ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending upon the location within the house that the ‘unconscious’ victim was found and the colour of their clothing worn and the colour background that they lay against , in addition the amount of light coming in and if curtains or blinds were drawn , this will all contribute to the survivors potential trepidation and fear approaching what they aren’t sure is an unconscious body or a dead body and they probably called others I’ve to see what they thought. Don’t forget that the blood had around 8 hours to dry and depending upon light may have looked like spillage.
Also don’t forget that many people of that age have never seen a dead body before and will be cautious if there’s no movement and no response and probably kicked a foot and still no movement so freaked out. Personal I think people are too hung up over this issue but hey I could be wrong and I will admit if I am

JMHO
Lots of "hang ups" over a lot of issues! (JMO)

I tend to want logic & order to prevail over wild theorizing. Such a horrific crime scene with so many unique elements that may or may not have a connection makes logic quite challenging to assert or ascertain. I have so many questions!

I do feel there is a great LE team on this & we could all help quiet the overall frustration by not parsing every word in a wide variety of ways. No one speaks perfectly or should be expected to.

We have many facts. There are many unknowns. But we all want the same thing: justice for the victims.
MOO

In that scenario you say 'he' I take it you mean Ethan? If so, then I believe he was sharing the room with Xana so it wouldn't just be one victim they tried to wake.
My suspicion is he was out in the hallway. Thus why LE wouldn't tell us today "where" on the 2nd and 3rd floor victims were located.

Did he wake up and get a drink, chase someone, chased by someone, stumbled upon someone coming in....?

Also, different thought. I'm just not buying that all 4 victims were killed in their beds. And I bet police are banking on that misinformation to help them weed out tips, suspects, confessions.

If we're to believe that the victims were on Floors 2 and 3. Occam's razor tells me the killer targeted the 3rd floor and was maybe seen or confronted coming down the stairs through the 2nd floor to the first. It's either that or by the time he had finished on the 3rd floor (2 victims), and then the 2nd floor (2 more victims) he might have been in a panic, or unsuccessfully tried to get into the two sleeping roommates doors and decided to not to continue to press his/her luck.

Entirely possible although I have read a Fox news article where the detective said it was ‘sloppy’ with a lot of forensic evidence left behind.

let me try and find that article although it wasn’t new so has probably been posted already as I’m just looking at this case properly for the first time tonight so I’m a week behind

ALL MOO
It was in this interview with Kaylee's parents. I believe her dad said it.

There’s still something I don’t understand about the 911 call……I don’t think a surviving housemate called 911, I think a friend of the housemates did this, what I don’t understand is why wouldn’t you use your own phone? It’s either in your pocket or close by, why was there a need to use the housemates phone instead of their own phone?
Obviously I don’t know who made the 911 call, but it’s very possible it was the other roommate or her bf and they don’t want to name them because the media would hound them mercilessly. After what they’ve been through, it may be that LE just wants to protect witnesses. OR, if roommates freaked out due to whatever they found, it’s likely they’d call their support friends who may have been more composed and made the 911 call.

They are, after all, traumatized college kids, not mature adults.

“Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.”

It doesn’t sound like the caller actually saw a bloody victim. So did the killer lock the victims in their rooms? I can definitely think of a couple different types of locks where you can lock the door from the inside, walk out and close the door behind you leaving the door locked.
Great point! Maybe the survivor just couldn't get a response knocking on the door.

“Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.”

It doesn’t sound like the caller actually saw a bloody victim. So did the killer lock the victims in their rooms? I can definitely think of a couple different types of locks where you can lock the door from the inside, walk out and close the door behind you leaving the door locked.
It also says that the 911 dispatcher talked to multiple people. Therefore, the "911 caller" may have originated from one person (IMO, the surviving roommate(s) may have been in shock) but they spoke to multiple people on the call.

Most people would have called 911.

Don’t forget their age
They will be freaking out
They have probably never seen someone passed out before never mind a potential dead body

Moo
True. Just hard to fathom. I really want to understand what the “normal” was for these kids, they will inform on the behavior

I tend to want logic & order to prevail over wild theorizing. Such a horrific crime scene with so many unique elements that may or may not have a connection makes logic quite challenging to assert or ascertain. I have so many questions!

I do feel there is a great LE team on this & we could all help quiet the overall frustration by not parsing every word in a wide variety of ways. No one speaks perfectly or should be expected to.

We have many facts. There are many unknowns. But we all want the same thing: justice for the victims.
MOO
My only

MOO
My theories only come from being a Detective Chief Inspector and Accredited SIO ( senior investigative officer ) who has led many murder enquiries with my teams of Detectives so ignore my useless speculation.
You will get actual facts from LE when they choose to release them.
It was as stated JMOO
as this post is JMOO

Moscow Homicide Update
November 20, 2022

MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.

Updated Information:

• Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.

• At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe any individual at the residence, when 911 was called, is involved in this crime.

• Rumors and speculation continue circulating about the ongoing investigation. MPD cautions the public not to rely on rumors and remains committed to keeping the public informed. We urge reliance on official channels for accurate information.

• TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information is asked to call the Tip Line at 208-883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.

• PRESS RELEASES: All press releases go through the listserv process on the City of Moscow website. To sign up for news releases, visit News Flash
o Under Tools on the right side of the page, click Notify Me.
o Fill out the form at the top with your email address and or phone number.
o Scroll down to City of Moscow Press Releases and choose to be notified by email/phone.
o This action will allow you to receive all press releases as they are released.
o All news releases are posted on City of Moscow PD Facebook page.

• MEDIA: To streamline media inquiries and requests, please send them to moscowpdpio@ci.moscow.is.us. This email address is directed to the Communications Team and allows for quicker responses. The new PIO phone number is for media organization use only: 208-883-7181 (landline-only number, no texts). Email is the preferred format for requests and inquiries.

• We encourage our community to rely on official channels for the most accurate information. These are the City of Moscow News Releases and the Moscow PD Facebook page.

• There will be a News Conference to update the public on the investigation.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022
1:00 p.m.
University of Idaho
Alumni Lounge of the ICCU Arena
900 Stadium Drive, Moscow, Idaho
*Live streaming link

You know, reading this update may provide a valid reason why that 911 call isn't being released yet.

First, friends were summoned regarding ONE person who seemed to be unconscious. 911 was called over ONE person. In the course of that call (or multiple calls, I'm assuming one), multiple people spoke with 911. It's very possible the callers discovered at minimum 2 murdered individuals. I would bet that call is absolutely hysterical and chaotic. :(

JMO

OK now with the newly released info from tonight, a new thought entered my mind and made me remember something from my own college years. I'm wondering what kind of locks are on the bedrooms in this house. For instance, there's a kind of lock where, when inside the room, you twist it on the knob, then leave and close the door and you were able to lock it from the inside. So it could be possible the killer locked all or some of the victims inside their bedrooms (why? not sure, maybe to delay them being found).

So here is what happened once in my own college experience while living in the dorms. A friend on our floor was drinking excessively the night before. The next morning/late morning, a mutual friend needed to get something from them and is unable to rouse them from pounding on the door and calling their phone. Multiple of us shouted their name, pounded, and nothing. We got so worried that they died from alcohol poisoning, we did call campus police who was able to get in their room. They were thankfully alive and just in a super deep sleep.

Now sadly these victims were not just in a deep sleep. But could the roommates have found it odd the others in the house weren't up yet at near noon so they knocked on one of their doors and nothing. Then tried calling them and could hear their phone ringing in their bedroom with no answer. So they start to get a bit freaked and call friends over and have no idea what really lay on the other side of that door.

I should be in bed by now (2.58 am atm in Scotland where I am currently attending university), but before I do, one thing I can't get out of my head, the one I mentioned on my previous post: the phone call was made at 1.58 am. So, X&E and - separately - M&K had arrived at the flat at 1.45 am. That means within a 13-minute timeframe the killer, on a frenzy, stabbed four people to death and within that same timeframe the phone call had already been lodged and someone reported seeing an unconscious person, how is this possible?

What bothers me about this is that for a complete stranger who had never been inside this 3-floor house it would take at least a couple of minutes to figure out where to go, which doors were those to the bedrooms, double-check nobody was in the bathroom or the living room or the kitchen getting a snack, etc, especially if he/she already had a target in mind. All while being in a place pitch dark and trying not to make any noise. It has been reported one or more of the victims had defensive wounds, so those killings would have taken longer than those in which the victim/s were in a deep sleep and had no time to react and try to defend themselves.
Then there is E. If the killer did not know he was there, the element of surprise of finding a tall, strong male in the house would have caught him/her off guard and that would have added more time to his/her horrible operation.
13 minutes for four killings, surviving roommates woken up, phone call placed, and killer out of the door unseen by neighbours or anyone in the street? This timeframe does not add up for me at all.

Second thing that bothers me - X&E and also M&K arrived at 1.45 am - mere coincidence or were they ''summoned'' there by a person (I don't mean the surviving roommates, but someone else - the killer) with the excuse to chat about something and this was a trap? That was an initial theory in my head, but then this does not add up either as police have reported there were all asleep at the time of the attack, so that means the moment they got in, everybody got into bed fairly quickly and fell asleep.

I just don't see how this can have been perpetrated by someone who did not have at least a basic knowledge of the layout of the house. Uhm... I know my post does not add anything of value, just thinking out aloud. All of the above MOO, of course. Goodnight, fellow sleuths.

Criminals can get guns. I think the knife was used for the stealth component.
If this person had never murdered before and did this in the heat of the moment then he or she could have used the knife simply because that’s what they had available in their moment of rage.

I wonder if maybe Ethan wasn't killed immediately and tried to get up but ended up collapsing and dying in front of his bedroom door, blocking it? Maybe the roommates woke up and could tell there was someone on the floor in front of the door and tried to wake them but couldn't get in so couldn't see the blood? Then they called a friend "hey I think Ethan's passed out or something can you come?"

I can't imagine they could see the full scene if they called a friend first instead of calling 911.

Some of the drone footage focused on the area of the house where some sources have pointed out blood on the outside and in that footage I noticed some rocks that appear to have something on them. Could that also be blood? My eyes are absolutely terrible these days so maybe not. If so, it would suggest the killers movement afterwards.

Sorry if I missed this being discussed as I’m behind an entire new thread

8BC73EEB-CCC2-48D1-99EB-3D38351D3E52.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members