ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That other friends were summoned to the scene by the 911 caller doesn't mean they were summoned prior to his/her calling 911. It takes emergency crews a bit to get on site, and many of the friends lived within a stone's throw. If I recall, it hasn't been said who called 911, only that it was called from the roommate's phone. One could infer that it was likely the roommate herself.

My opinion.

Perhaps the killer was in the house waiting for his intended target vs breaking in after the group went to sleep.
I too think K was the targeted victim as indicated because She was just in town for the weekend. The opportunity presented itself to an individual who was fueled by rage. If the 2 girls upstairs were killed last~ he left completing his goal.
Hate is a powerful force and this appears to be from someone who was exploding with hatred.
Injured ego narcissistic rage is very dangerous
They literally destroy people who injure them psychologically destroy and in this case literally devour.
I’d look for individual who was unable to acquire the affection of K or M. And a person in their circle who is easily identified as a narcissist.

just my opinion

I need to say that I am desperately confused about Moscow PD's latest info release that one of the surviving roommates found of their roommates "passed out and not waking up" and they called their friends over? Did they just not see all the blood?

Sorry I am a little behind and catching up and reading everything now.. These threads are at a lightning pace
It seems the dispatcher asked if the person was responsive, as they typically do. The caller said now, so it was entered in as unresponsive or unconscious.
The reality is it doesn’t matter what the caller said so long as life in danger was relayed.
At that point the caller could also have been in danger, but they did not know that.

All of this is of course speculation- as we have heard it from LE and media sources who have changed the words- we have not heard it from the caller or dispatcher.

Is the 911 call suspect in any way? Not at all IMO, it came from a friend of the surviving 2 girls using their phone- and from at the house.

When the 911 call is released we will hear what all was said.

I see your point about them talking during the time she just spent with her family, but I don’t put much stock into their FB status. I don’t think their generation uses it as dynamically, so I’m not surprised they were still friends there. My guess is neither logs in that often. But of course, it’s all a guess and jmo.
She seems to be very active on various social media platforms. He does not. You are right, many in the college age group are no longer very active on FB, and some just never got that into it.

If you zoom into the pictures you can see at one part the liquid is dripping down over the pipe itself. Not saying it's blood or not. A lot of people are saying the blood would coagulate quickly but I would like to point out that when there is alcohol in your system your blood does not coagulate nearly as fast and seems runnier. I had to stop getting a tattoo once because I had drank the night before and the blood was running so much the artist had to stop. Also, responding to accidents involving alcohol lead me to that point as well.
Trying to catch up on overnight posts but if this is blood that might indicate that the victim
Or victims in this room were not in the bed but were on the floor against the wall where the blood is dripping. It seems like gravity would help it travel like this, but there would not be as much thru the walls if someone were on a bed where the mattress would absorb. This seems to indicate a concentration of blood- Someone bled out rather quickly which to me also indicates something more than just a stab wound. Maybe more of a slashing. Like Nicole brown simpson.

I hope this does not turn into a situation like kyron horman case where the local LE did not do what was best for the case but instead covered up their own inadequacies for self preservation. I get these vibes when I hear that other seemingly possibly related incidents are now “unfounded” . Bad optics aT a minimum. IMHOO

I feel as LE obtained camera footage from the night and morning of murder, more items became important to check out! I feel they know a lot from the cameras. There was a video on Jennifer Coffindaffer’s (former FBI) Twitter feed that showed an Officer at the top of the hill behind the house. He starts a timer and another Officer runs out below from trees and runs thru apartment parking lot. The DA was observing. So—- I feel they have camera footage they are investigating and reenacting!
I just looked and can't find a video like you described. Could you please link it? TIA

I can't begin to imagine the trauma and ptsd that will permanently alter the lives of the siblings, parents, surviving roommates, everyone closely connected to these victims. Every second of every day for the rest of their lives - the way they see and interpret the world around them will be permanently altered and significantly skewed by these events.
Good trauma therapy would at least help to mitigate those effects. These days far more is understood about traumatisations and how to heal the brain than just 5-10 years ago. There aren't enough trauma therapists around and afaik it's not covered in the US under normal health coverage but well-worth getting so as not to be permanently afflicted 24/7. IME and IMO.

Re: #1,009 (Google Earth coordinates)

Thank you to the posters who commented and the poster who bumped my post for visibility. I haven't been on WS since the new user interface and I'm having a hard time navigating the posts and replying to comments - apologies!

Today 11.21.22 there was media footage of LE extending the crime scene to the parking area behind the house.
- so this area seems key in terms of exit.

For a better visualization of coordinates given in the earlier post, here's a diagram. View attachment 381761

THank you, Neptune
I did not know Ted Williams was a retired homicide detective, hearing his voice is calming, he has been in the business a long long time.
JMO but from the beginning if the perp was not caught quickly it tells us they were more calculated. Exit the rear door and into the trees then to the west, look at the forested area to the west- avoiding traffic cameras, thousands of acres and an 8-10-12 hour head start.
So they are saying 8 days after they are now planning to search the parking lot behind the house and expand the crime scene. We could tell day 1 that this area was covered with trees and darker and also gives a birds eye view into the 3rd floor bedroom? I’m sorry, if I was a parent I would be beyond livid, that action screams crime scene 101, day 1 or 2, not day 8.

Prayers for the families, friends, students And school and community
JMO

MOO, but my working theory is that the perpetrator is a burgeoning serial killer. This may have been his first attack — or at least first time killing multiple people. If he is fixated on (and enraged by) blond sorority-girl types, he could have decided to target the residents in that house after observing the girls coming and going over a period of days.

One thought strikes me, which is that 4 of the 5 housemates look extraordinarily similar to each other. Honestly, observing from a distance (and with visitors coming and going), the perpetrator might not have even realized there were more than 3 girls living at the residence.

JMOO, I lean more toward budding serial killer.

Four victims, yet none of the killings awakened the other two house residents. Heavy sleepers? Had they been out drinking prior to going to bed? Or were the killings virtually silent?

If they died in their sleep as the coronor says, then they died in their beds. MOO, but I would hazard a guess that no lights were turned on, which might have attracted outside attention. Or, maybe not. But, if it was dark and the killer didn't know the layout of the house, I wonder if he wore night vision?

Could someone point me to the original picture/article/source that contains the picture of the substance on the exterior of the house? Checked the media thread and could t find it.

TIA :)

That other friends were summoned to the scene by the 911 caller doesn't mean they were summoned prior to his/her calling 911. It takes emergency crews a bit to get on site, and many of the friends lived within a stone's throw. If I recall, it hasn't been said who called 911, only that it was called from the roommate's phone. One could infer that it was likely the roommate herself.

My opinion.
I think there was a statement from LE that the call came from roommate's phone but was not made by roommate. This information can presumably be found on the media thread.

Who has a good theory on who the perpetrator is? Charicteristically speaking, no specific person.
IMO/MOO

This makes me think of the Lauren Giddings murder. I picture a Stephen McDaniel sort of person, not in looks, more so attitude.

Example: McDaniel was known to the victim peripherally, odd incel type, peeped on her, snuck into her apartment and stole underwear...that kind of perv. He planned to SA her, but was unable to because she fought back.

In a house full of girls, it is hard to say which, but I do have a feeling one was the main target.

There appears to be no evidence of sexual assault, but that doesn't mean the crime wasn't sexually motivated.

Also, not sure this is a 'good theory', but figured I would toss in what is rattling around in my head.

Sidenote: I have read/watched many true crime retellings and it seems common for people to not really register what they are seeing right away. Like people thinking they found a mannequin, when in reality it is a body.

Those roommates were in their home, their safety bubble, invincible at that age anyway. Even though maybe they saw something that would be obvious to a bystander, maybe their brains wouldn't quite accept it right away.

Your first thought might not be 'I guess someone broke in and murdered my 4 friends while we slept a floor below'.

It is a terrifying thought and I feel for them.

Do we know who the stalker was? Was it definitely K's stalker?
There was talk about an incident at the party where X and E were that night?
Do we have details or confirmation of that?
Also, the timeline for when E and X came home...was it 10pm or 1:45? Or did they go back out in between?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13