ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpha Phi and Pi Beta Phi from their instagrams
Which of the roommates were or are in Alpha Phi, do you remember? And which of the roommates were or are in Pi Beta Phi? thanks for any info you may have on this.

I do recall that early on, one of the national sororities posted their condolences but it was way back on this forum and not sure if I would be able to find it now.

Is Ka-Bar kind of a generic knife term for knife enthusiasts? I have no idea. Kind of like saying Coke (the beverage) in the South - it's kind of all encompassing.
The only official who has addressed the knife question so far is the Coroner and all she said was it’s a “large knife.”
I would think that it is a strong, sharp, longer knife. Possibly with some serration but we don't have any detailed facts from the autopsy, either. So with the little we know as fact or official statements, it could be a K- Bar or another similar.
The whole K Bar issue came about based on 1 early interview. The business owner said LE asked if they had sold one recently and he said no.
Realistically, the questioning by LE was not that abrupt or limitd so I assume it could be any brand with characteristics similar to a K-Bar. IMO
At the same time, maybe the “sloppy” means they found a sheath- how lucky that would be! MOO

Seems a stretch. There’s no proof she missed any exams. We helpe buy our two buys their cars. We also supported our son bike touring in Europe before he took his job. I’ve known more than several former students that have done what KG hoped to do.
It does seem like a lot of money and I understand it could have come from parents or a sign on bonus from the new job. What I don’t understand is why she left school early? Was she finishing from home? Or Graduate last spring semester?

Unlike TV shows, crimes are not solved in hours or even days/weeks/months or years. It takes time.

Trust that LEOs are doing all they can to find the perp and will NEVER give up.
Actually, most crimes are solved in shorter periods of time. Its a typical bell curve, with the majority of crimes solved in a decent amount of time..the outliers are the ones that are solved immediately and the ones solved over years and years. The longer it takes to solve, the more difficult and less likely its solved.

The thing about the blood on the foundation. First of all, it does look like blood, but I've read where the students were killed on the 2nd and 3rd floor and that looks as though it's a ground floor--due to the foundation. I can see in a very rare case where blood might leak along the edge of the floor and out from above the sill plate, but would it run all the way down from a story above?

Just me thinking aloud here.

The thing about the blood on the foundation. First of all, it does look like blood, but I've read where the students were killed on the 2nd and 3rd floor and that looks as though it's a ground floor--due to the foundation. I can see in a very rare case where blood might leak along the edge of the floor and out from above the sill plate, but would it run all the way down from a story above?

Just me thinking aloud here.
if you look at the layout of the house, that is the 2nd floor but is on the ground in the back of the house where it's facing the wooded area/parking lot behind house. the ground floor (basement) where the survivors were, faces the street.

edited woods because it's not really woods, just a small wooded area.

The tricky thing is, I'm sure, not many people have alibis that can be solid for 2-5am... Unless they were sleeping with someone and that person wasn't lying when confirming...
Similarly I think this is why they haven't confirmed outright the ex has been cleared (at least I don't think they have?). The missed calls were more than likely due to him being asleep, but that certainly isn't a super solid alibi. LE have been more than happy to state the calls had no connection to the murders, which I take to read as them confirming the calls were drunk dials and not from 2 girls sensing danger.

Not a Twitter user, but I sure would like to know whether the victims’ doors were locked. I’ve convinced myself that they were since another WS suggested it many threads ago. It explains the survivors’ behavior with regard to calling friends before 911 (“Hey! We can’t get your brother up, and the door’s locked. Can you yank it open or bring over a ladder so we can get to a window?”). More importantly, it shows some composure on the part of the perpetrator. I really don’t think this was this guy’s first time. If it was’t, his priors were elsewhere. All MOO.

Not a Twitter user, but I sure would like to know whether the victims’ doors were locked. I’ve convinced myself that they were since another WS suggested it many threads ago. It explains the survivors’ behavior with regard to calling friends before 911 (“Hey! We can’t get your brother up, and the door’s locked. Can you yank it open or bring over a ladder so we can get to a window?”). More importantly, it shows some composure on the part of the perpetrator. I really don’t think this was this guy’s first time. If it was’t, his priors were elsewhere. All MOO.
That's what I've been thinking. But also, who locked the door? Did the killer lock it on his way out?

Which of the roommates were or are in Alpha Phi, do you remember? And which of the roommates were or are in Pi Beta Phi? thanks for any info you may have on this.

I do recall that early on, one of the national sororities posted their condolences but it was way back on this forum and not sure if I would be able to find it now.

Pi Beta Phi: Xana Kernodle, Madison Mogen

Alpha Phi: Kaylee Goncalves

Ok, that's good to know! Most of the men my dad has hunted with over the years, they know what each other has. I think someone mentioned in the thread that the specific type of knife that is suspected to have been used in the murders is more of a "collectors"/pass-down type item, less in use now. So I thought it might be more likely that someone in that sort of community would know about it.
I do think that level of familiarity would be limited to long term residents. Collegetowns have a very transient population. Most students are there for 4-5 yrs and then move on. Other than relationships in the community at large they likely just hang out and are familiar with fellow students.

The tricky thing is, I'm sure, not many people have alibis that can be solid for 2-5am... Unless they were sleeping with someone and that person wasn't lying when confirming...

And that might be one reason why someone is NOT cleared. There might be no reason at all to suspect the person, but the police aren’t going to go out on a limb to say ‘cleared.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel