. Imo. Again, not dissing you.

People seem to be viewing the victims as two separate pairs. With the assumption that it was the girls who were targeted and Ethan and Xena were somehow involved due to stumbling upon the perpetrator or being witnesses.

There is another possibility here not being discussed which is that one of the girls and Xena apparently worked together, and had done for a number of years at the same place. You would assume therefore that they are pretty close but that also they have their own group of friends, colleagues, customers etc… through their work.

I can’t get over the polices initially view this was a targeted attack. Whilst they didn’t have all the experts now working the case When they made that suggestion there had been experienced officers already working 24:7 on the case for days and knowing every intimate detail of the crime scene. I believe they still probably think it’s a targeted attack but have to cover all bases hence the more recent backtracking on risk to the community etc…

If so It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that it wasn’t the girls targeted, but perhaps for whatever reason one of them and Xena through something to do with their work connection. And it was actually the other two who were killed only due to being at the house that night.

I definitely think the fact that two of them worked together and police initially felt it was targeted would mean that potential line of enquiry would be getting discussed more.
Where did the two girls who worked together work?

I also think that the Mayor's words tell us a lot. He spoke out of turn, impulsively. He may have been privy to initial gossip about the crime. MOO.

Not dissing you at all. But they printed his name? Seems like a lot of media is lowering themselves to DM standards. The misinformation being put out by all media in this case is driving me nuts. Imo. Again, not dissing you.
They did. I mention this, as they are a highly cautious newspaper. That is why I find it interesting. Not the bible, but cautious and largely respected. MOO

Bringing my own post forward:

I thought I would highlight these points from this video interview with Kaylee's parents:
Fox News Interview with The Goncalves

[NOTE: I did my best to transcribe the dialogue, but it's hard on my phone while trying to type in one window and listen to the interview and type in the other. Any inaccuracies are my own.]

Dad: "They're telling us that there's so much evidence that it's going to take a lot of time to process it all. This wasn't a pinpoint crime, this person was sloppy, he (I'm saying he, that is my assumption) made a mess, and they're going to have to go through that point by point and that's going to take a lot of time, that is why they reached out to other organizations to help with that processing."

Mom: "that's why they have a mobile unit on site, they said that that is really going help expedite things. They've reached out to multiple labs for help in DNA processing, in other states. Hopefully get sites like 23andme involved. They haven't told us that they have DNA from the killer, but that they do have a ton of evidence. It's just going take a lot of time to analyze it. And now with the FBI task force on site they were able to collect a great deal evidence."

I don't believe it's a question of technology, but rather processing and elimination of everyone else's DNA. In a crime scene this messy with a lot of people coming and going, including investigators and crime scene technicians, it's going to take a while to sort through all of this and isolate the samples to be tested. I am not an expert though it's also a question of lab capacity, I have read many articles about Lab backlogs, especially during/after Covid. Of course, this case will get high priority, but it's still not instantaneous.
JMO.

Thank you for the transcription with the link, @Kittybunny.

I suspect the killer tried to minimize leaving his own DNA (I believe this was pre-planned), and I sure hope he failed.

The crime scene has been described as quite bloody, and crime history suggests a likelihood of a killer cutting himself during the attack. Having the killer’s DNA extracted from blood evidence at the crime scene (on the victims or intermingled with the victims’ blood) is ideal as that places the killer at the scene during the time frame. It makes sense that processing multiple samples would take time.

Other DNA evidence will be more difficult and likely more time-consuming to investigate given the number of individuals who had reason to visit or to be present in the house as well as the social activities of the victims leading up to the timeframe.

Very glad the latest FBI team had the opportunity to visit, investigate and walk through the crime scene. They now (should) have a good idea of the crime scene flow from the autopsies and initial analysis of other evidence.

That’s one silver lining here — even if the initial LE response may not have been smooth, they were able to preserve and isolate the crime scene for subsequent focused analysis. That will be key, IMHO.

They’ll catch this guy. He’s shrewd but up against the best in the nation, and he’s not shrewd enough to have out-foxed them. He left a trail.

JMO.

(I refer to an unknown solo male killer in the above for discussion purposes. No person or person(s) have been identified as POI(s) by LE at the time of this post.)

I seem to recall that early on there was a post with a picture of some girls out front of the house with silver space blankets wrapped around them. Does anyone else remember this and can find the picture(s)? Would like to take a closer look at who was outside during the early moments when crime scene was being investigated.
I remember seeing the picture but don't recall it's source.

Iirc there are 6 bedrooms, 2 on each floor with a bathroom on each floor. Does anyone know if the bottom floor was set up with a cooking area? It would make sense to the homeowner to have the flexibilty to offer that floor as a separate apt if need be. Ie no one would have to go up to the kitchen for water, tea, a snack.

Also, if the roommates on that bottom floor had locked the door coming down from the kitchen, maybe the killer tried to go down, found the door locked and didn't want to go around the house to the more exposed entrance.

Just an observation. The NY Times article goes into some detail about the calls to Jack and uses first and last name. To me, it is the main take away from that article. I can post screen shots for those who can't read it if anyone wants. MOO

Without details, does NYT say they have knowledge of VMs? Or texts?

Long time visitor, but first time poster. All MOO, ofc. And maybe this has been mentioned, but the phone calls to J were all before 3 AM, correct? But per the police statement released last night, they are requesting digital footage from between 3-6 AM. So, are they suggesting the suspect didn’t get to the house prior to everyone getting home? If they think the murders happened any time before 3 AM or the suspect was in the home waiting then they would have made that window wider to account for the travel(?) there and into the house. So, is 3-6 AM the window of entry and departure? Perhaps then the phone calls to J were just them calling him and it’s so coincidence? Or perhaps they are already aware of the suspects entry but want to know where they ended up? From what I gathered it was a busy weekend with a lot of college-related events. A lot of people coming and going. Just thinking out loud…
This makes complete sense, crime occured after 3 because at 2:52, the girls were awake, making calls and not reporting anything amiss. At 3, all cell phone activity ceases, indicating the girls have gone to sleep. JMO

I seem to recall that early on there was a post with a picture of some girls out front of the house with silver space blankets wrapped around them. Does anyone else remember this and can find the picture(s)? Would like to take a closer look at who was outside during the early moments when crime scene was being investigated.
I remember reading that but I don’t think I ever saw it. I thought I heard it was in a video but I haven’t gone looking for it. Could be just a rumor but it would make sense, especially if the 2 surviving roommates were in PJs (and shock) when they had to leave the house.

Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs

@NickAtNews

The victims — 3 women roommates one of their boyfriends — were back at the house by about 2 a.m., the calls from Kaylee were between 2:26 and 2:52, and it's unclear when the murders happened. The first 911 call was at noon.
(no paywall)

Last edited:
People with that kind of knife would always have a sheath on their belt. Maybe the crimes were preplanned, maybe just happened as a result of personal interactions in the bar. I'd scour bar vids for anyone with a sheath on his belt. Kind of logical, yeah I know.

Imo

I posted this earlier. There were emergency vehicles. I’m guessing more about the crime scene was said in the call. Police clearly got there first and I think right away they could tell all 4 were dead and told EMS not to go in, there was no need to render aid and they needed to secure the crime scene.

“Brian Nickerson, the fire chief of the Moscow Volunteer Fire and EMS Department, said police were the first to arrive at the home. The first responders from the fire and EMS department didn't go inside or transport anyone from the scene, Nickerson said.”

This Makes me believe that much more was said on that 911 call than simply an unconscious body was found. I can imagine the surviving roommates and whomever the visitor was we’re probably hysterical. Was something red flagged in that 911 call that dispatched police first or did it just so happened police were available and nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces