ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Traffic cams. Click the blue dots and then the blue address to view the snapshot. There are several throughout the town.

Given the amount of people that have cameras these days on their homes, businesses, etc. I find it incredibly unlikely there hasn't been someone/something/a car that they were able to trace from that time period. They should be checking every plate that shows up on nearby roads from the time period of the murder. They have to be

If they really have no lead on the perp, wouldn't a flood of tips be better than nothing at all? I'm sure LE and everyone in the community wants to do whatever it takes to get this solved. I think no reward yet is interesting for sure. JMO
My point was that they may already have a flood of tips, tips that are likely to be a higher quality than tips inspired by a reward.

MOO

There had to be a triggering event. An unpleasant interaction, somebody getting a citation, somebody getting in trouble, someone who thought they were important getting blown off, something…something triggered this horrific crime

A pre-cursor event that set the wheels in motion for someone to retaliate. This is a rage and retaliation kill. These college kids look so nice, friendly and fun. Somebody may have taken something the wrong way and reacted
Sorry if already maybe mentioned but wasn’t Ethan in a frat? Maybe someone getting kicked out of a frat recently….
JMOO

I live in a rural English village and you cannot do anything around here without being caught on a Ring doorbell.

However I wonder how much STUDENT accommodation would have a Ring. It would be complicated I think with multiple occupants, people moving in and out, Ring subscriptions to pay for etc. If it’s mostly student housing in that area would it be likely that landlords would fit surveillance systems or care about occupant’s safety? Not disparaging any landlords out there, just my own experience of being a student renter!

So I am wondering if there isn’t actually that much footage? Especially if they came in and left from the rear. MOO.

Something has been bothering me. The last roommate pic they had, who took it? Possibly a timer, but doesn’t seem so. I’m sure they will find out who else was there that day. If it was someone taking a pic, doesn’t seem like they were close enough to be in it. I’m wondering if someone felt overlooked or excluded by the group of close friends.

I live in a rural English village and you cannot do anything around here without being caught on a Ring doorbell.

However I wonder how much STUDENT accommodation would have a Ring. It would be complicated I think with multiple occupants, people moving in and out, Ring subscriptions to pay for etc. If it’s mostly student housing in that area would it be likely that landlords would fit surveillance systems or care about occupant’s safety? Not disparaging any landlords out there, just my own experience of being a student renter!

So I am wondering if there isn’t actually that much footage? Especially if they came in and left from the rear. MOO.
Seems unlikely they have footage of the actual residence, agreed. If they did I'm sure this would be a lot easier lol.

I think people here are referring to info from nearby cameras showing vehicles, people walking, etc. during the suspected time period of the murders.

The good thing is that there are very few ways in and out of the area where the house is. So many dead ends, too. It would be very easy to track a vehicle at that time of night...provided there are enough cameras in the neighborhood.

The importance of whether or not all students or only some of them were found in their beds is a critical piece, I feel. The motive was either targeted at one of the students or all of them... if the perp went to each bedroom and committed the attacks, then all 4 were intended targets. If one of the students, let's say Ethan, got up to investigate a noise (murders of the 3rd floor girls) and came face to face with the killer and was murdered due to collateral damage and Xana being awake at this point caused her demise, this would tell us that not all 4 were the intended victims. This really makes a big difference from the investigation stand point in my opinion.
I’m a first time poster. This case is horrifying.
Do we know if the person that the 2 girls were calling might have been at the frat house next door?
Unfortunately, as a college student, you might be hesitant to call 911.
I also feel like someone,somewhere has seen a knife like that. They need to report it just to be sure .

Given the amount of people that have cameras these days on their homes, businesses, etc. I find it incredibly unlikely there hasn't been someone/something/a car that they were able to trace from that time period. They should be checking every plate that shows up on nearby roads from the time period of the murder. They have to be

Seems traffic cameras only on main streets, so perp with half a brain would avoid. BUT, really hopeful someone's security camera gets him. Still a defense lawyer can argue not proof of crime. UGH.

I’m a first time poster. This case is horrifying.
Do we know if the person that the 2 girls were calling might have been at the frat house next door?
Unfortunately, as a college student, you might be hesitant to call 911.
I also feel like someone,somewhere has seen a knife like that. They need to report it just to be sure .
BBM
I lived in a not so nice place during my time in college and myself and three roommates lived in a house right next to a public bus stop. We had multiple incidents with people around our house who shouldn't have been, even one time someone coming into our home while we were gone. Every SINGLE time, I called my boyfriend first. We texted in our groupchat first. We called other roommates who weren't home first. I even called my mom who was TWO HOURS AWAY first. Unfortunately, you don't know how serious the situation is until, often times, it's too late.

Regarding cameras, the neighbors camera shows the two girls being dropped off by a private party.

1. It hasn't been reported where they were dropped off and whether they used the first-floor door or went around to the second-floor sliding door. Does the neighbor's camera show the front of the house?

2. Are there any cameras for the back parking lot behind the house (up the hill) or for any of the houses on the street behind the woods, that the murderer may have escaped on?

Last edited:
The good thing is that there are very few ways in and out of the area where the house is. So many dead ends, too. It would be very easy to track a vehicle at that time of night...provided there are enough cameras in the neighborhood.
Bear in mind the perp may have parked their vehicle somewhere else and walked. Not disagreeing with your very valued point, just expanding on it.

True, if you run down each street in surrounding area of King Road using "street view" you can see a couple on residences/buildings, I saw a couple ring cameras on Walenta with unobstructed view in close proximity to edge of street, and one on corner of Nez Perce & Blake Bldg, unobstructed view sidewalk/street. Tree obstructions do appear to common and difficult to discern using the "street view" 360deg. AMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjberry5954