ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say whattt! Thats what i was saying! Something wrong here in moo
The 911 call was not made until almost noon. Not right after the murders. Someone may have had plans with one of the residents and came over and went in the house and found the person they thought was unconcious. Any number of ways a friend might have come to the house. Nothing strange or suspicious that I can see.

So I'm guessing the two survivors were sleeping or still in bed downstairs and either they or the victims had plans that afternoon. Remember they all pretty much had the same social circle. So I'm guessing several friends came over and they, along with the surviving roommates, discovered a body or the bodies. I'm sure they were just frantically trying to call 911 and one of the roommate's phones was on hand so she just handed it to one of the friends. It's also possible the phone got passed around during the call as I'm sure it was absolute devastation and chaos and there may have been a lot of screaming and crying.

So the "911 caller" may be multiple people. But that scenario checks out to me.
That's an excellent point - didn't even think that the 911 "caller" could have been multiple people. MOO - friends come over to the first floor, they all go upstairs and find the horror that awaited them. The roommate starts to call 911 on her phone but goes into shock/can't speak and hands the phone off to whoever is next to them. Some situation like that, perhaps.

A bit pointless but a few things in that.

Firstly, I genuinely don’t think they have much of a clue. The chief was quite open about that numerous times. I think they did the press conference to keep communication going but seem no further forward.

Only interesting areas of substance to me:

They still think it’s targeted. That’s quite relevant because by now they also have all of the expert views behind the scenes. Suggests that the FBI, behavioural analysts etc… also have seen enough to believe this was not a random stranger killing. I put more emphasis on that now.

Big key key bit of info was that they were ALL believed to be asleep when killed. Blows apart a few theories on this board that Ethan and Xena were only harmed as they came across the perpetrator/were witnesses.

it also begs the question in that case why were the other two left alone?

So only key info for me out of that is a targeted killing of 4 individuals where all 4 were asleep, offered no threat or risk of exposure of the crime. So what’s the key there. Is there a common factor across the 4 whilst they were all deliberately targeted. I see no other reason why the killer would seek out all 4 unless there was a reason to do so if it wasn’t a case that some were killed only to cover up any evidence.
I got the feeling that everything stated by the chief he regurgitated from known facts disseminated on WS. I’m not getting a warm and fuzzy from them. When asked if they had enough resources he should consider hiring some of the sleuths that post here. Definitely me not included, I’m just a hack. MOO

He said early in the investigation businesses were canvased for purchase of "fixed blade weapon" not Kabar. I don't believe a Kabar was used and I'd like to know how "serrated" has come about also. For all we know it could have been a butcher knife from the kitchen. My opinion.
"A local hardware store manager told the Idaho Statesman that police had stopped by more than once and asked whether the shop had recently sold any Ka-Bar-style knives. The store doesn’t carry the weapon."

I thought it odd that he was unable to say with clarity how many other people had shown up and were at the residence when police arrived for the investigation. We initially thought one, who was likely the 911 caller. But now there were multiple individuals there (besides surviving roommates), and he’s “honestly not sure how many” were there. How would they not know how many others were there? Also, with the amount of special investigators and FBI units involved, makes me think this is bigger than we know, but then, how would it be considered “targeted”. I gotta stop getting sucked into crime cases that are so confusing and unsettling. I’d like a straightforward one for once.

Could be a dumb theory but what if the two surviving girls had boyfriends over/other male friends. Killer could’ve been watching and just took his chances with 4 people and 1 male, rather than 3 other people as well. It’s clear there was MULTIPLE friends when 911 was called. Maybe two survivors both had boyfriends over, thus limiting the killer but could’ve also went to investigate in the morning and then called 911.

If the killer had been watching prior, sees a total of 8 people and realizes he can only probably take out the weaker ones. This would be my guess if it’s a serial killer, since this guy clearly was prepared, I highly believe it’s targeted.

I think they are going to release the 911 call and then it's going to heat up. imo. Something about that call...
I'd be interested in hearing it !

Also wondering if there was any dna under their fingernails or hair clutched in their hands ?
Is there anyone walking around with any scratches on their person ?

M00.

Say whattt! Thats what i was saying! Something wrong here in moo
Or ( responding to myself again lol) the friends came over and woke the roommate's up? Im finding that because of the horrific mess of this crime I'm losing my normal sense of being objective- i have kids i have a puppy and im seeing things and twisting them. Thats not right, ill be more silent on this and leave it to the professionals! :))

bbm
Yes, you're correct about earlier sources in msm leaning towards an outsider calling 911, and not the surviving roommates.
Now this.
A major shift.
Wonder why ?
M00.
Listen carefully. Other friends had arrived at the house shortly before noon and it was implied one of them used one of the surviving room mates phones to call 911.

I don’t know why they didn’t lead with that, why wait in answer to a question? What if the question wasn’t even asked??

But yeah, ultimately I think that is definitely what he said. Unrelated.
I thought he said the calls were unrelated not that J was cleared, seems there is a difference there.

If I heard them right, multiple friends came to the house after the crime to check up on the survivors. I wonder if the crime scene was contaminated by these friends. The reporters should have asked ''when did you start asking for surveillance footage from neighbors, town locations, university''. Time is of the essence there as it's overwritten fairly quickly.

Hard to know what to make of it.

It's possible they didn't all sleep in their usual rooms that night for whatever reason.
Meaning perp was going for one/two but hit wrong room first, suggesting perp was familiar with sleeping accommodation?O
Ended up killing 4 when his intention was to kill only one or two?
That's pure speculation, just where my mind went when I heard it.
This. What if the 4 arrived back at same time and maybe one girl laid on other girl's bed to chat and passed out so they left her there and then slept in her bed. Or some other reason they weren't in their own beds.

Wow! IMO a very open PC.
From what I gathered and just on my memory
- housemates are not considered persons of interest
- the J that was called is not considered persons of interest
- still considered a targeted attack
Now here is where there are a few question marks
- they will not say that the call to 911 was placed by a housemate (only that it was made using one of their phones)
- reports of the victims being bound and gagged are false
And the big one that was never mentioned before and that I don't think they meant to mention but did

- There were other 'friends' present at the house

Also the fact that they are requesting video surveillance from key areas suggests to me that they might think that there was a 'fifth' person (IE someone other than the victims) that may have been seen with them prior to them arriving home.

All IMO
bolding mine.
This is new to me as well !

Sorry for the long post but thought this would be helpful. I have jotted down all the important info contained within the presser.

• Chief James Fry – Murders have shaken the community. Continue to mourn victims. Vigorously pursue the investigation and pursue justice. A complex and terrible crime that will take time to resolve. Primary goal is public safety and to bring justice to the victims.
  • 640 tips have been received – all will be processed, vetted and cleared. Over 90 interviews have been completed so far. Anyone who has observed notable behaviour, has any additional video surveillance or can provide any relevant information please call the tip line (208) 883-7180 or email the tip line at tipline@ci.moscow.id.us
  • KG, MM were at a local bar and later at a food truck and arrived home at approximately 1:45am in the early morning of the 13th of November. EC & XK arrived home at approximately 1:45am also. The two surviving roommates were also out in the community that evening but returned home at approximately 1am and didn’t wake until later that morning.
  • Investigators aware of phone calls made later that evening by KG and MM to a male. No connection to the crime from the phone calls. (Unsure if this means that male is not a POI/suspect, it didn't seem like it IMO but I will leave it like that).
  • On Nov 13th at 11:58am a 911 call was placed reporting an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence and was made from one of the surviving roomates phone. The person who made the phone call has not been publicly identified and any internet comments are rumours. The 911 caller is not the killer. There were other people at the location other than the roommates when police responded to the 911 call.
  • Moscow PD responded and located 4 victims. 2 on the 2nd floor and 2 on the 3rd floor. Not confirmed who was found where as that’s part of the investigation. Autopsies confirmed the identity of all 4 victims and determined COD by stabbing. It is likely all 4 victims were asleep during the attack. Some of the victims had defensive wounds and each victim was stabbed multiple times. There were no signs of sexual assault. Rumors that victims were tied and gagged are not accurate.
  • The two surviving roommates, the male seen at the food truck near KG and MM and the private party who provided a ride home to KG and MM that evening are not considered POI/suspects.
  • Two areas of interest within the city – generally south of Taylor Avenue to Palouse River Drive and west of Highway 95. Investigators have also canvassed other surrounding areas for surveillance, additional evidence and contacted residents to see if they have heard/seen anything that may be of importance.
  • Investigators seized the contents of 3 dumpsters and searched them but nothing of note was discovered. Local businesses were canvassed in regards to any fixed blades that were purchased – the blade has not been located so far.
  • Believe attack was targeted due to taking the totality of the circumstances into account. When Chief James Fry was asked if they know if it was one person who was targeted, he stated they are unable to say due to ongoing investigation but still believe it was a targeted attack.
  • They are looking everywhere that the evidence leads them. Can’t currently say what community the killer is in. Utilising every resource to make the location of that individual.
  • When asked whether 1 or 2 people were involved – investigation continuing to look at all avenues and they can’t disclose any of that information due to ongoing investigation. Chief James Fry closed questions by saying they don’t know how this happened without waking the other roommates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member