Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside Edition

K’s sister in an interview, part shown at .58 sec says she found neighbor ring camera footage that shows the girls being dropped off home by the driver.

If that is case, would this same camera not have caught other cars?

The tracks may or may not be important, but deciding that on day 4 of an investigation could compromise evidence. Was the area blocked off preventing other cars? Has it snowed? What about delivery trucks or trash trucks?
I feel as LE obtained camera footage from the night and morning of murder, more items became important to check out! I feel they know a lot from the cameras. There was a video on Jennifer Coffindaffer’s (former FBI) Twitter feed that showed an Officer at the top of the hill behind the house. He starts a timer and another Officer runs out below from trees and runs thru apartment parking lot. The DA was observing. So—- I feel they have camera footage they are investigating and reenacting!

If I remember correctly the Coroner updated and said one victim was on the floor

No I don't believe she has said that.

MSM originally reported that all were in bed, but later updated that.

CBS News:

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.

MSM originally reported that all were in bed, but later updated that.

CBS News:

Of the four University of Idaho students who were found stabbed to death in a rental house last Sunday, some were killed in their beds, the Latah County coroner told CBS News Friday.

Coroner Cathy Mabbutt would not provide any further details. She noted, however, that earlier media reports stating all four victims had been murdered in their beds were not accurate.
I stand corrected! I missed this. Thank you.

hi. long time watcher, first time caller!!
my mom used to live on this exact street in college and is absolutely terrified by what happened. i live in Washington for now studying criminal justice, but Idaho will always be my home, and my family and I are planning to donate to each of the families with our upcoming paychecks. I can't imagine this sort of horror, knowing your loved one's last moments were pure fear, desperation, anxiety, and adrenaline. It hurts to think about. but I'm dedicated to seeing this through to the conclusion. these 4 people have not left my mind since November 13.
thank you all for showing such interest in my community. I was around this past weekend in Moscow and people are very grateful for the love and concern (not so much the rumors, but, what can ya dooo...)
I have a google doc of all the articles I've seen come out & maps of the house from the user named Otto posted here which were very helpful.
(RBBM above)
JMO.

Welcome to Websleuths and thanks to all the new members who joined to share insights about these terrible acts.

Also: Great username, @Audrina. I remember reading My Sweet Audrina, but it has been a minute!

Thread is open again.
Threads are specifically dedicated to discussing the case. Do NOT derail any thread with off topic posts that question moderation or removed posts, or other posts that are not directly related to the case under discussion.

Members who join to incite conflict don't last around Websleuths. Go fight somewhere else.

Do not tell other posters how to think or how to post. If you have an issue, Report the post or scroll and roll without bickering over every little detail.

Thank you to Tricia and the tireless staff who keep us within the WS Terms of Service. Please heed their guidance. They keep our conversations focused on justice and prevent creating recent further victims of sensationalism and online toxicity.

I sometimes stumble with the rules and chafe when there’s something that can’t be discussed under TOS — but I recognize we all committed to these guidelines when we joined and I’m grateful for the thoughtfulness of everyone who upholds them.

JMO.

Edited: Sheesh, I somehow broke @Sillybilly’s quote in two and can’t seem to fix it but at least put the previously orphaned line in a quote of its own. By the time I learn the features, they get updated and improved!

I'm not sure they could see him. My suspicion is that he was in the locked bedroom. I think they may have heard a phone continuously ringing. Or an alarm that wouldnt stop going off. My guess is they banged and banged on the door and no one would answer. They got worried and called his brother/siblings since he lived close close by. That relative called 911.
MOO
This scenario makes complete sense. And would be reasonable for other people to be in the house when police were called

I stand corrected! I missed this. Thank you.

I only remember it b/c I watched one of the first interviews with the coroner, who answered to the positive when a reporter asked her if all the victims were in bed when it happened. She must have meant when it started? Like, one ?Ethan? got out of bed for some reason eta: hearing noise in the house?

Does anyone else think that the killer may have crossed paths with E and X at their frat party? It just seems like such an act of rage to me, that maybe he followed E and X home and cased the house, only seeing M and K come back home and did not even realise that other roommates were downstairs? I hope the police are looking into the frat house, it was very close to the home.

Does anyone else think that the killer may have crossed paths with E and X at their frat party? It just seems like such an act of rage to me, that maybe he followed E and X home and cased the house, only seeing M and K come back home and did not even realise that other roommates were downstairs? I hope the police are looking into the frat house, it was very close to the home.
Definitely a possibility. I’m hopeful that there will be some video someone’s captured through the night or outside the frat etc that might be helpful. With everyone on their phone so much I think there has to be SOMETHING.

Longtime lurker…this case has me officially joining the WS ranks. I have so much to say but I’m going to try and put together a comprehensive post eventually. Until then:

It may have been mentioned and I didn’t see it but what about a maintenance man? He would know the layout of the home, which rooms belong to whom, where furniture is. He would potentially know you can’t hear things upstairs when downstairs where the survivors were. Maybe he would know patterns of occupants. He could feel slighted by the tenants; he’s always working so they can party type thing, hence “targeted”. He knows the area, how to escape, where cameras are…. and aren’t. Seems he would be easy to rule out but the house was leased by a company….maybe they have a few maintenance people on payroll.

I‘m not sure this is the theory I would go with but it is a thought. My opinion and pure speculation of course.
Yep. That exact scenario happened to me in my 20s. Maintenance guy’s roommate (who had access to keys) had been coming into my apt when I was gone. I started sensing something, but couldn’t put my fingers on it. One day I asked a coworker to accompany me home and walk me inside (during the day, not my regular end of work day). When we walked inside, he was there. Naked with a knife. We ran out to a neighbors apt and called police. In the meantime, landscapers and other neighbors tackled him when he tried to flee. He was arrested but charges were later dropped (?). He somehow went on to do it again. I did sue the apt complex and had a favorable outcome.

I assume LE is looking at all these angles. Looking at anybody who has had access to the apt. Maintenance, pest control, AC/heating, etc.

During the Police news conference on Sunday, the police said they did not have a suspect in custody - they did not say that they have no suspects. I think we have to give the police/FBI credit for having a lot more than they are willing to tell us. They have also been known to publicly dismiss someone as a suspect when in fact they are stilI one. (I see they did not repeat this assertion in Sunday news conference but only referenced room mates, car driver, 911 caller, food truck guy as not being involved). I still think a certain person, who we are not allowed to name, is the perpetrator. The dog and the fact that EC did not always sleep over, KGs future plans and the fact that she was only there for the weekend to show off her new car and was going back home make me believe she was the target. This is of course, just MO.

He doesn't seem to have much social media presence. I have a son who is much that way...it just isn't really his thing. She was still friended on FB, and according to the interview with her parents, K & J talked often during the week and half K had just spent with her family. I wouldn't read too much into it.
I see your point about them talking during the time she just spent with her family, but I don’t put much stock into their FB status. I don’t think their generation uses it as dynamically, so I’m not surprised they were still friends there. My guess is neither logs in that often. But of course, it’s all a guess and jmo.

I was a college student in Baton Rouge when Derrick Todd Lee was active in our community. That period in my life is what led me to develop such an interest in these cases - all the whys and what ifs. I worked in the mall at the time and spent the entirety of the investigation looking at every single customer and thinking "could he be the one?". I was afraid every time I walked to my car in the dark. I called the police once when I had a flat tire at night near DTL's dumping grounds because I was afraid to get out of my car on the interstate, in the dark, alone. Then I called the police again when the officer got there to make sure it was the officer, because we'd heard rumors of DTL pretending to be police to gain access to his victims. While I didn't know any of the victims personally back then, I had several mutual friends with each of the college age victims. That experience has largely contributed to the anxiety I developed as a parent, especially as my kids are now 17 and 18. A college freshman and high school senior. I track them religiously - not to invade their privacy, but just to know they are safe. I wake up every morning and immediately check my college freshman's location to make sure he made it back to his apartment. I trust no one when it comes to random people/acquaintances. I can't begin to imagine the trauma and ptsd that will permanently alter the lives of the siblings, parents, surviving roommates, everyone closely connected to these victims. Every second of every day for the rest of their lives - the way they see and interpret the world around them will be permanently altered and significantly skewed by these events. The wake of this case will be deep and widespread. My heart hurts for everyone involved.
Gosh. I’d never heard of him and just read about it. Frightening. And Yao many women murdered in such close proximity.

I can only imagine the fear these students who live on King Rd and nearby must feel. Still don’t understand the initial “nothing to fear, isolated event” statement came from. Umm, yes, there’s plenty to fear.

According to Moscow PD Facebook, the surviving roommate summoned friends when she believed one of the second-floor victims was passed out and was not waking up. If this was based on a phone or alarm going off behind a locked closed door, why would the roommate summon friends over instead of going upstairs to the third floor to tell the other roommates?

If that had happened, the 911 call would be much different, imo. I think the roommate saw something she wasn't sure about and was too scared to go any further into the upstairs, so she went back down to get help. She might have even told the other surviving roommate and they both left the house because they were scared, then ran across the street to a friend's place. Then they all went back over and that's when the friend used the roommates phone to call 911. It's just my own thought.

Last edited:
But Bundy was a necrophile and here there is no indication of sexual assault.
True. I'm not making a full comparison to Bundy, just saying that the killer may have been someone that one of the victims has some brief contact with and did not get a creeper/stalker vibe from, or that the kiler could have trolled the area and been unremarkable to the public, perhaps even having brief interactions with people who thought nothing of it.

Who was mad enough to do this? "He disrespected me" How many dozens of times have you heard this excuse when a murder story appears in the last 10 years? Or latest- "he was bullied". This plumber starts there...eliminate retaliation for anything said/done by all 4 victims .. IMO

Wow - great find! I well remember the house from the 2000s & the first floor wasn’t a garage even back theT
If someone were to look at the building permits as far back as 73 there weren't any applied for for that specific conversion. Permit to add a garage was issued in 73 and there was one for a bathroom/ laundry room remodel and a couple of irrelevant others.

Perhaps the family have seen the text conversation on his phone?
Just a thought .. IMO
If the family asked to see the texts, it would be odd to refuse, right? I think that K’s sister would have asked. But then again, would that phone even be in the person’s possession at this point? How long before they return them, or do they never physically take them away?

They didn't say that E's brother or sister were at the house when the "unconscious person" call was made. They said that they found out about E's passing when the brother and sister called their parents. Also that Hunter and Maize "were there," that is, they also attended U of Idaho. That's how I heard what they were saying.
Or they could have been at the scene after the police were called. Regardless of which friends the surviving roommates summoned, I’m guessing someone in the frat would have noticed LE at the scene and told Ethan’s brother about it. If he went over there and wasn’t able to get ahold of Ethan, and I’m sure LE wasn’t giving him info right away, he could have called his sister to come join him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrayZee