ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, it speaks that the killer knows them well enough to know they’re not armed. I’m stating the obvious there I know.
With all due respect, I believe it is plausible that the killer was on a planned mission and may or may not have known or cared. He seems to have been determined and prepared to meet and prevail over any and all challenges and certainly had an unobtrusive path in and out. IMO
That said, he may have surveilled them for a limited time before the attack from the back wooded area.
And I can’t imagine he would be carrying a cell.

Been following this because I lived in in the Moscow/Pullman and Lewiston regions for a couple summers. It will be very interesting once the media gets the FOIA on the 911 call. Unless it gets blocked somehow. The University officials are going to want to do damage control as to not affecg univeristy reputation. But its too late - the best thing is to be as transparent aa they can be (per investigation) in order to bring this monster to justice and give people a sense of peace back

I think it's only speculation about the bedroom doors. There has been no statement by LE or relatives to that effect. Also, bedroom doors usually have button locks on the back that you just press and then close the door -- no keys involved.
Thanks!
But aren't button locks INSIDE?
He must have locked the doors from OUTSIDE when leaving each bedroom, no?

I just cannot imagine LE or anyone asking for a reward for information for this kind of crime. It’s sick to even think you have to offer someone money for information in a case like this. Is this what the world has come to?!
It's certainly upsetting, but it is a common approach to get more information in violent crimes. I think that LE in Delphi, for example, offered a monetary award for any information leading to the arrest of a suspect.

Thanks!
But aren't button locks INSIDE?
He must have locked the doors from OUTSIDE when leaving each bedroom, no?
You can press the button on the inside of the door and then pull it closed so that it locks. That's an annoying part of those locks. You can lock the room shut accidentally from the outside. But that is why those locks have an small dot opening in the front, where you can put in a metal wire to open the door from the outside, if it got locked accidentally. These button-locks are meant as privacy locks and not security locks.

....and this town is so small, perp might have walked home. I have Wyze cameras on every window with memory cards. Looking out the front window, I could tell what car passed but not the license. But, person walking by, yep.

He might have to be a ninja
The perp would not have to be that sneaky to walk a mile off sidewalks. For instance thru the wooded area in the back then stay away from sidewalks with a hoodie up. JMO

If they have video of the girls being dropped off, it must have been close to the house, and that camera must have something from the time of the murders? Right like how likely would it be for the girls to be dropped off further away (makes no sense to me, speaking as someone who has gotten a lot of ubers/lyfts).
I wondered the same thing, do these cameras turn on with movement or lights? If it caught them being dropped off why not catch every car driving by?
We don’t have any description of a car to go by, makes me think No.
Possibly that the perp entered from the back yard, the woods, missed the camera all together and exited the same way.

Another incident Monday Eve is being reported- not sure if related, but is young girls, creepy guy, some articles say report is unfounded, but it does have a description of a white male with beard. Guy wasn’t found??! %$?@&!

The FBI former agent (link in previous thread) said this kind of knife is considered a "relic" nowadays.
The perp might be much older than the victims.
Maybe a hunter who visited these areas, so no exactly local?

By the way, it was reported that the perp locked the bedroom doors - does it mean the door keys were left in the locks by the victims?

Moo
Was that actually reported about locking the bedroom doors? I've been trying to figure out where that speculation was coming from, I can't work out how someone could've locked the doors from the outside of the bedrooms. Most doors, especially in the US to the best of my knowledge, don't have keys and are only lockable from the inside, so it's been really confusing me how it could have been the case!

Also it doesn't really mesh with Ethan being found in the hallway, as said by his parents early on, or makes that seem less likely, but then I don't know that we have that as fact so who knows.

I agree. I think it is possible that a juvenile living nearby or a homeless man in the woods may be responsible. If a dog really was skinned with a knife then the person who did that could be the killer for sure. Is it possible that an animal attack could mimic skinning with a knife? LE just dismissed it. and that seems odd. Or maybe someone with mental issues who just could not tolerate the noise any longer. I think lE is just waiting for the blood tests and hoping that science will solve it. They don’t seem to have a clue. I think a knife was used because the perp had no access to a gun.

From the Moscow Police Department Facebook post yesterday evening, "Rumor Control: Detectives are aware of a Latah County Sheriff’s Office incident of the report of a skinned dog and have determined it is unrelated to this incident. Contact Latah County Sheriff’s Office for further details."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammi Toxic