ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents believe he is okay??? Maybe that's how they're coping, but FWIW, if my son were missing in the woods, I would NOT think he was okay!!! Something would be VERY WRONG and he obviously would NOT be OKAY if he were 2 years old and somewhere without his parents.

Why do they feel he's safe, they said they have no idea who would take him. How close are the campsites to each other? Did they contact everyone that was camping there?

but I still can't wrap my head around why they'd say they think he's safe. Everyone responds differently, but I'm stuck in the mindset of most parents thinking the worst and hoping for the best.

Hi everyone. I am back here after a very long time, forgot my password and the email I used. :)

Anyways, I wanted to say something that might be useful. Most of the time, it is actually the police who suggest the family to state that they think their child is okay even when the family feels the child is not. They do it in case the child has been abducted, to let the kidnapper know that they are still looking for the child. If they state they presume the child is dead the criminal/s can now feel free to do whatever he/she feels to do with the minor. In the case where the child is much older, it is an indirect way to communicate with the victim to let them know that they are still searching for them so they can find strength to go on.

Even if he wandered off in the woods and no one has found him would he even be able to survive this many days without water?

Assuming "Big Timber Creek" is the same (location seems to match approximately), this site gives the maximum water temp near there (measured in June) as 17.0 Celsius, or 62.6 degrees Fahrenheit. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/dv?referred_module=sw&site_no=13304185 Note: These temps were taken in 1978 though, so with climate change, could possibly be a few degrees warmer now. Also, this is downstream a bit from Big Timber Creek, and it gets colder the further upstream you get in mountain creeks/streams.

And this may be a more accurate and current measurement of the water temp at the reservoir. From looking at the campsite online, it looks like the reservoir is called Stone Reservoir and this fishing site gives the current estimated water temperature at Stone Reservoir as 37 degrees Fahrenheit. http://www.fishingnotes.com/water-temperature/id/Stone-Reservoir

Hi everyone. I am back here after a very long time, forgot my password and the email I used. :)

Anyways, I wanted to say something that might be useful. Most of the time, it is actually the police who suggest the family to state that they think their child is okay even when the family feels the child is not. They do it in case the child has been abducted, to let the kidnapper know that they are still looking for the child. If they state they presume the child is dead the criminal/s can now feel free to do whatever he/she feels to do with the minor. In the case where the child is much older, it is an indirect way communicate with the victim to let them know that they are still searching for them so they can find strength to go on.
Thanks for the interesting perspective. I did not know this. I always imagined I would just be screaming into the camera like a lunatic. That would be counterproductive if I wanted to get my story out, lol. What you say makes good sense. Thank you [emoji5] oh, and welcome back!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the interesting perspective. I did not know this. I always imagined I would just be screaming into the camera like a lunatic.

Me too!!! I think people just keep nagging you to "stay calm" but my goodness, I cannot even start comprehending how I would react.

Drugs work wonders. I imagine alot of parents of missing children have to be sedated to even cope with it. I imagine they would have to put me in a rubber room but I also know I would have to stay strong. Couldnt look for my child locked up. I cant imagine you could cope without something. I know Id never stop looking. I sure understand why the parents are staying in the camp ground. jmo

I too can understand why they're staying in the campground. I'd imagine leaving would be akin to giving up. I think I'd just have to build myself a house there. I can't begin to comprehend surviving this kind of emotional trauma.

Drugs work wonders. I imagine alot of parents of missing children have to be sedated to even cope with it. I imagine they would have to put me in a rubber room but I also know I would have to stay strong. Couldnt look for my child locked up. I cant imagine you could cope without something. I know Id never stop looking. I sure understand why the parents are staying in the camp ground. jmo
Yes. Staying in campground is EXACTLY what I would do. I would also let my husband do most of the talking as I would be moaning and saying "please" over and over again. I would be a complete and useless basket case. But I would be RIGHT there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And this may be a more accurate and current measurement of the water temp at the reservoir. From looking at the campsite online, it looks like the reservoir is called Stone Reservoir and this fishing site gives the current estimated water temperature at Stone Reservoir as 37 degrees Fahrenheit. http://www.fishingnotes.com/water-temperature/id/Stone-Reservoir

There are two Stone Reservoirs in Idaho. The one listed on that site is in Oneida county. Little DeOrr is missing near the Stone Reservoir in Lemhi County. This one is a small lake, only about 500 feet across. It is also about 7,500 feet above sea level, so it is in the mountains. It is likely that the water is cold.

I wonder who is staying with mom's other children . They also need mom , since their baby brother is missing .

The above post re the jacket reminded me that I meant to thank everyone for a couple ideas posted a while back.

1. Always dress kids in bright colors when in these surroundings - never camo

2. Always have kids carry a whistle

Very, very good ideas, guys!

Thanks!

I sure hope Deorr is found soon but as sad as it is to say, I'm afraid it's been too long to expect a good outcome unfortunately. Poor adorable little guy. I hate these cases and swear each time that I will never follow one again......but then I can't stay away.

In the article it states that they are tracking dogs, which are different than cadaver dogs. Although, some tracking dogs are cross trained as cadavers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which article? In the beginning, yes, they had tracking dogs. Iirc later they were said to bring cadaver dogs in. I might be wrong. I will try and find the article mentioning cadaver dogs.

I think the comments nit-picking about minnows are irrelevant. The dad probably wasn't talking about a specific minnow, but minnows in general. He probably just thought DeOrr would like to see the fish.

We have lakes and rivers here in the UK that look crystal clear when you look at them from the bank/above but when you enter them they kick up silt and dirt from the bottom.

I still don't get a hinky feeling from the parents. The dad in particular reminds me of my dad in the way he deals with stressful situations is to get every single detail, every little thing, and then try to analyse it. He will give any minuscule piece of information even if it's unneeded to cope with what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010