ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily mail just posted a video if anyone smarter than me can attach it you will see the dog. Certainly explains everything. A small poodly puppy who must have be totally horrified and traumatized. No threat whatsoever. He may have barked and maybe that’s why Ethan got out of bed?

Yes, absolutely. “Beyond a reasonable doubt”

And this is why I think LE is taking time to arrest. I think they might have circumstantial evidence, and maybe motive...but need more to convict.

Too many juries watch crime shows where everything is locked down in one hour with hard evidence.

HOW were people convicted before DNA and witnesses or video?

I was wondering the exact same thing. Almost nobody uses cameras with timers anymore.
Definitely a possibility that someone took it, but a lot of "young people" have these camera holders with lights these days - like what instagrammers/youtubers use. Could be they set up with one of those. Kind of like this:

I'm hoping they're honing in on the geofencing data. If the perp was dumb enough (though I suspect not) to carry a cell phone, there will be only about seven cell phone signatures in the house at 3-4 am.
I would not be surprised if he was dumb enough.
There was talk of geofencing with Lina Sardar Khil's disappearance, but it never happened. They also didn't use it for the guy who disappeared near Luling. It's rarely used. Most perps aren't aware of it. I think it's mostly used for terrorism cases.

Last edited:
I agree. I think it is possible that a juvenile living nearby or a homeless man in the woods may be responsible. If a dog really was skinned with a knife then the person who did that could be the killer for sure. Is it possible that an animal attack could mimic skinning with a knife? LE just dismissed it. and that seems odd. Or maybe someone with mental issues who just could not tolerate the noise any longer. I think lE is just waiting for the blood tests and hoping that science will solve it. They don’t seem to have a clue. I think a knife was used because the perp had no access to a gun.

Danny Rolling lived for weeks in the Gainesville woods before/during/after those murders. He also used a Ka-Bar knife

can anyone provide a layout of the moscow idaho house interior ?

Reactions: d4j
And this is why I think LE is taking time to arrest. I think they might have circumstantial evidence, and maybe motive...but need more to convict.

Too many juries watch crime shows where everything is locked down in one hour with hard evidence.

HOW were people convicted before DNA and witnesses or video?
Yes! 100% agree!

My theory, not fact: a reward would bring out every cash-hungry loonie within 60 miles, calling in garbage leads in hopes of striking gold. I believe DNA will be what eventually solves this, but if it indeed is eventually solved by a lead, it will probably be from a family member of the offender, who has observed an enabler-type dynamic between the offender and a parent (think Adam Lanza and Nancy Lanza, or Payton Gendron and Pamela Gendron, or just this week Anderson Aldrich AKA Nicholas Brink and Laura Voepel). If a family member somewhere observes this, suspects maybe and calls it in, that might become the lead that makes the difference. But I don’t think it’d be a reward or a video, at this point.

First post here. I am wanting to tap into the WS knowledge from other cases. There has been considerable discussion of the Perpetrator>POI>Suspect evolution in a case like this, but I am wondering how often in other cases the first official acknowledgment of the suspect comes from the arrest.

In this case, I suspect that will be how it goes down. I don't think they are going to come out with an artists rendition or name one of the identified subjects or anything like that. Feeling pretty strongly that the first time he will be acknowledged as a suspect is when they announce the arrest. ...Or when they are about to arrest him and he flees.

So how often is the arrest the first acknowledgement of the suspect?

I think it's only speculation about the bedroom doors. There has been no statement by LE or relatives to that effect. Also, bedroom doors usually have button locks on the back that you just press and then close the door -- no keys involved.
I'm not sure if button locks can be locked from the outside, but my 3 bathroom and 3 bedroom doors have thumbturn locks on them, and it is possible to lock those from the outside just by turning the locking piece into position and closing the door from the outside.

I am going to try to explain MOO but I understand if this is taken down for insinuating a POI:
Rewatching the press conferences makes me think the police have in fact identified the suspect. It is thus deemed a “targeted attack.” Without the presence of a murder weapon, they likely do not want this POI to know they are a suspect. The suspect is likely closely linked and involved in the investigation, and is under surveillance guised as “protection.” This explains how they are confident that there is no threat to the community. Even with DNA evidence, police are looking to make their prosecution case as bulletproof as possible, thus, they are trying to get a confession from their suspect before identifying and arresting him/her. The POI therefore is likely someone the police have “officially cleared,” but will not divulge information about.

Finally, this individual would have decided to spare the dog’s life. They also would have taken steps to manufacture an allibi that would make them appear (to anyone without forensic evidence and who was not spoken to all notable individuals in the case) completely innocent. All JMO
Perfectly said and exactly along the lines I’m thinking!!! I have like some of the things LE have been doing that are seen as an after thought are then crossing t’s and dotting I’s. Example: coming back and blocking of the parking area behind the house! They can tell whoever they are cleared and not a suspect at this time, all along they are building a solid case against them!

I read in a previous post in this thread that LE hasn’t been able to confirm where the perp(s) entered or exited the home. Maybe these details haven’t been released. I can’t fathom how much blood would have been in this house from this crime. How are there not footprints or hand prints of someone leaving this house? I can’t imagine being the two surviving house mates and waking up to see this scene.
As far as the perp, could be anyone from the property manager of the home to a complete stranger. Hope answers come sooner than later for these families. Four lives taken way too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup