ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is slightly unfounded, but my opinion: i feel like the perp may be a woman.

waiting until they were asleep to be able to easily overpower them. others in the house wouldn't hear because stabbing deaths are generally pretty quiet (at least from what i've seen in TV). one initial puncture to the lungs and you can't build enough pressure to even make a sound.

if the dog, Murphy, was there it's likely he was more inclined to be accepting of a woman visiting than a man.
all entirely speculation/slightly unfounded/JMO

edit: removed "drunk and" because we know they likely had all been out drinking

Last edited:
I dont think it’s anywhere near as complicated as some people are making out.

IMO

* The 10 calls to J were drunken booty calls, and he was asleep At 3am so didn’t hear them
* The perp was a stranger who didn’t know the layout of the house and missed roommates on the bottom floor because he didn’t know they were there
* The surviving roommates called friends first either because the door was locked or because there was a body behind a door stopping it from opening so when a (stronger male friend possibly) forced the door open a little they saw a foot or something that made them think unconscious and not dead.

The skinned dog may well have something to do with this though, I’m not ruling out someone escalating from that to this.
I'm thinking the same here about everything you're saying. Re:the unconcious person.Would they have possibly been able to see in the window a little and gotten a glimpse of someone in the room on the floor, but not the whole picture? Add that with a phone going off, etc. and their spidey senses going off. Did they ever say someone was found outside a bedroom officially? Maybe they get up, see blood tracking from killers movements, paired with phone alarms going off etc. X and E's room was locked, so they look in a window to see what's up, and see a peek of something, call 911?

first time poster here, hi -
i think they meant fraternity brothers. not the other siblings of E's. given how close the frat house is to the scene, it would make sense. jmo
I can't speak for others, but I haven't been talking about frat brothers. I was talking about physical siblings, which one actually lived across the street. I believe that was where E was living also. He was just spending the night with his girlfriend.

I can't speak for others, but I haven't been talking about frat brothers. I was talking about physical siblings, which one actually lived across the street. I believe that was where E was living also. He was just spending the night with his girlfriend.
oh! that makes sense, my apologies for misunderstanding.

Just theorizing here: Perhaps what was targeted was not a person, but rather the house. Was someone kicked out of a party a while back? Harboring resentment and revenge? The killer was able to kill 4 people and then had to scram out of there quickly if the last murder made noise.

I am so confused by the time of death being estimated at between 2am and 5am. How can that be if they have records of 2 of the victims trying to make phone calls up until 2:52? Also the 911 call wasn't made until 11:58am. So if you go from the last phone call attempt 2:52am to 11:58am the time of the 911 call, that seems like a much broader window.
Unless, it wasn't actually the girls making the phone calls, but the killer using the girls phones. To maybe throw off the timeline? Seems like a stretch but possible?
That's a super interesting angle... I just find the calls to be bizarre. Coupled with the timeline moving up to INCLUDE when the calls were made...

Yes I agree that it would make sense that it occurred later but LE did officially change the time to 2-5 am . Maybe they are unsure if the calls made were distress calls , not really sure .
LE changed the window of time to include the period when multiple calls were made, yet also say those calls were unrelated to the attack. This seems significant. Perhaps they believe that E and X may have been attacked between 2:00-3:00 while unaware K and M placed repeated, completely unrelated calls to J. And the killer waited to move to their floor (3rd?) till after K amd M went to bed.

Someone else said, which makes sense, if the killer left through a window in one of the bedrooms, that’s how he could get out without trailing blood outside the bedrooms. It absolutely sounds like he had the doors locked from the inside which is why no one could open them. It’s the only thing that makes sense as to why they called a friend instead of 911

Maybe they did see blood? Where does it say they didn't? Just because 911 call was for "unconscious person" as has been reported, multiple people here have said that's just emergency services lingo before a death is confirmed especially when they don't know if it's a homicide yet. JMO
Whoever they saw could've been wearing dark clothing too which would have disguised just how bloody they were. I think this is 100% correct. I questioned why it would be classified as an "unconscious person" and have learned that's 911 operator coding, not necessarily what the caller(s) said. They could have said our friend isn't waking up and there's blood.

Since the surviving roommates and their friends who were there at the time aren't medical experts, they can't officially call that whoever they found is dead. It might seem obvious if they aren't breathing and have no pulse, but that's a call for LE to make, not private citizens. Thus, the operator will code it as an unconscious person and verbally tell responding officers what's being relayed to them on the phone.

This is also for the officer's safety and so they know when they arrive how many total people they have to account for, there's no weapons in the house, etc. But that might not be on the official 911 call because often operators are communicating separately and sometimes privately with officers.

Speculation as to why E&X were killed if they were not the "targets" - killer knew that it would be impossible to kill M&K (or what he wanted to do with them before or after) without second floor occupants hearing. So he gets rid of them first. Edit- or after. JMO
I've wondered if they were being watched. And the killer needed to take out the guy first.

Maybe they are just saying that because honestly, it’s rude and I’d find it really annoying if someone did that to me.
Someone who makes repeated phone calls to check in with friends before deciding what they'll eat for breakfast also doesn't jibe with the confident, go-getter high-achieving young woman they describe.

After seeing investigators search the backyard, I have some thoughts.

There is a lot of open brush behind the home, which I've circled here in red. It looks like in this area there are not any sectioned off backyards, things are pretty open and the fences that are there are short in height (4-5 feet max). I just get an eerie feeling looking at the backyard area. MOO

NFVHBuU.jpg

I didn’t find anything odd along these lines until this statement from police yesterday. Keep in mind that it’s one of the bloodiest crime scenes police have seen, and if the only concern was someone was passed out and not waking up, someone unaware of what happened would have thought there were friends/roommates on site to ask for help rather than calling outside friends to come help… https://m.facebook.com/100082550200493/
Here is the thing...cops from this town saying one of the bloodiest crimes scenes they've ever seen isn's saying much....how many of these cops have even been a part of a murder case at all, let alone something like this. We are talking about Moscow, Idaho. Most of these LEs haven't encountered many gruesome crimes. That's not a slight to the LE in the area - they live in a beautiful, low-crime area. That's not their fault.

Someone who makes repeated phone calls to check in with friends before deciding what they'll eat for breakfast also doesn't jibe with the confident, go-getter high-achieving young woman they describe.
All due respect, but that's a very unfair statement IMO. It was a Sunday morning with no scheduled classes and the two surviving roommates had been out the night before. Very unfair to generalize them like that if they weren't up at the crack of dawn studying and out and about on a Sunday.

Just theorizing here: Perhaps what was targeted was not a person, but rather the house. Was someone kicked out of a party a while back? Harboring resentment and revenge? The killer was able to kill 4 people and then had to scram out of there quickly if the last murder made noise.
Yes I wondered that too. Or if one person seemed to take on the brunt of the horror is that just happenstance or because it was intended that way?

Speculation as to why E&X were killed if they were not the "targets" - killer knew that it would be impossible to kill M&K (or what he wanted to do with them before or after) without second floor occupants hearing. So he gets rid of them first. Edit- or after. JMO
Or entered from sliding door and went up stairs, K and M were there killed in bed
Made a noise- woke up E and X
Encountered E when he came back down stairs, killed in doorway or hall
X killed in her room 2nd floor

GHI has K and M has having 3rd floor- they are also the oldest, so get the best rooms with balcony. X room 2nd floor where E was, two survivors in basement- youngest

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member