ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the Q/A during the press conference, when asked if the killer had made the 911 call, the answer was no. (For those who can't stream).
So that means the 2 survivors 1) called friends to come over 2) gave those friends enough time to arrive — and in that time, never called 911 themselves?!? Like what?!
Say whattt! Thats what i was saying! Something wrong here in moo

I don't really doubt that the other roommates didn't hear anything if what LE says that EACH victim was asleep when they were killed is true. The killer may have quietly gone room by room putting a pillow over the victim's face and stabbing them.

Because of this, I am having a hard time thinking about who the killer could be. If it were truly "targeted" and "personal," they could have stopped after their target. It makes no sense for the murder to be targeted AND kill 2-3 other people in their sleep. That's like dedicated thrill kill or serial killer behavior - where the goal is the killing, not the elimination of a person out of an emotional reasons (love, hate, anger, betrayal).
Great point!

Capt. Rodger Lanier specifically, and very pointedly, cleared these people targeted by so much online speculation:

"We do not believe the following individuals are involved in this crime. The two surviving roommates. A male seen at the grub truck vendor downtown specifically wearing a white hoodie. A private party who provided rides home to Kaylee and Madison in the early morning hours of November 13th."

That's it, full stop, end of. Speculation ruins people's lives. I respect WS so much for the strict adherence to posting responsibly.

What kind of evidence would suggest more than one perp?
I don't think two people with knives are going to attack one person. Too much danger of cutting each other. I wonder if this might have been a dispute over the custody of the dog? Conference did not mention the dog. Also interesting was the mention of Virginia or West Virginia.

Maybe the friends came to do something planned that afternoon, like brunch. And the roomies were in their rooms and bathroom getting ready and came up when friends arrived. My guess.
11:58 is still early when you’re hungover, too. I can see them staying on their floor even if they had woke up + assuming the other four, who got home later, were asleep

I just don't think a guy that wants to set up an alibi is going to stay at the crime scene and make that many phone calls. The pattern doesn't make sense for that. It just takes one call to assist your alibi.
Unless he used their phone to call his phone to find it, because he lost it in the fray. That said, I personally do not think he (J) was involved in this at all, but people do this all the time to find their lost phone, myself included. I feel bad for him with all the speculation toward him and hope I am right. I think it was a random, crime of opportunity, like Ted Bundy. He did it before (smaller scale) and will strike again if not caught soon. Pray LE has the brains and resources to get this perp. Continue to pray for the families.

Good evening, I am new again after many years away from Websleuths. This case - and the disappearance of psychologist Sandra Bermejo in my home country Spain - has brought me back to armchair sleuthing. Pretty solid conference from members of the Moscow team and especially the Idaho Police State gentleman. MOO only, it is clear they already know who the target person (singular) was and not all the deceased were found on the floor their bedrooms were located. The latter might not have any relevance on this case. Visible nervousness on the Moscow team inspector when asked by a reporter if the killer is still in town or could be anywhere else. MOO again I think they still do not know themselves. Most important bit of information for me is that the phone call was made from inside the house at 1.58 am and that was only 13 minutes after M & K had arrived back to the flat. My most sincere condolences to the parents of the four students. I cannot wait for the killer to be caught.

The question who was sleeping on what floor was asked, he said he wouldn't divulge that because that would be part of the picture. That sounds interesting. What do you guys think about that?
I wouldn’t expect them to divulge that info. It’s too specific, they want to hold that back to vet any confession and for other investigatory reasons

Last edited:
Sounded like a rehash. Nothing new I don’t think. Reiterated both roommates, hoodie guy & private driver all cleared. Didn’t say the name of who was the voice on 911 call again. Said call from inside the house on one of the survivor’s phone. Confirmed there was contact from victim phones to a “male subject”. Didn’t say her ex-bf was cleared. They’re trying hard and have lots of resources. So much they can’t say.

Do any criminal attorneys here know about what is necessary for probable cause to get to search maybe someone else’s apartment where a friend slept over who could possibly be a suspect? If the owner of the apartment/homedoesn’t waive rights, etc, can they get probable cause to search a suspect’s home, phone, car, etc, tracer on car? And if they did sleep in their own house/apt, can probable cause be established at this time to conduct those searches?

I’d assume again if they go to search someone they suspect, there would be a trove of dna, even if the killer showered at the crimescene. But obviously they need to dot i’s and cross t’s so that evidence doesn’t get tossed at trial for violating rights. Just thoughts.

He said early in the investigation businesses were canvased for purchase of "fixed blade weapon" not Kabar. I don't believe a Kabar was used and I'd like to know how "serrated" has come about also. For all we know it could have been a butcher knife from the kitchen. My opinion.

Two things that stood out for me in that presser: firstly, Kendrick Wills, to me, again went to talk in the plural about the number of killers. He was talking about bringing the investigation to a close and said bringing 'these'....then stopped and changed tack, perhaps catching himself. The natural, anticipated end to where he was going in that statement was 'these killers/these people'' to justice. Anyone else pick up on that? Think I'll need the transcript to elucidate that properly.

There was also a contradiction; the information stated was that the 911 call was made from a roommate's phone. Later, Fry said they aren't saying it wasn't a roommate who made the call. Deciphering this double negative: it could have been one of the roommate's who made the 911 call.
This poor man is sweatin' beads.
Yes, I caught this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members