ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND, perp had 9 hours plus to bury clothes, hide weapon, etc. I imagine blood evidence was dry by then. And if it was a party house, a lot of DNA in that place. And how many people knew the code to get in?

I think knowledge of the knife, and security cameras might be what solves this case.
In my opinion the cctv at the Corner Club will be a key to this. If the cameras were active.

Sorry if this has been posted, so many posts I cannot keep up with this case and others I am following but just wanted to drop this off here. I saw this interview CP did with Moscow police dept.'s PIO on last night's Closing Arguments with Vinnie Politan among other video as the show covered the Moscow, ID murders the entire two hours with the exception of a short segment about Quinton Simon.

In my opinion the cctv at the Corner Club will be a key to this. If the cameras were active.
as an ex bartender, most of the bars i worked at ran on a 24 hour deletion thing with the cameras. i don't know how to word that but basically every 24 hours the "tape" so to speak would be recorded over/deleted. sorry if that makes zero sense. hopefully that's not the case with Corner Club and if it is, hopefully they were able to retrieve the footage.

We are dedicated gamers so I am not criticizing that but wondering if there might be a connection there or through a particularly violent game that the murderer obsessed about acting out.
I still believe that this was a planned and carefully orchestrated crime, not spur of the moment rage or rejection.
I can’t shake the concern that this was not the killer’s first murderous episode, either. IMO

There had to be a triggering event. An unpleasant interaction, somebody getting a citation, somebody getting in trouble, someone who thought they were important getting blown off, something…something triggered this horrific crime
Based on my experience unstable individuals will stalk, pursue, threaten without a triggering event. When I was employed by the US Congress an individual came into my office seeking assistance. I offered him a cup of water and some snacks that were on a side table since he seemed ill at ease. From that point forward he stalked me mercilessly. During his commitment hearing he appeared very lucid and kept reiterating he was entitled to seek assistance. But ultimately admitted he called the office up to 15 times a day, left countless voice messages, showed up in my office multiple times a day (until he was banned) and followed my colleague home admitting he was looking for me because I’d given him « the sweets » and he had to keep the area around my office « clean. » The man was ultimately committed to the state psychiatric hospital, released and committed again.

We are dedicated gamers so I am not criticizing that but wondering if there might be a connection there or through a particularly violent game that the murderer obsessed about acting out.
I still believe that this was a planned and carefully orchestrated crime, not spur of the moment rage or rejection.
I can’t shake the concern that this was not the killer’s first murderous episode, either. IMO
I have the same feeling, too, although there isn't enough evidence to be sure. Just seems too unrealistic for me to decide to walk into a home and stab that many people so confidently and methodically just bc of emotion? Emotion would've made it much sloppier as well, and I get the feeling that the police could be lying about the "sloppiness" and "mountain of evidence" left behind.

I was also thinking...perp walking to and from crime scene. Would not think there were too many people walking around at that time of night. And then cars driving away from the general area...he did not fly....and it's a relatively small town. Do they have traffic cameras?

I apologize if this has been mentioned already - it's hard to keep up with the activity of these threads.

I lean towards the killer being unassociated with the victims (and therefore will be much more difficult to apprehend), but does anyone else think it's strange that a reward for information has not been offered by LE? I personally hadn't thought about this, but I guess it could indicate that they have some idea of perpetrator and are just gathering enough evidence to arrest them. In high profile cases, especially a quadruple homicide where LE does not have any suspects, it seems unusual that a monetary award has not been announced for information? Just MOO, happy to hear other's thoughts on this / comparisons to other cases.

I also recognize that LE has stated they don't know if the perp is still in the community, or has fled - it would be strange to say this if they did have someone in mind.

I was also thinking...perp walking to and from crime scene. Would not think there were too many people walking around at that time of night. And then cars driving away from the general area...he did not fly....and it's a relatively small town. Do they have traffic cameras?
Good question. I will check it out and see if I can find any.

I kinda think it's what they first released. A crime of passion but the mother may have misunderstood what they meant.

I feel this person was jealous, felt outcast, and that they were smarter, or had better common sense. So, why weren't they chosen/included? The use of a knife seems very personal too. Very sloppy. Angry. Not well-planned. I feel the perp had been in the house. It was said to be an average college party house. If you've ever been to one, people invite people who are friends of friends and you may not know who is in your home. There's that one fella, but they cleared them all at the food truck didn't they? He gave me pause though. I'm so far behind.
Crime of Passion Legal Description

Police say community is safe but urge people to remain 'vigilant' following killings of four UI students, no arrests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases