ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure I missed it a few threads back, but is there a map that shows the route that the girls took back from the grub truck to the house? I’m just curious if the new taping off the back area(parking area) so late in the game is due to maybe them learning they took a different route home from phone GPS?

The Corner Club

Sports Illustrated called this sports bar--which Best Friends Forever Kaylee Goncalves and Madison Mogen visited on Saturday, Nov. 12--"Best Sports Bar" in the Western Region of the USA.

Source:

title: Finding America's Best Sports Bars: Idaho's Corner Club Has Nailed the Formula
by: Brandon R. Schrand for Sports Illustrated
published: Jul 19, 2013

link, original:
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2013/07/19/finding-americas-best-sports-bars-idahos-corner-club-has-nailed-the-formula

link, archive:
https://archive.ph/Wj49i

I apologize if this has been mentioned already - it's hard to keep up with the activity of these threads.

I lean towards the killer being unassociated with the victims (and therefore will be much more difficult to apprehend), but does anyone else think it's strange that a reward for information has not been offered by LE? I personally hadn't thought about this, but I guess it could indicate that they have some idea of perpetrator and are just gathering enough evidence to arrest them. In high profile cases, especially a quadruple homicide where LE does not have any suspects, it seems unusual that a monetary award has not been announced for information? Just MOO, happy to hear other's thoughts on this / comparisons to other cases.

I also recognize that LE has stated they don't know if the perp is still in the community, or has fled - it would be strange to say this if they did have someone in mind.
Maybe if they start asking for a reward, people will know they have no information possibly ? Jmo

This one?

yeah! this person had posted several shots of what the cameras in the area would see.

City of Moscow Police Department

20m ·

PRESS RELEASE
Monday evening Blaine Street Incident Update
November 22, 2022 - 11:00 A.M.
Just before 5:15 p.m. last night, 911 received a call reporting suspicious activity in the 600 block of Blaine St. A female caller informed the dispatcher that she saw a male in the front passenger seat of her vehicle when she opened the car door. The female, who was with her sister, slammed the car door and ran screaming from the car and called 911.
Multiple neighbors heard the girls screaming and came to assist. They checked the area but did not find anyone. The neighbors told responding officers that they had not seen anyone in or exit the vehicle. A passerby informed the sisters of seeing a male chasing them and left before speaking with officers. They were unable to confirm these details, and the officer was unaware of this information during the time of the call.
Police checked the area. Officers contacted a male matching the description but learned he and a friend had just returned from a restaurant and the male approached the sisters to help. The male withdrew and waited to talk with officers when accused of being involved.
Based on their knowledge at the time, officers closed the incident as unfounded. This term is used to close an incident that cannot be initially substantiated. However, if additional information is obtained, the incident can be reopened.
Online reports created immediate speculation that implied there was a link to this incident with the ongoing homicide investigation. We urge residents to remain alert and vigilant. Additionally, we remind the public (& media) that investigative releases of information will be through official channels.

I apologize if this has been mentioned already - it's hard to keep up with the activity of these threads.

I lean towards the killer being unassociated with the victims (and therefore will be much more difficult to apprehend), but does anyone else think it's strange that a reward for information has not been offered by LE? I personally hadn't thought about this, but I guess it could indicate that they have some idea of perpetrator and are just gathering enough evidence to arrest them. In high profile cases, especially a quadruple homicide where LE does not have any suspects, it seems unusual that a monetary award has not been announced for information? Just MOO, happy to hear other's thoughts on this / comparisons to other cases.

I also recognize that LE has stated they don't know if the perp is still in the community, or has fled - it would be strange to say this if they did have someone in mind.

From what I’ve heard, there are reasons for not announcing a reward right away. If they’re getting a flood of tips, all of which need to be investigated, having a reward might inspire people to send in less and less likely tips, perhaps.

MOO

someone a few threads back had posted a bunch of photos of street cameras! i can try to track them down but it might be a while

And will a defense lawyer, ala Baez (ugh) argue that DNA found at the scene and perp driving close to crime scene between, say...12 and 5AMish still just be circumstantial evidence??

Does LE need more??

I was also thinking...perp walking to and from crime scene. Would not think there were too many people walking around at that time of night. And then cars driving away from the general area...he did not fly....and it's a relatively small town. Do they have traffic cameras?
Traffic cams. Click the blue dots and then the blue address to view the snapshot. There are several throughout the town.

I’m sure I missed it a few threads back, but is there a map that shows the route that the girls took back from the grub truck to the house? I’m just curious if the new taping off the back area(parking area) so late in the game is due to maybe them learning they took a different route home from phone GPS?
The person who drove them home probably gave that info to police. If phone records contradicted their story, it would raise suspicion.

Based on my experience unstable individuals will stalk, pursue, threaten without a triggering event. When I was employed by the US Congress an individual came into my office seeking assistance. I offered him a cup of water and some snacks that were on a side table since he seemed ill at ease. From that point forward he stalked me mercilessly. During his commitment hearing he appeared very lucid and kept reiterating he was entitled to seek assistance. But ultimately admitted he called the office up to 15 times a day, left countless voice messages, showed up in my office multiple times a day (until he was banned) and followed my colleague home admitting he was looking for me because I’d given him « the sweets » and he had to keep the area around my office « clean. » The man was ultimately committed to the state psychiatric hospital, released and committed again.
Good point

I think the killer counted on this house of young college women not having a firearm, for sure.
I agree, IMO the victims were targeted. The perp may have had the idea from one of the yearly sorority slasher movies produced. I see the perp as wanting to inflict violence on a house full of young women. EC was a unsuspected guest in what should have been a house full of females.

I would look for a 20 something male INCEL that has recently failed college and is still hanging out in the area. The perp may have been in the residence before at one of the parties that appear to have been common. Someone who blames society for his situation, is angered by women who he can't get attention from, and is jealous of popularity and perceived success.

Google "INCEL Sorority"... this is not that uncommon.

From what I’ve heard, there are reasons for not announcing a reward right away. If they’re getting a flood of tips, all of which need to be investigated, having a reward might inspire people to send in less and less likely tips, perhaps.

MOO

Yes, if they have a backlog of legitimate tips, they don’t want to be overwhelmed with less probable tips like someone calling in their neighbor because he is weird and grumpy

I kinda think it's what they first released. A crime of passion but the mother may have misunderstood what they meant.

I feel this person was jealous, felt outcast, and that they were smarter, or had better common sense. So, why weren't they chosen/included? The use of a knife seems very personal too. Very sloppy. Angry. Not well-planned. I feel the perp had been in the house. It was said to be an average college party house. If you've ever been to one, people invite people who are friends of friends and you may not know who is in your home. There's that one fella, but they cleared them all at the food truck didn't they? He gave me pause though. I'm so far behind.
Crime of Passion Legal Description

Police say community is safe but urge people to remain 'vigilant' following killings of four UI students, no arrests
I agree with a lot of this. The jealousy can be for a variety of reasons. Romantic, academic, financial, etc. I also believe there must have been some familiarity of the house and its residents. I wonder if there is someone within the orbit of the victims, specifically MM or KG, whose circumstances have dramatically changed within the past few months? Academic probation/suspension, loss of scholarship/financial aid, loss of employment, failed relationship, etc.

MOO
If they really have no lead on the perp, wouldn't a flood of tips be better than nothing at all? I'm sure LE and everyone in the community wants to do whatever it takes to get this solved. I think no reward yet is interesting for sure. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel