ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not meaning to be mean in correcting anyone, but I've seen it posted by a few people that M and K worked at Mad Greek. It was actually M and X that worked there.

If we're thinking that maybe a customer/co worker could have done this - which I do think is a viable theory - then it seems important to know exactly which two girls worked there. It's my understanding that both girls worked there for a while and were close with their boss/co workers.

everyone keeps talking about the dog but the problem is the dog lived in a party house sees people all the time we dont know if he had a crate he was in at night also the dog wasn't a pit bull it was a fluffy dog wouldnt think it be a threat

Have the authorities ever explicitly stated that the murder weapon was serrated?
Only that it was a combat style knife as far as I know. Maybe someone can chime in if they said more. It is not known if it was a Ka Bar branded knife or another brand afaik. I would think they could tell by the injuries if it had a serrated edge and a pummel, which is why I believe they mentioned a combat knife. These knives are well built. The blade will not break or bend. They have a blood groove. This is not like even a quality butchers knife or other kitchen knives.

The longer this goes the use of a knife seems to be really telling. This area of the US has a lot of hunters and people with guns so why would he choose a knife? One stat indicates ID is #4 for gun ownership in the United States. *

Use of a knife over a gun can be significant. It's slower, more physical and more personal. It's also quieter in theory but not if something goes wrong or someone hears something. It can be more easily dropped in a scuffle especially if slippery with blood. he waited until they were in bed (how did he know that though?). Being in bed is more vulnerable but with so many people in the house it speaks to confidence and/or recklessness.

This crime would likely require brute strength, some sort of stealth knowledge. Due to the strength and total callousness I would guess older than college age. Likely a person who has killed before since killing like this would be seriously shocking if it was the first time. And he didn't stop at 1 or 2 victims but just kept going. IMO likely someone with either military or private militia background (also big in NW US). Would almost certainly have to be a hunter. Significant anti social tendencies. Potential for delusional thinking.

One fear I would have is that he is sticking around in the area to keep tabs on the mayhem. Perhaps going out to a place in the wilderness , cabin or hunting spot.

It seems like the Mad Greek restaraunt could be significant since both K and M worked there. Maybe this person ate there and developed a fixation on one or both girls. Servers have to talk to people and be friendly to some extent.

I would want to ask anyone in that area of the restaraunt , or any place across from it, if they saw someone ho was a bit creepy or off putting or who the girls made an offhand comment about. Maybe someone who didn't stick out like a sore thumb but also didn't fit in. Would want to know what is across the street as he would likely be watching them to learn their movements. I would want to know if there was someone who used to hang around who isn't there now.

Ultimately this is a very scary case and I would not be going back there if I was from U of I.

*Gun Ownership by State 2022
Although mass shootings seem to be occurring frequently these days, it seems mass shooters have different motives than people who use knives. (Someone who derives pleasure from torture) It's a different kind of "sicko".
I think of Richard Speck in the nurse's dorm.

How Richard Speck's Rampage 50 Years Ago Changed a Nation

Last edited:
Agreed! There’d be much easier/cleaner/less risky ways to do it if they were only after one person.

Unfortunately, these poor girls weren’t too careful about what they posted online, so there are literally hundreds & hundreds of people who could have been keeping tabs on their lives & whereabouts without their knowledge. It sounds like the house is well known in the area, so it wouldn’t have been hard for anyone to find them based on social media posts showing the exterior of the home. The freaking floor plan is available on Zillow. Their TikTok’s illustrate who’s in which room. Instagram tells you exactly who’s around at any given time. It’s just WAY too easy for creeps these days.

Speaking of, did anyone else find the twitch stream kind of weird? The fact that random men are sitting around watching a live cam of drunk college kids picking up food & offering to pay for the cute ones meals is super strange to me…
Can someone link me to info about this?

I'm not meaning to be mean in correcting anyone, but I've seen it posted by a few people that M and K worked at Mad Greek. It was actually M and X that worked there.

If we're thinking that maybe a customer/co worker could have done this - which I do think is a viable theory - then it seems important to know exactly which two girls worked there. It's my understanding that both girls worked there for a while and were close with their boss/co workers.

Thank you for setting the record straight on which girls were servers at Mad Greek.
That is a very important detail.

Thank you. I had put K and M. Sorry about that. although does make me wonder if both girls , M and X , were the victims in a way if the killer knew them both from the restaraunt. That could also explain why he would go into two rooms but not the others on first floor and also why he would kill the "partner" so to speak in terms of boyfriend and best friend

IMO

I was a college student in Baton Rouge when Derrick Todd Lee was active in our community. That period in my life is what led me to develop such an interest in these cases - all the whys and what ifs. I worked in the mall at the time and spent the entirety of the investigation looking at every single customer and thinking "could he be the one?". I was afraid every time I walked to my car in the dark. I called the police once when I had a flat tire at night near DTL's dumping grounds because I was afraid to get out of my car on the interstate, in the dark, alone. Then I called the police again when the officer got there to make sure it was the officer, because we'd heard rumors of DTL pretending to be police to gain access to his victims. While I didn't know any of the victims personally back then, I had several mutual friends with each of the college age victims. That experience has largely contributed to the anxiety I developed as a parent, especially as my kids are now 17 and 18. A college freshman and high school senior. I track them religiously - not to invade their privacy, but just to know they are safe. I wake up every morning and immediately check my college freshman's location to make sure he made it back to his apartment. I trust no one when it comes to random people/acquaintances. I can't begin to imagine the trauma and ptsd that will permanently alter the lives of the siblings, parents, surviving roommates, everyone closely connected to these victims. Every second of every day for the rest of their lives - the way they see and interpret the world around them will be permanently altered and significantly skewed by these events. The wake of this case will be deep and widespread. My heart hurts for everyone involved.
Your post broke my heart. I went to college in Center City Philadelphia during the time of the Center City Rapist (and murderer) so I can sympathize.

No one can begin to imagine how exhausting the anxiety and hypervigilance of PTSD can be when we fear for our children after we have survived our own trauma(s). It is even more exhausting when we try to hide our fears so as not to make our kids fearful, too.

The longer this goes the use of a knife seems to be really telling. This area of the US has a lot of hunters and people with guns so why would he choose a knife? One stat indicates ID is #4 for gun ownership in the United States. *

Use of a knife over a gun can be significant. It's slower, more physical and more personal. It's also quieter in theory but not if something goes wrong or someone hears something. It can be more easily dropped in a scuffle especially if slippery with blood. he waited until they were in bed (how did he know that though?). Being in bed is more vulnerable but with so many people in the house it speaks to confidence and/or recklessness.

This crime would likely require brute strength, some sort of stealth knowledge. Due to the strength and total callousness I would guess older than college age. Likely a person who has killed before since killing like this would be seriously shocking if it was the first time. And he didn't stop at 1 or 2 victims but just kept going. IMO likely someone with either military or private militia background (also big in NW US). Would almost certainly have to be a hunter. Significant anti social tendencies. Potential for delusional thinking.

One fear I would have is that he is sticking around in the area to keep tabs on the mayhem. Perhaps going out to a place in the wilderness , cabin or hunting spot.

It seems like the Mad Greek restaraunt could be significant since both K and M worked there. Maybe this person ate there and developed a fixation on one or both girls. Servers have to talk to people and be friendly to some extent.

I would want to ask anyone in that area of the restaraunt , or any place across from it, if they saw someone ho was a bit creepy or off putting or who the girls made an offhand comment about. Maybe someone who didn't stick out like a sore thumb but also didn't fit in. Would want to know what is across the street as he would likely be watching them to learn their movements. I would want to know if there was someone who used to hang around who isn't there now.

Ultimately this is a very scary case and I would not be going back there if I was from U of I.

*Gun Ownership by State 2022
I also have wondered about the bar they were at before the food truck. I think it is called the Cozy Corner? How long were they there? Does it have cameras inside? Not alot of talk here I have seen of this location. Most chatter seems to be about the sorority/frat party.

Thank you. I had put K and M. Sorry about that. although does make me wonder if both girls , M and X , were the victims in a way if the killer knew them both from the restaraunt. That could also explain why he would go into two rooms but not the others on first floor and also why he would kill the "partner" so to speak in terms of boyfriend and best friend

IMO
I think that would make sense. Everyone has been focusing on K (myself included) being the target because we know the most about her, but I think the theory of M and X could hold water. I could see E being a target as well being the boyfriend, especially if X was the main target. I also think that theory would make sense if K just happened to be sleeping in M's room that night. She might have just been collateral damage. All very much speculation, but a different theory than what has been put forward most often here.

It's a good question for law enforcement.
I personally don't believe blood can travel that far in cracks before coagulating. If I had a bucket of blood and poured it in the crack between the floor and the siding, I don't know if would make the 6 inch journey through through the siding.

ETA: I have no idea what heating oil looks like. So, I don't know what heck it is on the foundation. However, in the pic there is one streak that seems to be coming upward from the ground.

ETA: I'm also a former nurse. Blood will drip from gurneys onto the floor, but I don't know if nurses are experts with blood in cracks

.View attachment 381872

In regards to the coagulation portion.

Alcohol in the body thins the blood and affects clotting. Therefore, a mass amount of blood in a house would probably run like this if it leaked through.

I didn’t believe that it was at first, but the picture with the pipe combined with the theorization by the coroner makes me believe it really is.

Doodles are notorious for being overly friendly. They’ll let you know someone is coming but not necessarily be a guard dog. Very easy to win them over.
Very true! The poodle half is poodle like, very skittish,, very disturbed by loud noises, my half doodle welcomes strangers with gifts, running around the house till she finds a shoe to hand to the stranger as a welcome gift. Poodles are intelligent, but they spook easily. (Source? See dog literature on breed characteristics.) mine won’t let me watch movies with violence or she becomes distressed.

Last edited:
They have been back and forth with this. Maybe it looks more like an execution than a rampage.

The killer was stealthy. He used a knife because a gun makes noise. The right person could kill people in their sleep with a knife, and no one would make a noise.

You obviously don't have teenagers. They slept until noon because that's what they do. Not church goers.

Again, because the murderer quietly used a knife.

The roommate or roommates who found the victims probably had just witnessed their first dead body.

Just to make sure they hadn't overlooked any.

Maybe they hadn't got to it yet. From the reports, they searched a lot of them already.

All of the evidence is a puzzle they piece together. They don't have enough or the right piece yet.
@ Sandvol, not here to disagree but cameras have certain storage capacity, IMO.. first short LE presser on Day 1 investigation should have been for public to check every camera in stated radius around 1122 King Road and in Downtown Moscow area and save footage/report any movement, anything unusual, simple, short request. AMOO

drunk dialing an ex, imo. Typical college behavior.
Maybe the two girls were killed first, then the murderer is hiding in their room tries to leave and Chaplin hears something and attempts to stop him …so the killer panics and kills the two witnesses.

everyone keeps talking about the dog but the problem is the dog lived in a party house sees people all the time we dont know if he had a crate he was in at night also the dog wasn't a pit bull it was a fluffy dog wouldnt think it be a threat
The dog being in a crate would make sense as to why LE didn't find him until later in the evening.

I also have wondered about the bar they were at before the food truck. I think it is called the Cozy Corner? How long were they there? Does it have cameras inside? Not alot of talk here I have seen of this location. Most chatter seems to be about the sorority/frat party.
Not Cozy Corner. The name of the bar is Corner Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000